1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine ZEX wet NO2 on XRS

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by TooFastXRS, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    ZEX wet NO2 on XRS

quick question for the nitrous guys....
    theres not to much out right now performance wise for the XRS. I was thinkin about running one of ZEXs wet nitrous systems. I have never used NO2 before and was kinda "scared" about ruining my new XRS. I was thinkin about the 55 or 65 HP increase wet systems....I was just looking for some advice...good mod/bad mod? I researched it a bit and i now know that its a pretty cake install, but im still iffy about using it....any advice is much appreciated..thanks!
  2. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    I like my NX kit -- I haven't really looked at Zex, but I imagine they're fairly similar.

Run high octane fuel (which you probably do already, with a 2zz), get colder plugs, and start with a 35 shot. See how that works..get used to it, then try 50. =)
  3. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    thanks...

Thanks man, what about engine life? How does Nitrous effect the engine life or vitals. If i run Nitrous on my ride is it gonna kill my engine after awhile....i mean i was just thinkin about hookin it up for shows and maybe the occasional race a couple times a month. In other words i dont need to upgrade pistons or any internals to run NO2??? i know the ZEX kits come with colder plugs but i wasnt sure about the other engine components. thanks again CadetLee!
  4. Offline

corolla_man_j Guest

Message Count:
    if used properly, nitrous oxide will cause no premature damage to your engine. I would think that you can run up to a 75 hp shot on stock internals, since you can safely run ~7.5 psi of boost, and since 8-10 hp = ~ 1 psi of boost, it would be anywhere from 60 to 75 hp on the stock everything minus plugs and stuff. If properly used and all, it would pose no threat, unless you do what it is not desined to do like if you run a spray bar, and have some risidual run to your intake unmetered.
  5. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    hows that going mike?
  6. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    what the hell u goina do with nitrogen dioxide???:bang head:

n2o