1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Winter gas mileage reports are in!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RexPelagi, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Dealer: Ummm, drive slower. Anyway its not OUR problem.
  2. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    yeah that's what i figure they would say, so what is the point of the going to the dealers? It almost seems like a car is a burden to the dealers, when you buy it, it's off their hands. They don't want to fix it. You call them and all they say is :bring it in, let us look at it" and then when the car goes in, the car is fine!
  3. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    the 17.5 was only a fluke. Im back to a comfortable 16.3 mpg.
  4. Offline

zhentipede Guest

Message Count:
    in an automatic if u really wanna save gas ehehehe

just let the rev go between 1.5 - 2.5 rpm that is my greatest fault specially on take off on the side streets...

i drove stick most of my days and u can control ur gas pretty much in stick :wink:

some old fart opinion.... same advice i gave my nephews with v8 f150 in a thirld world country traffic in his case i told him up to 1 - 1.5 only on v8 auto truck lol
  5. Offline

SERG4U Guest

Message Count:
    I have an auto and when I keep my rpm's below 3k I save on gas.....but living in Cali. I have to step on it a little more..............or I will never get on the freeway like that, but norm for me is about 20-22 mpg mostly city driving.(150-170 miles a day) I'm @ 49k right now :)