1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Which is better a Probe GT or Corolla???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbmayes2000, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Offline

jiggaman725 the black guy

Message Count:
    THAT WAS MONTHS AGO!!!!!
  2. Offline

pgt4life Guest

Message Count:
    Profit, they got to make a living because, we don't have to Fix Or Repair Daily anymore.
  3. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    i would continue to preach about the crappy nature of ford products seeing as how i worked in a ford service department for a year...... and as the ford guys got their panties in a bunch and came back with "YEAH..... WELL..... MY GRANNY DRIVES YOUR CAR" id laugh as they started to get red in the face and threaten me........

life is good..... and i bet the hit count on a simple little board like club4ag really puts a hurtin on PT..... if that even really matters
  4. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    Ugh, straight from the factory built with a joint program through Mopar and Hurst strictly for drag, but offered to the public if you were lucky enough to get one. Read my post again, Scott Hill said factory tested this beast ran a 10.3, then I clarified that of course the tested version was tweaked a little to get those numbers but Scott Hill was quoted at running a 10.5 1/4.

and since you are too lazy...

http://www.budgetperformance.com/articles/hemidart/

"Despite the strict disclaimer concerning the '68 Hemi Dart, it was too much of a deal for true racers to pass up. With 600 hp (about 480 at the wheels) in a car weighing in at 2150 pounds without the driver, this incredible monster tore up the quarter mile in the mid-low 10s @ 130-135 mph, with minor tuning."

"The Hemi A-bodies were delivered in May, just in time for the NHRA Spring-Nationals at Englishtown. Not unexpectedly, the final came down to Ronnie Sox vs. Don Grotheer in an all Hemi A-body final. Both drivers shattered the SS/B record books with high 10 second runs, with Ronnie Sox taking the win. They would continue on to dominate Super Stock like never before."

http://www.graffitipromotions.com/Barracuda/history.htm

"The S/S Hemi Barracudas were delivered to racers in early May, in time to qualify for the NHRA Spring Nationals. Ronnie Sox was one of the first to get a Hemi Barracuda on the strip and turned mid 10s right out of the box. "
  5. Offline

RogerRepoed2002rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Im sorry the only reason your probe is still running 1sick gt is because it has a mazda motor I own an mx6 and its been really realiable more realiable then my brand new corolla. My mazda out handles my corolla even when it was modded.
    It is slower but if I got the gt version it would be all over.
  6. Offline

1 SICK GT Guest

Message Count:
    hey man you jus don't know when to quit do you, didn't you learn anything no one want you to throw things in their face, because they had a few problems with their car. i'm sure you've had a few problems of you own.

what you should be doing is apologizing to these guy for disrespecting them and their cars.

make friends not enemy's

these guy's don't like you, and your comments on VVTI have made you enemies on PROBETALK too. :mad:
  7. Offline

jbmayes2000 Guest

Message Count:
    Once again, why should I find information for your argument?

Quote:

"Despite the strict disclaimer concerning the '68 Hemi Dart, it was too much of a deal for true racers to pass up. With 600 hp (about 480 at the wheels) in a car weighing in at 2150 pounds without the driver, this incredible monster tore up the quarter mile in the mid-low 10s @ 130-135 mph, with minor tuning."

Quote:

This was the first year Chrysler put the monster 426 hemi in the A body car. They literally had to take a hammer and pound in part of the inner body well near the right shock tower to shoe horn the motor in the car. The motor was rated at 500 hp which propelled the car through the quarter mile at 150 miles per hour with an et. of 10.30!

Ok, so was it rated 500, or 600? Or was it 480?

Other than that, nice find.
  8. Offline

jiggaman725 the black guy

Message Count:
    whoa whoa who...if you didn't notice, pgt4life and i are really good friends. he's basically my brother...known him for about 10 years. and he was actually there with me when all those things happened to my car. he's not throwing it in my face...we always joke about that stuff, just like we joke about his car (if you check out his cardomain page you'll notice how it looked when he wrecked it)

...and plus we've got an inside joke going that most of you don't get...i KNOW you've all seen the rick james episode of the dave chappelle show...just think about it.
  9. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    Actually most any site that has information about the 1968 Hemi SS Cuda is gonna give you different horsepower ratings. To the wheels the 1968 Cuda with the 426 Hemi was producing ABOUT 480.

The site below shows a 426 Hemi dyno sheet from long ago that has the 426 Hemi at about 462 corrected though.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/hemi/dyno-test.html

What every site can agree on is that the car produced enough power to run mid-high 10's on the 1/4 mile, though Chrysler says their tested version pulled it at a 10.3.
  10. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    hey all...... the dodge viper competition coupe is a bone stock viper!!! WOO HOO!!

oh and prostock cars are really actually stock too........ and NASCAR stock cars are all stock as well...... its good to know that highly modified cars that cant drive on the street (in one way or another) are all bone stock
  11. Offline

jbmayes2000 Guest

Message Count:

Gotcha..
  12. Offline

pgt4life Guest

Message Count:

that was a inside joke and i shouldn't have any enemies since i haven't done anything wrong
  13. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    wait...are you being sarcastic? :p

Well no, I don't fully agree. I see it both ways though. People still refer to the SRT-4 as a stock car if it doesn't have any additional mods done outside of what was offered through the dealership. You could refer to the Saleen Mustang as a STOCK Saleen Mustang meaning it has no additional mods outside of what was offered through Saleen and Ford. Nascar stock cars aren't stock seeing how you can't buy them that way through the dealership. Yeah the Hemi SS Cuda was a poor example, BUT it was still a car offered through the dealership therefore you can refer to it as a Stock Hemi SS Cuda. I see your point, but can't you see mine?
  14. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    just some FYI.... i doubt a probe would beat a celica all-trac, integra gsr or type-r (i've been in a gsr in a freeway run against a friend who had the early body style probe gt turbo and lost to us).... also, a del sol is just a heavy civic (in fact, it's heavier than the integras).... and i doubt it'll be a prelude vtec either....

and yes, i do know a bit about the mx6's/probes:

[IMG]

and yes, that is the one that is more than a pain to work on and isn't running
  15. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    lol, not my car..... roommates car..... damn thing doesn't even run..... but the supra tails look better than the stock tails of the same year.....
  16. Offline

jbmayes2000 Guest

Message Count:
    ugh...nice supra lights :rolleyes: