1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

XRS is slow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zero10, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Hey polo, im proof that we dont even need a s/c to be faster than the Xrs!
  2. Offline

jeffm Guest

Message Count:
    The new Corolla XRS ($17,455) is powered by a 170-horsepower 1.8-liter mated to a six-speed manual transmission. The XRS features a sport-tuned suspension with revised steering and 16-inch aluminum alloy wheels and Michelin performance tires, an upgrade from the standard 15-inch wheels on all other Corolla grades. Special interior and exterior trim distinguishes the XRS. Additional standard equipment includes anti-lock brakes with tire pressure monitors, front and rear disc brakes, and cruise control. The XRS gets sport seats, a silver-colored instrument cluster and switch plates, optitron meters, and a leather-like shift boot and leather shift knob.The revised steering system features a more rigid steering column, designed to improve response. A power steering rack specially developed for the XRS allows for better steering feedback. Enthusiasts should take a look at the new Corolla XRS, which promises significantly improved acceleration performance and sportier handling.

:lol: some things you just can't get unless you buy the xrs. like uniqueness well for right now anyways. 8)
  3. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    don't forget the 127 tq powered motor :?
  4. Offline

jeffm Guest

Message Count:
    it's only 3lbs of torque :roll:
  5. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    i was looking at the sentra spec v. it has 180tq..... :shock:
  6. Offline

jeffm Guest

Message Count:
    the spec v and the corolla would be a good match i think the corolla I think is underated in horsepower. The spec would take the corolla off the line with all the torque steer and the corolla would take it on the top end imho. stock vs. stock The quality of the toyota corolla is way better in my opinion. I do like that nissan developed the spec v with all that torque, I just wish that they refined it alot more. It's like comparing a srt4 to an sti minus awd and price difference.
  7. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    the 2003 corola doesn't have top end period. It has been proven by me. lol.

The sentra is only 50lbs more heavier :roll:
  8. Offline

jeffm Guest

Message Count:
    Have you driven a xrs. I retracted my statement about weight when i looked it up my bad.
  9. Offline

jeffm Guest

Message Count:
    talking about nissan's I saw a right hand drive r33 about a week ago a couple of blocks away from my house sweet car. :D
  10. Offline

Rtrac1 Guest

Message Count:
    overweight XRS Corolla wagons count?? I'll take that challenge. 8)

to the guy that asked, I assume the XRS corolla has the same speed limiter as the Matrix XRS. 138 mph
  11. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    No thanks Rtrac1, if i was talking about a Matrix, I woulda asked......I will race a stock XRS 6 speed Matrix and Corolla though......But in my original question I was referring to a COROLLA XRS, NOT a COROLLA MATRIX XRS!! :)
  12. Offline

rja Guest

Message Count:
    LOL!! For the same amount of money I have spent purchasing and modifying my Corolla S I could have bought an XRS. And I am sure I would still beat it; whether it was on a drag or on a circuit. Your times posted here have proven that. The fact is that the XRS 6 spd does not allow the engine to stay revving high enough to take advantage of the power band. The gears are just not short enough. That will make it a disadvantage in any driving. That is what started this conversation after all, isn't it? Also, we can play what if games all night. But I am just talking about my dollar per the XRS dollar. My dollar would have been wasted on the XRS!
  13. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Games can be fun, but I'm just trying to prove my side of the point. The down-tuned 2zz is just the same (if not worse) than the 1zz found in other corollas.
  14. Offline

rja Guest

Message Count:
    Games are fun, but racing is better. :D
  15. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Let's go Sucka! :twisted:
  16. Offline

05RollaGirl Guest

Message Count:
    i just think it's all personal preference ... if you don't like S/C or T/C stick with the XRS but if you like it then go S S/C ... i thought this board was to support all Corolla owners no matter what their decision or corolla model they have :?
  17. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    thanks captain cut and paste :roll: I know what the XRS has and doesnt have... I was stating the only worthy upgrades... I hope that tire pressure monitor comes in handy when you line up next to me :lol:
  18. Offline

jeffm Guest

Message Count:
    I just called toyota and they told me that you can land in the high cam range if you take it all the way to redline when you shift. I would try it personally but I only have 800 miles on my engine. When I'm done with the break-in I will take it to the track and test it out. Maybe i'll take a trip to thunderhill race track in willows, CA. :D
  19. Offline

oddfish Guest

Message Count:
    I'd like to hear how you liked the car if you make it to Thunder Hill. A road course is probably a better environment for the xrs than a drag strip anyway.
  20. Offline

Rtrac1 Guest

Message Count:
    after going to a roadcourse in my matrix and beating cars with 50+ more HP than me, I agree. the track i go to is almost all 3rd gear, over 7000 rpm.