1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

XRS Corolla

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FaisalCorollaS, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
  2. Offline

Tampacorolla New Member

Message Count:
    I agree that XRS is good and well tune.
    The stock 1zzfe, you can do more low and mid speed mod, other than 2zzGE high REV Engine, power only come out at high rev around 4200RPM ,(simiular to K20A2 engine from Honda Vtec) well, my point of view... all car are fast, more money put in more faster will goes.....
    1zzfe and 2zzge both are good, depend what type you want , Force induction or N/A
    I recommend peoples drive XRS go NA or Turbo, and 1ZZ go S/C. cause govern 1ZZ kicks in at 115mph. Stock vs Stock, XRS will owns Stock ROlla.
  3. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah I agree with you. I was challenged by a Jetta 1.8 Turbo (seems very heavy) in my first race when he he heard me hit lift and I beat him by redlining at 8500 rpm in 1st and 2nd (although, I still have not broken-in, but atleast I gave Corolla a good name) and quite honestly I do not feel any lack of torque. It comes pretty strong right from the get go. Not sure why. It is probably because of the aggressive gearing.
  4. Offline

bernigts Guest

Message Count:
    guys...

Holla guys, okay that my first post over this forum but that might not be my last one.

First of all, if the question is : "Did the rolla XRS is the fastest rolla ever stock?" the answer is : YES
    But if the question is : "Did tge rolla XRS is the best rolla ever stock?" the answer is : NO The corolla GTS AE86 is the best, why ?

The rolla GTS is the best over all for many reason, first of all, it very well balanced, 51/49 and the XRS is 61/39 that mean alots in race, second the RWD vs FWD again..if F1 and Rally car are RWD that not for nothing hey guys!

The 4a-ge engine is still the best 4 cylinder over the world, he can handle alots of mods and still be strong, just think of the TRD 4a-ge ATLANTIC mod, 11 000rpm and 240hp NA. Same head, same block.

Corolla GTS was a sport car like mr2 and supra in old time, also 4a-ge was devloped by Yamaha and Toyota. It was a BEST in time and it still a best. I own one of the cleanest ae86 in quebec city and still after 330 000 km it still start each morning, dont drink a oz of oil and still it kick ass of civic si , rolla S, and integra.

Okay in straigh line it dont take alot of time to find better. But damn how many mustang, chevy, any big block or some 240sx, sentra spec v, mazdaspeed eat dust when it was time to be in corner...WHY? Simple it all about balance!! And TOYOTA know that! They never pretend to make 1/4 cars and i dont think the will ever...but on a race track they are one of the best!

20 years after the corolla GTS in america, toyota announce the unexpect corolla XRS with a 2zz-ge tuned and devlopped by Yamaha and TRD that will devlop 170hp@6800rpm and 127lbs@4400rpm. They adjust suspension and 3-4 cool thing that make the car look cool...add disc brake in rear, stainless steel exausht, good brake line, etc.

Okay, again Toyota will change the fact that it all about torque..like they did 20 years again....
    Man remember when the GT-S was sold...nobody trusted this car hey! 112hp@6500rpm and 97lbs@4250rpm That was a real joke, until someone tried it! and again today it will be the same with the XRS...okay it not RWD and it not well balanced like GT-S but there more hp and more torque and if you check the sentra se-r, mazdaspeed protege, mazda 3 etc..the XRS is the best balanced car.

Again Toyota don't make 1/4 car's and normaly any s/c (that have near 170hp also) will beat it in a straigh line but go try some solo2 or race track!

I remember one of my frien with a stock usdm 4a-gze in a ae86 race againt subaru WRX and kick is ass in corner that was so funny! He finished first in a race against WRX, 240sx, some civic and other cars...

Well that was my first post! Enjoy and sorry for mistake i speak french in my life not english! (Girl prefere french anyway!)
    BerniGTS
  5. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    XRS has more HP than almost all the cars in it's class except for Jetta 1.8 Turbo ( smoked one already. It is too damn heavy), Sentra SE-R Spec V. Mazda 3, Protege Speed etc. have either less HP (Mazda 3 has 10 less HP) or the same at best (Speed). They are superior in the torque department, but hey Corolla XRS weighs a lot less than most of the car in it's class. I agree that XRS is all about balance in every department. Nothing is lagging in this car ( some people criticize the torque, but oh well)!
  6. Offline

bernigts Guest

Message Count:
    hmm yeah...something lagging : it FWD

would sell my mom for a XRS RWD!
    that would be a so great drift machine!!
  7. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    please remember to join 9thgencorolla.com