1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine wonderin about fluids

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by KhmerProduction, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Offline

KhmerProduction Guest

Message Count:
    wonderin about fluids

if i was low on lets say radiator fluid and braking fluid would my engine light come on to warn me or would it not show any type of indicator light to tell me i have low fluids?
  2. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    I'm not sure if a light would come on but why don't you just check your resivors? (prolly didnt spell that right)
  3. Offline

KhmerProduction Guest

Message Count:
    what are resivors, im a newbie, well for one i know my brake fluid is low and the brake lights shows periodically, then i stuck a new injem intake in the 2000 rolla and now the light keeps staying on, i thought maybe it was the intakes fault so i stuck the stock back on, but still reseted ecu and everything and the light STILL tends to show, im still wondering if the engine light would still be shown if i was low on fluids
  4. Offline

SkyAce2004 New Member

Message Count:
    maybe u screwed up your sensor when u put in the intake. as for the brake fluid, the ebake light will come on during acceleration if ur low on it ( i need to fill mine up myself) as for ur radiator fluid, there is a clearish lookin resivour between the intake part and ur radiator near the bottom (if i remember correctly) but i dont think it will pop on the engine light for that
  5. Offline

vash Guest

Message Count:
    no cel will come on for low fluids unless its like low oil and your engine is a knockin...the brake light will come on if the fluid is low and when your engine is cold just open the cap to see if it is full or look at the jug and see if it has any fluid if its empty them pour some coolant and water in the jug make sure u got the right color werb
  6. Offline

KhmerProduction Guest

Message Count:
    oh ok, that sounds about right i suppose, just needed some verification on things. If the sensor was messed up, why is it that it feels like im not running lean or to rich, it seems like i am still getting the same gass milage...
  7. Offline

CraigW New Member

Message Count:
    You did not state make or model. When the MAF sensor on my 00 Corolla went it made no difference in performance. Have you reset by battery disconnect ??