1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

you know that program??? please read

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JspeXAE102, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It's called a EPC I have a version but its out dated and officially its a European vesion. Just do a search on Yahoo for Toyota EPC and the first couple of links that pops up is the one I have. As far as I know there isn't a recent version that leaked out to the public.
  2. Offline

jcrwzr Member

Message Count:
    you know that program??? please read

ok, some of you all know already that i have p0440, 1, and 6. EVAP codes are a b^tch! it's a complicated job! i've researched that the vicitms who have those 3 codes have spent labor $$$ and parts that don't even fix the problem. the job is shotty and it's a gamble.

now, i know the parts are expensive. and i was reading that mechanics and even stealerships (dealerships) will even take junkyard parts to fix the problem and charge you for brand new parts - especially for EVAP stuff that I can't even find online.

So you've all been the to parts dept of the stealership before. You know how they look for parts? They ask you for your VIN number and kaboom! every single piece if your car is shown, and when you pan over a particular section of your car, PART NUMBERS show up. when you find the right part, they write down the part number, and search for it on their computer or in the back of their store. then they tell you if it's in stock, backorder, special order, or discontinued.

I WANT THAT PROGRAM! I can compare parts with different generations of corollas. see what's different or what's the same. so when i go to the junk yard, I'm not searching just for an 8th gen becasue hopefully, the 9th or 7th gen will have the same part number.

if some mechs are willing to call junkyards (JY) for parts, why can't i do the same thing? i'll go to the JY, pull the parts myself from a good looking car, and haggle and barter with the owner of the JY. chances are that the parts will be cheaper wouldn't they? at best, i can pay only for labor and small parts like hoses, screws and bolts etc.

seriously, how do these dealerships, and mechanics f^cking sleep at night. i'll kill them!
  3. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    I think i may have a friend who has a program for toyota but its fairly old and will only go up to like mid 90's. you still want me to ask and see?
  4. Offline

jcrwzr Member

Message Count:
    definitely! please!
  5. Offline

DOT. Noypi ako!

Message Count:
    Here's some EPC of the ae101: <a href="http://ae101.tappsville.com/epc/" target="_blank">http://ae101.tappsville.com/epc/</a>
  6. Offline

jcrwzr Member

Message Count:
    It costs $50. is this the right one you think? if i understand this correctly, it's a USA spec epc, right?

http://www.autocd.com/index.html?q=7

click the link
    go to catagories: usa market
    and
    select manufacture: toyota - lexus
  7. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I have a hard paper copy for the 98-02. Does anyone have the 93-97? We can compare the part numbers to see if they are interchangeable.
  8. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    some are some aint , the engine stuff , no ,, because of the 1zz introduction in 98 , as far as the suspension and chassis , have fun its all the same.

as for the program , its nice to have , and exploded veiw of every part , screw , nut , bolt , and washer .