1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Which is better a Probe GT or Corolla???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbmayes2000, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    You know.....it's not like you have to open this thread and read it...lol If it's bothering you, just don't go to it...lol Unsubscribe!
  2. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    Why? This thread didn't get as out of control as the other one.
  3. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah because Scott Hill is just some dude that has no clue what he's talking about. It's not like he owns the car or anything. Or that he drags and collects muscle cars. Or that he's a well known muscle car enthusiast that has PLENTY of credibility. :rolleyes: And if you want to find out whether I am lying or not why don't you get off your lazy bum and look for information. I already supplied one website that confirms what I said and another member already agreed that he read the same deal somewhere else. Also, other members who admit that the car was built for Drag. How slow would you expect the car to be? I have nothing more to prove and if you still dont' believe me, who cares.
  4. Offline

burbod01 New Member

Message Count:
    I thought KIA was canadian
  5. Offline

pgt4life Guest

Message Count:

We haven't started having too much fun yet

and why do yall want to ban me i didn't do anything wrong lol

don't ban me this is all i got lol
  6. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    confessions of a sad disturbed little brain....... :(
  7. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    And everyone at PT is supposed to believe you are being mature about all this?
    lmfao
  8. Offline

pgt4life Guest

Message Count:

lmao......wait a min my little brain doesn't get it oh well :D
  9. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    If it's anything like Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, I hate it.
  10. Offline

1 SICK GT Guest

Message Count:
    you know you corolla guy's make me laugh :D

i'm not here to down anyone's car, jus here to get a small realistic view across.

everyone has there own taste in cars, so no one has a true right to down anyone else's car.

both cars are nice cars (corolla/ probe) buying either of the 2 depends on your perference. for example: if i was looking for a dependable great gas getting daily driver family car, then the corolla would be my choice. but if i was looking into getting a fast car that handles well, then i'm sorry my money would be invested into a probe gt.

be realistic cars are about preference and taste, if your taste is for the corolla then the corolla is a better car, if your taste is for a probe then the probe is a better car
  11. Offline

1 SICK GT Guest

Message Count:
    see the problem with probes is no one that own other cars have no respect for probes, but in all reality they should.

1) honda civic ex,dx,lx,si
    2) honda accord
    3) honda crx
    4) toyota corolla
    5) toyota celica
    6) dodge neon (before 2004)
    7) chevy cavalier
    8) pontaic sunfire
    9) acura integra
    10) acura rsx
    11) honda prelude
    12) honda del sol
    13) 240sx

non of these cars stock off the lot can beat a probe gt in the 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile. but these are the ones that end up talking the most crap about probes

and as for a dependability i have 2 probe gt's and 1 of them i've had since 1993 when they first hit the streets and the only mechanical work i've had to do was oil change, break pads, flush radiator, replace a leaking ac line, and added power steering fluid.

now if my 11 year old probe is a POS like somone on here stated, then i'm happy for making the choice in buying a POS
  12. Offline

jiggaman725 the black guy

Message Count:
    i've got mad respect for probes (pgt4life knows that)...i actually thought about trading in my corolla for one...but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. and i love my rolla for the fact that it's been so dependable for the time that i've had it...

i've seen alot of probes that are tight...i've seen alot of ugly probes....

i've seen alot of corollas that are tight...i've seen alot of ugly corollas...

but it doesn't matter 'cause if you don't own the "car in question" then WHO CARES??? nobody forces you to look at it, you don't have to drive it...like they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". i've had alot of people both on probetalk and here say that my car is a piece of shit...is that gonna stop me from doing me....NO...i could really care less what people think of my car and who thinks it's better or worse than their car...i like my car and i like modding my car...can't we all just get along people? CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG???

oh and btw...pgt4life crosses the line...habitually....he's a habitual line-stepper...
  13. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    Thanks man
  14. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    well realibity wise the corolla is much better. perforamnce with the probe gt is faster. the xrs might be pretty close though.
  15. Offline

corollinout New Member

Message Count:
    to each thier own
  16. Offline

1 SICK GT Guest

Message Count:
    hey i agree with you all the way, i have much respect for every one who tries to put a effort into fixing up there ride, whether it looks good to me or not. i have much respect not only jus to you guys but to any other guy who like us guys with probes have no real aftermarket support. guys like us should never bash each other we should stick together.

and i agree, pgt4life did cross the line.
  17. Offline

1 SICK GT Guest

Message Count:
    i hope you guys don't look as us probe guy's as being asses, always remember jus because 1 guy is being a jerk doesn't mean every guy the owns a probe is a jerk.

i apologize to all of you for a member of our community, coming on to your board and causing so much confusion.

peace out
  18. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    I personally think that there are a few people out there that are bad apples and more than often people will let that bad apple run there thoughts.

I may not like probes, but anyone that is will to put down there hard owned money into modding a car is cool in my book.
  19. Offline

1 SICK GT Guest

Message Count:
    like your martial arts pic, kinda funny
  20. Offline

jbmayes2000 Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah...never said that.

There are ALOT of those kinds of people in america.

Why the hell should I find it? Your the one claiming it and you can't find anything else besides one shitty site that has one picture and some guy just blabbing on about it.

I know, and that website was amazingly informative.

No timeslips, no magazine articles, no further websites.

Once again, one dude, he owns the car, says it ran a "10.3".

I dont' know how slow the car is, but I know a 10.3 seems just a tad too quick for something you can buy straight from the factory.
  21. Offline

nakinmohoes Guest

Message Count:
    it's funny to see the transition of this thread.

i wonder what people would really say to each other if everyone were in person :D
  22. Offline

1 SICK GT Guest

Message Count:

i would say nothing different than what i already said, maybe add some to it :cool:
  23. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    i wouldn't have a problem telling a person with a ford that there car is a piece of shit. realibilty wise there cars don't hold up. they are also the biggest rip offs. the f150 has 10k added to the msrp what the hell is up with that.
  24. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ...but it's not a Ford. it's a Mazda.
  25. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:

huh
  26. Offline

1 SICK GT Guest

Message Count:
    always remember anything man made can break, i've had my probe longer than you had your corolla and i'm sure if you keep the car as long as i have had mine, you will see that realibility is about how you take care of your ride, not who manufactured it.

i've had my ford probe gt since sept. 21, 1993, next month that will be 11 years. never had to replace anything except for basic stuff (oil change, plugs, plug wires etc.) can you say the same :cool:
  27. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    well my dad had an 86 corolla sedan before his wrx and he only replace the tires, fluids, and spark plug wires. he also had 186k miles on it. when i turned 16 i made him sell the car because it was getting too old. and he just randomly bought the wrx one night.
  28. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    hun, the ford probe is the mazda mx-6. they rebadged it for the domestic market.
  29. Offline

pgt4life Guest

Message Count:
    What about the time your wheel almost came off, and the time the engine locked up, and the other time you remember.
  30. Offline

pgt4life Guest

Message Count:
    Thats a good question