1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

XM vs. SERIUS

Discussion in 'Interior' started by shortys408, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Offline

shortys408 Guest

Message Count:
    XM vs. SERIUS

which to get and why?
  2. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    XM is $4 less than Sirius when you compare month to month

I love my XM!!!
  3. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    they both suck, no service in Hawaii :evil:
  4. Offline

SERG4U Guest

Message Count:
    Hey you know what? When I worked at Bestbuy someone had said that one of them I think (Sirius) had more of one kind of music that the other didnt offer......yes this was when it first came out so it could be a differant story now.
    If I was you I would go to bestbuy and ask what the differance is. Sometimes they have Reps from XM and SIRUS there so go on a weekend. Make sure you ask differance people and differance week because Bestbuy may not get paid based on there sales but some of the items are a bigger mark up thus making some sales men to push one product over the other simply to be ranked higher in the Company!!

Belive I know I have see it :shock:
  5. Offline

shortys408 Guest

Message Count:
    i was just wondering because my head unit is serius ready. Also the serius car kit with the receiver that u can also take out of ur ecar and fm modulator is alot cheaper then for xm.
  6. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    This year, they are supposed to start making universal satellite radio tuners. This is so (third party) manufacturers can make 1 tuner that is compatible with both the XM and Sirius networks therefore being able to lower the cost of the tuner itself. This part of the reason why Alpine no longer makes an XM tuner.
  7. Offline

shortys408 Guest

Message Count:
    when is this expected to be released? xm or serius is something i want to get but all taht equipment looks expensive and a pain.