1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

~* Window Tint on Indigo Ink Pearl *~

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by snuggles, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    ~* Window Tint on Indigo Ink Pearl *~

Hey! I have a problem deciding on what kinda window tint i want on my car. I have an Indigo Ink Pearl Le and i dunno if i want the 35% BLACK tint or the Chrome to Black tint. I went to the tint store today and could not decide on what i want, so i came back home and give myself a weekend to decide. The 35% isn't that dark. U can still see inside the car. But anything darker than 35% is illegal. Frigin' laws. So what do people think?? Chrome to black OR 35% black?
  2. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    This is webmasta33's ride with 35% tint all around
    [IMG]

Go to this link for more pics:
    topic 1468
  3. Offline

Blue_Diamond Guest

Message Count:
    get the 35% all around. The chrome to black is tacky and it is goin out of style.
  4. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    hey Angel, did u think about Titanium Tint. its dark, looks like the silver mirror stuff but not as shiny and not reflective in all light. i should have got that instead of my 35%.
  5. Offline

intel61 Guest

Message Count:
    i got limo tint, the darkest legal tint i guess. works great for me in florida. my back window is really dark, so its hard to see. takes some getting used to. heres my pics and theres one in my signature., i dont have a direct side view.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Here's a side view for ya:

[IMG]
  7. Offline

stinky Guest

Message Count:
    My goal with my car is to put stuf fon the outside that never goes out of style. Things like lauminum spoilers, and spinner rims!!

JOKES!

I think that fader tint is kinda cool, but in a year it will be out of style an you will be ripping it off to put the 35% tint on.

I have 20% black on my car. I like it. its dark enough to keep wandering eyes out, but also light enough that I can still see out the car.
  8. Offline

MikeyRolla Guest

Message Count:
    I say go with 35% as well. I have it on my 2 front windows then 25% on the back windows. Yeah you can still see in the car but it still looks good. It doesnt have to be a ton dark, and plus I think the cops seem to think its factory tint as I dont get bothered at all. Its real easy to see outside at night as well.
  9. Offline

WebMasta33 Guest

Message Count:
    I have 35% all around on my Indigo Ink and love it. 20% is too dark at night for me.

Check my cardomain for how it looks.
  10. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    If you're worried about not seeing at night..go with 35%. If you want people to not be able to see in period...get 5%. If you want a happy medium...go with 20%. Since your car is dark blue (indigo ink)...the 35% will look darker anyway.
  11. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    how much does it usually cost for 35%? and where can i find the places to do the tints, from the dealers?
  12. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Definitely not the dealers!!! :shock: Unless you want to pay an arm and a leg. You'll just have to look for local tinting places, and sometimes car audio places tint windows, too.
  13. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Oh ok, i would get the 20%, but its illegal in NC. 35% is the only legal one. But 35% is not that dark. i was thinking the chrome to black would get old soon too, but it looks so neat. The tint guy was like "well ur car doesn't have much chrome on it, so it might not work".

"Titanium Tint" is that legal??? B/c i don't want to have to pay for it and then pay for it to be taken off. Do u have a picture of it???

U think Chrome to black is getting tacky??? they have bluish chrome to black and greenish chrome to black as well. Now that's tacky. I see them around and i was like "hmm cute", but it's kinda tacky.

tinting around where i live is about 200-ish.