1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Yikes, maybe 7AGE conversion no good

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by killer2239, May 24, 2004.

1. Offline

killer2239 Lift at 5700rpm

Today's my Birthday!
    Message Count:
    Yikes, maybe 7AGE conversion no good

Well i went over to the shop today where i have do my work. And they said the rebuild alone, and they would put on the parts of the 4AGE to make conversion, but rebuild, converting labor is 1600-1700. Then if there is any electrical work, for using the 4AGE ecu and such, they charge by the hour.

I dont know enough about cars to know about a conversion fully and shit, what all needs to be done wiring wise like. So im screwed.

I called toyota to ask how much a rebuild and new clutch with parts would cost, and im looking around 2000. Then i could use 1500 out of the 3500 i can barrow from parents, to have this guy i know do my body kit install, and a nice ass paintjob with some graphic effects and neons. Make car show, and do a 7psi turbo in a year prolly.
  2. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    Price doesn't suprise me at all. I think if you did something like that its something you research a ton and do yourself. Outta the research I've done on the 7age you dont want to go with forced induction on that set up though.
  3. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    so.. u didn't know that earlier huh?
  4. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    uhh.. is that why there are 7a-gte setups on club4ag that are being built? and why another guy i personally know (helped me with my hybrid setup in my ae92 and sold me my mr2) is building a 7a-gze for an ae86....

the only problem about using a 7a block and boost is the fact that the crank isn't as strong as the ge or gze crank....

if you build a 7a-ge, then you could either run a modified 7afe or 4afe ecu... or use a standard 4age ecu....

just remember that you'll have to put the ammenities in the places of a 4a-ge for the most part... (starter can stay on intake side if you use the 4/7a-fe plate between tranny/motor... alt goes on intake side unlike the 4/7afe, PS has to go on the exhaust side.... etc)
  5. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
  6. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    Anyone actually have pictures of a 7age engine? In a car or out? I'd love to see it.

And about the forced induction thing, that is basically what I meant. Everyone I have talked to about using forced induction on a 7age has pretty much told me just swapping to a 4age would be a better choice. Someone do it though it'd be sweet.
  7. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    boi-oi-oi-oi-oing