1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

XRS Tires and rims on a CE

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by kewlsan, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Offline

kewlsan Guest

Message Count:
    XRS Tires and rims on a CE

Ok, I just got the corolla XRS Tires and Rims for my 2005 CE. While I like the wheels, its looks kinda funny. To put it another way, I really need a drop. Now I noticed the tires are bigger than the CE tires and hubcaps. I plan to get some Tein S techs springs with a 1.5 drop, as soon as possible. Will these new tires and springs work right? What I mean is, should I expect any problems beside rubbing? I dont know the size of the tires or anything like that. I pretty much just put on the tires with the lug nuts it came with.....
  2. Offline

Tenchi New Member

Message Count:
    1st of all, the S-Techs are more of a 2.5" drop not 1.5". The XRS Rims and tires will be fine. For a size comparison, you can always check the tire size calculator under "Info" on this website. It is a very usefull tool.
  3. Offline

imported_Bolton Guest

Message Count:
    I bought the XRS wheels with tires for my CE. I have not installed it (I wait for summer) but I think I'll need a drop. I'm very sad with it...
  4. Offline

Tenchi New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah, I'm surprised the 9th gen Corolla isn't classified as an SUV with that wheel gap, lol. If you get spring, it will definately improve the look and of course handling.