1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

YOU calculate my gas milage!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GSE21tuner, May 19, 2007.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    That... I did not know. So in fact when the light comes on, you have another 4 gallons. Interesting. Has anyone actually driven their car out of gas to confirm it?
  2. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    no , alot of city driving , also pullin the 17,s

ok , maybe a little , size 13 :)
  3. Offline

rayray1 Active Member

Message Count:
    I've actually run out of gas, the car stalled out twice just when I pulled into the gas station and I still only managed to fill the car up with about 12 gallons of fuel.
  4. Offline

rayray1 Active Member

Message Count:
    I doubtful that Toyota would lie about the size of their gas tanks.<br />
    <br />
    All Sentras from 1990-2006 model years have the same size tank as do Corollas, also rated @ 13.2 gallons (or 50 litres).
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I figured so. Anything bigger would be Camry territory.
  6. Offline

robthompson46 New Member

Message Count:
    when I had my 04 rolla (before i Wrecked it :() I whenever my light came on i would drive another 60 miles before i filled up again. Usually it took $35 to fill up. This was about 6 months ago.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    That's good to know.
  8. Offline

NWanner Guest

Message Count:
    The lower number is for cold oil, higher number is for hot oil. If you want "thinner oil" you need to lower the high number. It's better to use 10w-30 if you can as 5w-30 is just 10w-30 with addatives to make it less viscous when cold.

Overfilling past 13.2 gallons can potentially saturate your evap canister and mess up your evap system. When the pump stops it stops, let it be.
  9. Offline

NWanner Guest

Message Count:
    Whenever you run out of gas your gas lines and pump are dry. You need to cycle the key on/off at least a dozen times to prime the pump and lines.

btw, I was responding to a post on page 1 above. I forgot to click the quote message button.
  10. Offline

scrotarolla Guest

Message Count:
    I drove 410 miles to Vegas, and on the way back I got around 46 mpg. I got bored and decided to play with this Gran Prix. Got my 99 up to 100 with no problem. This was before I replaced the struts and tires, so it was a little scarey. I got up the balls to pin it at 110 and still had pedal left. Wish I had a tach :( . And then my wife woke up and told me to slow the F down...

Shaved about 2 hours off the trip too!

Around town is usually 30-34 in the hot summer, 36 and better in the winter. Tank only holds about 13 gallons with fill tube - the tank has been emptied; the manual doesn't even list a capacity. The fuel light (idiot light) is merely a suggestion, but yeah, about 4 gallons left when lit. Everything is stock, besides the KYB's and Cooper tires (meh). Wife and I are still trying to decide whose foot is heavier, but we don't drive like poo-poo heads. 125K on the ticker, just started using synthetic, 87 octane, seafoamed once.

You don't want to run you fuel system dry. You could overheat your pump and you'd suck up all that crap in the bottom of your tank. Overfilling is bad for the environment and as mentioned before will kill your evap system.
  11. Offline

NWanner Guest

Message Count:
    I wouldn't recommend using synthetic in an engine that has over 60K in it. Synthetic is thinner and contains more detergents than organic oil. Toyota generally makes a good engine but you just might find that you may burn or leak a little oil when using synthetic in a 100K+ mile engine. 46mpg is awesome though, I wish I could keep my foot out of it enough to get something like that but I guess I still think I'm driving a camaro or something lol.

Oh and even if an oil claims it can go 10K or 15K without a change keep in mind that may be the oil itself but not the filter. So you're better off just changing it a 3K city and 5K highway (or every quarter) like you would standard oil.