1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

what do you do for $$$

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bulletproofswordsman, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    3 months after I started here...they gave me my first raise!
    ... $.35

O_O Almost 4 years later, I'm sitting pretty in a lower-management position making pretty decent money.
    And I'm wearing DIX!

ROFL
  2. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    im probably gona quit walmart on saturday, i just cant take it anymore

$217.00 for two weeks work, FULL TIME

thats how much they rape you with hours
  3. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    Dude, that brings back memories :) I used to work at a small computer shop as a manager and I made like $9 an hour. They said they could never pay me anymore then that so I stuck it out for a while but my paychecks were like $290 for 2 weeks work. The hell with that. Quit walmart and find someone that will pay you good. I did :) I went from $290 take home to > $2k take home every two weeks. There is a big difference :) Atleast until you get married :( hehehe just kidding.
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    2k take home every two weeks. :drool:

lets just say, id kill for 9 dollars an hour
  5. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    my work sux too, i average about 15 hours a week and make $7.75 an hour, my checks are about 70 a week
  6. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    I was thinking about getting a job at Best Buy or something, but they give you so much shit for so little pay. This summer I was making $20/hour plus over time as an intern. Now that I'm back in school I still want a pay check, but the hassle isn't worth it. I'm just going to live off of my loan money and then ball out after I graduate.

BTW, anyone know any good retail jobs that pay $10 an hour or more?
  7. Offline

fastrolla96 speedbumps..yum

Message Count:
    I'm a mechanic at Dunamis Auto Service and I'm loving my job compared to the one before. I used to push carts at wal-mart by myself fulltime before school started and quit for my new job. I'm glad I quit cause I make in a week now that took me 2 weeks at walmart getting stupider everyday pushing carts and also getting thinner and darker. Needless to say I'm happy with my current job and its got free lunch as in they give me lunch as in fast food or chinese.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    wow, cartpusher, did u have to wear that stupid flourescent orange vest? rofl,

good and retail? thats an oxymoron
  9. Offline

dragonhuntur Sunny So.Cal

Message Count:
    I'm a graphic designer at a screen printing shop...at least that's my title...I do everything there. Everone thinks I am the owner...lmao! It pays decent...I think I deserve a little more...I get some nice perks though. If anyone needs some shirts, sweaters, hoodies, hats, visors...prettey much any clothing hit me up!! I've done a bunch of stuff for people on this board. I'm such a whore for free advertising :D
  10. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:
    I thought you made more Jason, since your car is so fuckin nice, especially the paint *drool*. Starting Satuday Ill be at $11.00 and I get another 50 cents after 3 months :rule: My hours are horribly unstable though. One week I could work 20 hours max and the next Ill work 50+ hours, its very annoying.
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    hell no

saving is key

20 bucks here and there adds up over time
  12. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    How many of you are of college age and going to college?

I finally got back into what I went to school for.....I was freelancing for Team Broadcasting with no benefits (which is basically self employed, with no taxes being deducted) , which was contracted out to the Alhurra Network....then I was hired on full time by MBN (Middle East Broadcasting Network, which is the main company that runs the network and Radio Sawa) with full benefits, 37 days off per year, and my pay almost doubled to $49 an hour, with at least 10 hours overtime per week at doubletime. This job kinda landed in my lap, and it was a no brainer taking it. 120 mile roundtrip commute per day sucks sometimes, especially when traffic is really really heavy, but its worth it. And I love the job and my coworkers, so that makes it easier.

I also do some freelance work with CNN and APTN when needed, but thats only once or twice a month if needed.
  13. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:

me

:)
  14. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    :superconf
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    $49 an hour, wow

<---college age and in college

i feel i can do something better than retail, i cant stand that shit. tired of busting my ass for barely $7

just got turned down by another job :(
  16. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    Keep at it - you'll find a decent paying job.

Retail sucks - I've worked it for almost 10 years (but it helped pay for books and some tuition). Try commissioned based retail - base salary is around $2 to $3 an hour. All the extra comes from all the extra stuff you can load onto the sale.

Hourly pay would be nice. I'm salary myself - work 60 hour weeks or more, only get paid for 40 :( .
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    ugh, i get sick just thinking about wal-mart, not to mention that stupid ass vest

i feel like an organ-grinder from the 1930's

[IMG]

all i need is a monkey
  18. Offline

fastrolla96 speedbumps..yum

Message Count:
    LOL I didn't have to wear those stupid orange vest because when I started working there they didn't have any available for me and when they did I quit for the job I have now.
  19. Offline

CPat New Member

Message Count:
    I work as a training admin for Fairfield Resort's corporate office. I help train the new people in sales and handle a lot of various other duties. I absolutely love it...I'm there like 60 hours a week and don't even realize it!
    I also work at Michael's Arts and Crafts as a picture framer part time for the holidays.

And I'm going to school for nursing. I plan on specializing in Trauma and Emergency Room.
  20. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count:
    I work for Trademark. I am a salesperson. I am a graphic artist. I am an engraver (awards, trophies, gifts...) I am a vinyl sign writer (make banners, auto graphics, lettering, and signs) I am also an electrical repair person. I work on the building electrical system and the equipment for screenprinting. $10.25/hr. yay. :mad:
  21. Offline

rice cracker VVT-i's Cracker

Message Count:
    I just recently graduated from UC Davis and I'm looking for that first "real" job now.

I'm currently a Student Assistant for the California Department of Justice in the Sacramento Criminalistics Laboratory, and have been for the past 5 years. It sounds really cool but I'm tired of making $10/hour although I do get paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.

So, if anyone knows of a company hiring Chemists or Lab Technicians give a shout out :D
  22. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:
    I work for a security software company named BBX Technologies. On the IT side, I'm the 3rd guy down. My job title is Jr. Network Engineer, although it dosen't suit me for the multiple things I do. One of them is product Q/A. I'm like a Network Engineer/Computer Analyst/Data Communications Analyst all mixed in one. I love my job, and I love our software. Never have to worry about a virus...period!
  23. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Use protection, always...ya never know! lol
  24. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Some of you guys have interesting jobs, why not me :( meh...
  25. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    Ah, yes another wal-mart slave....I too work at wal-mart but i dunno how you're making $217 as a full time associate every two weeks. Time for you to call up the home office or something, lol. I work full time and my paychecks are $600 every two weeks (but then again I make around $11 an hour...pretty good for almost four years eh?). On top of that, i have over 110 unused sick hours, 40 hours of vacation hours left (im on vacation now otherwise i would have 80, hehe), and 25 personal hours. Oh yea, to add more insult to your injury, our store has had the largest bonus in the region (two years ago, it was $1140 i think, and last year it was $1480).....probably why we got store of the year (out of all the other neighborhood markets in the nation) twice in a row
  26. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

Like it was fort Knox...lol.
  27. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

He must be at minimum wage to be making that little
  28. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    yea, definately...but if it were me, i wouldnt work full time if i were makin minimum wage....unless i had to of course...
  29. Offline

tunerperformance New Member

Message Count:
    i work for a freind of mine who owns a cellphone store i make 500 a week after taxes but im in the process of looking for another job my buddy is dicking around with my hours saying that his dad and there acct said they had to cut me to part time so f that im either going to go and work for firestone as a mts doing sales which im really good at or going to deliver produc in the mornings from 3 a.m till 12. for like 550 a week salary until i get my class c cdl lic then i get paid more. But hell yeah working for wally world sucks *** i worked thwere for like 2 yrs and made like 8.25 when i left unless you suck someone off you get no where in that place beleave it thats why i quit
  30. Offline

KonigRolla New Member

Message Count:
    Meat Market Manager at Food Lion .. cutting meat ..lol...been there for about 3 years and i cant complain in the money dept.. just recently got a raise .. cleared $964 for 2 weeks with less then 80 hours so im happy where im at ..and im pretty much my own boss .. considering knowone else that works there knows anything about meat .. so i can make up all kind of bs and theyd never know the difference .. just nod there head and say keep it up ..lol