1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

wire tuck?? (56k)

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by trdracing2005, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    dang thats alot of stuff I can do that will make it take longer but make it worth while. how will I have ac without a freeon tank?, how do I move the power steering fluid tank? im a car newbie haha

how do I remove the freeon tank?
  2. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    Well if you want a clean bay, your gonna have to scrafice stuff.
  3. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    so basicly no air conditioning?

i car less about the heating system in the car I will get rid of that as soon as someone tells me how to

i started wiring the fuse boxes into the fender ( high up away from any danger) and this is what ive done in a matter of 3 hours!!! : [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

give me some more advice peeps

yo need replys on above questions
  4. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    I wouldn't remove the tank - its there for two big reasons. One is as temporary storage for the refrigerant itself to separate liquid from gas and to trap contaminants like moisture and dirt. You probably could run the system without the reciever/drier - but the A/C wouldn't work as well (R134a refrigerant is just not as efficient as the older R-12 stuff). At case, might as well just rip the whole thing out.

The P/S reservoir is easier - just have to reposition the tank in a different location with the hoses to match.
  5. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    so I shouldnt remove my a/c thingy ok got that, now about the p/s reservoir... where to hide it at? also I need to know where to get a good looking fuel rail so I dont have to have the valve cover on to cover the ugly stock one =) what about the brake line things that are metal that are right behind the engine? can i reroute them inside the firewall or something? I need to know about that ground thing man....here is a picture of the kinda wire it is. it is cut off at the moment for untangleing the wires but i need to know about the two of these and if they have to be bolted to the engine or if I can ground them inside my car....... they bolt on using the two gold bolts that are in the middle of this picture[IMG]
    here is a picture of the wire[IMG]
  6. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    P/S reservoir is pretty small - maybe close to the headlamps? Don't know - that will be up to you, but I would try and keep it under the hood somewhere - not inside the cabin.

Hard to tell where that wire came from - but if it was on the block or head somewhere - then I would put it on that spot. The fuel injection system is pretty sensitive to electrical noise - personally would finda cleaner way to route it to the same spot than trying to ground it elsewhere. Then again - if you can ground everything (chassi, engine, cabin) all to a common ground - then it should be OK to move (at least most of the time). keep in mind that anytime you move a piece of wire - keep trace of it (diagnosing for later) and especially running longer wire lengths, keep an eye on the guage. Don't want to run a wire too far and find out later than it couldn't handle the current running through it.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    One question, are you doing all of this right on the street?
  8. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    i havent extended any wires except for one but that was from the middle of the engine bay to the driver fender so I dont think that will cause a big fuss since it was one wire conected to a single pin connector but I guess I will try to find a cleaner way to route it to the same spot. sorry if im being annoying but I have no idea what a "common ground" is lol im a retard...

yup on the street why? thats where my car broke down lol

i live in a court you know a colevahsack or however you spell it.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    You got a Haynes Manual? Those can come in handy for little stuff here and there. Rest could be asked on some sites like this. You could even google alot of this stuff and may be able to find some info. Just a thought, it could help you out faster than waiting for people to reply here. Sorry I know nothing about this so Im of no use :p
  10. Offline

monkey4005 New Member

Message Count:
    i'd cover up the holes on the itake manifold unless you want dirt in your engine...
  11. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    lol me and you both i am doing this just to do it and learn how to do it I have never rewired anything in my life.
    I think my car is going to explode when I try to start it haha. I do have a haynes manual tho yes thanks for reminding me that those come in handy lol im an idiot for forgeting I had one
  12. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    UPDATES!!!!
    today I got the car to turn over but i forgot to plug in the p/s hoses back in..... yah black stuff all over the side of the engine bay................ ahhh well ill clean it tomorrow, I also had fuel shooting out of my fuel rail becuase two upper o ring on the fuel injectors were shot. I will get thoes tomorrow, I dont know what im going to do about my paint job at the moment but when i get my racing seats, rear seats reupolstered and me headliner reupholstered and last but not least a full corolla s interior ( dash, doorpanels, rear deck, centerconsole, glovebox, and the trim with all new carpet) im going to sit down with my dad and tell him im not satisfied with the work and that I want my hood fixed the parts painted replaced, the full car painted over and the engine bay painted semi gloss black including doorjams. if he says no I will take my half gallon of paint and leave and say "see you in court mutha fudgger". anyways here is what my tucked bay looks 90% done.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

any more sugjestions are greatly apreciated!!!

also I have a friend with a celica GTS 2001 with a 2zz-fe or whatever with a 6 speed tranny he doesnt want he said he will give me his ecu,engine, tranny, and wiring harness for free. It has 95,000 miles on it but he is planning on getting a 3zz ( he is a rich mofo) from a japan trd related motor company or something so I said let me get that engine you have in the car right now he said its yours so im happy I want to know how hard it is to install in my car I have a auto tranny by the way. he says it wont shift into 2nd or somethin but shizznit is free why not try to fix it? let me know what yall think!:D :D :D :D :rule: :rule: :rule:
  13. Offline

sxlostv1 New Member

Message Count:
    3zz is a cheapo 1.5 liter engine. what an idiot. so it looks like you're almost done with the engine bay, why's it still so messy looking? and wth it's a prizm?
  14. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    yupo its a prizm

cheapo my butt hws getting a 300 hp one dude

I like to call it a rolla tho =)
  15. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    yup im going to do that tomorrow I took today off =) slept in unitll 1 this afternoon =)
    I will take that to mind when I get it painted and go ahead and weld the holes shut and grind them down! I will half to find the hose sizes so I can get braided hoses haha never thought i would do it bnut I will. Thanks for the support guys!
  16. Offline

sxlostv1 New Member

Message Count:
    so it's gonna be a 3zz-ge i suppose? let us in on what it's made of and all the technical goodness.
  17. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    dude im not good with that kinda stuff im a:tard: when it comes to that stuff. im lucky my car started after the wire tuck. he said 3zz i dont know if he ment 2zz from monkey wrench or something it was 3 in the morning when he said it
  18. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    ok, Finally after working 3 days straight since the last update Ive been working in 100 - 115 degree weather here in VA. I finished the tuck in the bay and got the interior wiring somewhat cleaned up not much as you can tell in the pictures below, but I did manage to order some Charcoal carpet for my car from www.motorsouthcarpet.com . They were the only one I could find that made replacement carpet for the 98 - 02 rolla in every color. I got the fuse boxes mounted and the fender back on will take pictures of my mounting, Im going to make a protective plate for it to protect it from water and such. The bay is getting painted gloss black probably. and Im getting a overflow tank for my radiator soon. but anyways here are the pictures! Enjoy PS. im posting pictures of the process of my engine wires being hidden one by one =) :

I started out the day with this:[IMG]

Started Making ground Kit:[IMG]

Finished Making ground kit and started on the wires:[IMG]

Two sensor wires that go on the Intake:[IMG]

Interior As I was pulling some of the slack out of the engine Wires:[IMG]

Started Tucking Wires:[IMG]

Half done with tucking wires:[IMG]

DONE! exept for the maf sensor wire and the throttle sensor wire and intake Wires:[IMG]

DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:[IMG][IMG][IMG]

wait no im not I forgot to wrap this up:[IMG]

do I need that round silver a/c thing? I have seen only my corolla with one, do yall have them and if not do yall have a/c?

is it ok if i were to reroute the radiator hose under the throttle body but it still go to the same place? i can buy some flexible tubing and do that if its not bad for it............... and suggjestions?
  19. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    the radiator hose is up there so that its the highest point in the cooling system... so you don't get air trapped in your engine its self.. so ummm no leave it there.. but other wise everything looks great...
  20. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    ok, thanks

any more sugjestions of things to remove? HIDE? or relocate? ur upgrade that can be seen in the engine pictures?
  21. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    that silver cylinder that you keep talking about.. thats your AC condenser.. you don't need that ifyou don't have AC... just be careful taking it off.. its full of refridgerant... infact take it to the dealership and have it discharged before you take it off...
  22. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
  23. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    ok.. then you need it... thats all I can see to remove relocate tho...
  24. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    what is the best racing seats for under 400 dollars that arnt vinyl but are synthetic leather "simulated Leather"
  25. Offline

magnem44 The Magnificent

Message Count:
    Hinesville the greates place on the Earth, GA
    wow ur pretty brave, i couldnt do it....
  26. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    yah you could its just time consuming
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    Move the intake so its facing the ground. Then youll have a SRCAI.
  28. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    ... are you being sarcastic or for real? how if you are foreal?
  29. Offline

Message Count:
    For real lol. You have alot of room now. Just angle the pipe downwards toward the ground instead of next to the engine. You would get colder air that way.
  30. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    true! thanks I will try that. any idea on some good black cloth racing seats? not over 400 tho