1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

XRS Corolla

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FaisalCorollaS, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Offline

midniterains Guest

Message Count:

kick his ass seabass! :p
  2. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    You seem like a torque freak to me because that is what you really have to brag about. Maybe not me, but an RSX Type S being a torqueless wonder will whoop your's and your Corolla's ass by a thing called horsepower.

3. Offline

onemph05 Guest

Message Count:
    Check out 2k3corolla boards and toyota-matrix.com. There's a video in 2k3 of a corolla sc'd 5spd and a matrix xrs 6spd, with I/E. Toyota-matrix has a race between a Matrix xrs 6spd and xr sc'd 5spd.

In both cases they are even in the midrange and the xrs begins to pull up top.
    Lets remember we are all on the same side and keep things cool.
  4. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    I think your backwards... and the S/C'd trix is an AUTO, the XRS is a stick.
  5. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    I was really hoping someone will come along and say that after all ....LOL

6. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    Torque wins races period... If you dont know that then your behind. Like said... the only thing the XRS has over a supercharged S is the rear disc conversion. Im not so sure about the XRS winning in that video... but if it did, its sad that an AUTO kept up with the 6-speed XRS. Both manual... it would be a different story.
  7. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    The auto did not keep up. It kept up till half lower half of first (surprising considering the 15 foot pounds of torque advantage that the XR supercharged had. The XRS guy launched very smartly by doing a clutch drop essentially taking away the only advantage from the supercharged XR) and then the XRS pulled very hard on XRS supercharged and gained about 3-4 cars distance before the video was stopped.
  8. Offline

onemph05 Guest

Message Count:
    IMO
    There are 4 that I know of for top performing "factory" Corollas.

The Corolla XRS 05
    Engine: 170 hp, 127 lb-ft of torque, 1.8-L, DOHC, 16-valve I-4
    Transmission: 6-spd manual
    Brakes (front/rear:( disc/disc, ABS with EBD
    Curb Weight: 1,210 kg (2,670 lbs)
    Sport and lowerd suspension, and shock type strutbar.

Corolla S (TRD parts are factory)
    Engine: 130 hp, 125 lb-ft, 1.8-L, SOHC, 16-valve I-4
    Curb Weight (min - max:( 1,145 - 1,210 kg (2,530 - 2,670 lbs)
    plus: TRD SC: $2995 <<< Boost Power to >>>"145ftlb @ 4000rpms 166hp @ 6800"
    plus: TRD Springs: $ 279.95
    plus: TRD Strut Brace: $ 194.90
    plus: better tires (need price)

Toms Corolla Turbo
    1.6 DOHC
    5spd speed manual
    TOMs package (factory just like TRD)
    Turbo kit with intercooler <<< Boost power to >>>163 hp 133ft-lb @ 6,000rpm
    T.E.C.S. (TOMS's Engine Control System)
    strut tower bar
    sport muffler

TRD Corolla Levin Turbo

These are at the top of the list...
    I don't know if they homoligated the Corolla H/B WRC car... it would top the list for sure, as god of "factory" Corollas.
  9. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    umm ya. in a 4 cyl a manual owns in every aspect.
  10. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
  11. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
  12. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    I wouldn't consider the other 3 factory.
  13. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    simply say:
    tq x rpm = hp

But you can't
    hp / rpm = tp

So I think hp can't make tq
    You get tq from displacement or FI
    correct me if I'm wrong.
  14. Offline

HaPpYfAcE New Member

Message Count:

i'll beat ya with my 2.2L vtec P.O.S. :cool:
  15. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    IMO:
    HP wins top-end races.
    TQ wins 1/4 races.
  16. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    You get hp from tq and rpm and technically you could get tq from hp and rpm, then going farther rpm from tq and hp. correct me if im wrong
  17. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    Oh and gobs of torque doesn't win races. If it did explain to me how a 120 hp/180 ft lb torque turbo diesel still pulls an 8.5 0-60
  18. Offline

jakejacobson86 New Member

Message Count:
    this turned out to be a long ass thread!
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    Well then, since you want to get technical about it. There's many factors you also have to consider like power-to-weight ratio, gearing, aerodynamics, what wheels are being powered, weather, altitude, powerband, tires, road surface, reaction time, and so on and so forth. All those attributes determine a 1/4 time or w/e time.
  20. Offline

wirolla Guest

Message Count:
    Haha Im with u polo, the S/C 5 speed corolla will own the XRS 6 speed, its a fact and you guys that have an XRS need to get over it. Except maybe if youre racing to 115 or somethin, then the 2zz will prolly walk away.
  21. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    ^I know the above, but I just wanted to act like an ass with him saying torque wins races lol, sounded as bad as the all pro domestics and everything else is shit kind of sayings. and rainbow I can't exactly remember how it works cuz tq x rpm doesn't make since to me right now, but I remember an article by one of the editors of scc going over it, so I was trying to act smart lol (when really im not hahahhaa).
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    Originally I had thought you were responding to my post. But n/m, carry on.
  23. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    You are talking about a diesel... its probably geared out and tuned to pull stuff, not race :rolleyes:

HP wins top end races? you top out at 110 WTF race are you gonnna win?

This thread will never die, haha. ive taken my fair share of GT-S Celicas, so if you think your quicker then a Celica then I have nothing to say to you... its wasting my time. Yeah... wow, a 6-speed XRS beat an AUTO S/C'd XR from a 60mph roll (with the XRS in lift already)... big deal. From a stop, the auto would take your XRS POS, and a 5-speed would just make the race a joke. Remember, the 2zz out of lift is just a 1zz... and I know you cant stay in lift through the gears. You're gonna drop out of the powerband
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    Against a car that tops out at 105 MPH. :D

And how exactly do you know that you can't stay in lift through the gears?
  25. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Oh and you have not F***g clue what you are talking about.

26. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Nobody is talking about it. This topic is dead. You are trying to bring out of the dead yourself. By the way, if you bothered reading above, I have seen a video of a supercharged Matrix auto getting killed by an XRS and mph put a link to a matrix site where someone claims to have beaten a supercharged matrix 5 speed from a roll with a Matrix XRS 6 speed. Either way, I could not careless about it.

27. Offline

Tampacorolla New Member

Message Count:
    let me clear this man, XRS are GT-S Engine and ECU that been tune to fit in corolla.for the information i get from my driving, XRS vs. S/C Corolla Manual have not chance at all, unless someone don't know how to drive stick. XRS gov kicks in in 125 MPH, and S is 115 top speed, so... there is not differents, all the truth power on the car are gear 2 and 3..... if your XRS still think you can beat S/C corolla S, you are welcome to come here and i will prove to you , that you were wrong.
    This is my car setup, TRD CAI, Cone-ECU,TRD S/C, C-One Racing header, TRD Muffler, Apex fuel control, hotick Sway bar, TRD struct bar, big break disk, and rear, TRD oil catcher, 9lb TRD Tacoma Pulley, TRD Boost Gauge, Tein coilover, G-Weir, 2.0 liter board engine, with 8.5:1 wisco piston and rode, TRD Flywheel, TRD racing clutch, TWM Short shifting, C-one body kit, full pipe 2.5 inch, TRD Racing seat,fiber cover hood and trunk,Water and Air inter cooler,Water spar.... and more.... if you don't believe it, come down here and i show it to you with true TRD Spec Project orolla S.
    I will post the time slip soon...... for 1/4 miles run.
  28. Offline

onemph05 Guest

Message Count:
    You think people will doubt you in beating a "stock" xrs in the quarter mile? The person who started this post simply asked, if the xrs was best performing "stock" Corolla Toyota has built so far. IMO yes, it is so far the best performing and other car reviewers in magazine think so too.

Someone, I think it was BlackRolla on 2k3Corolla.org. posted two videos of his SC'd Corolla 5spd (with other mods) vs a Trix XRS 6spd with I/E. The site is down right now, but its worth looking at once its up and running. It seemed to be a dead stop race, with both starting at 1st gear.

From what I recall....
    1st race
    The SC'd Corolla quickly gains 1.5 to 2 cars out of the hole, pulls away and wins.

2nd race
    The SC'd Corolla missed 2nd gear and only gets 1.5 car lead. The Trix stops the pull on 2nd gear and gains the lost ground, evens up by top of 3rd. The Trix on 4th pulls strongly away and wins. The driver of the SC'd Corolla said, his car wouldn't pull between 90 and 100 mph.

If it takes a modded S similar to yours and others set up to beat a stock Corolla XRS. You wouldn't think, that the Corolla XRS still isn't the best performing "stock factory" Corolla Toyota has built so far?
  29. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Taken from car and driver road test (Corolla XRS:(

Top Speed: 130 mph ( Governed)
  30. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    yeah TampaCorolla... you car is cheating, haha. No doubt you would lay a hurting on someone.

Its the biggest problem I hear on all forums and on my one "unimpressive" test drive. The lift kicks in too high and it's very hard to keep in lift through the gears. If Toyota was smart they would engage lift at a lower RPM, but they dont so that hurts the XRS. I like it, I want to see the Corolla gain some respect around the tuner world, it might be the best STOCK rolla ever, but im not to familiar with older corollas.

I had a problem with people saying its the best car ever, fuck this s/c car I'll wax his ass... when he cant. Id be happy to HELP him out a bit but unfortunately im oversees right now. Case in point... stock XRS 6spd vs. stock s/c'd 5spd S... the superchargers going to take it, sorry. Race an AUTO and maybe you can get a win.