1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine VVTi and dual VVTi

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by tf106b, May 2, 2006.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    awwww the Auris looks sexy... I would trade in my current corolla for one in a heartbeat.
  2. Offline

Rolla07S Guest

Message Count:
    07 with vvti dual

I read in some forum that the 07 has that dual vvti ,and i think the new lexus IS350 some kind of new improvement...by toyo
  3. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    i've been reading on some forums that dual vvti really doesnt have much of an effect on smaller engines like the 2zr but once you get into the v6 models and higher, dual vvti is better. That I can somewhat understand from personally test driving same cars, one with vvti and one with dual vvti. But the thing that I couldnt tell is whether the difference i was feeling on teh 2zr was in fact the dual vvti or maybe it was the SCVT-i .

So now anyone who keeps up with cars is probably saying by now, "dude, that engine isnt even out yet in the US" which is true. But long story short, a lady that i know, her son works at Toyota R&D center and he was test driving the new corolla in the US. It was in long beach. I was visiting super autobacs store at the time and i saw him there and so he showed me the car. hehe. because of him, i got to test drive the camry before it came out here a year ago too.

So I popped the question: will Toyota come out with the Auris here in the states? he said probably not. But if they do, it will probably be rebadged as a hatch corolla. but 80% chance it will not come here. I was sad.
  4. Offline

JSPITZ New Member

Message Count:
    all engines have dual overhead cams dohc that is not dual vvti
  5. Offline

pras211 Guest

Message Count:
    will removing the rpm limiter in the 1zzfe help??? coz i always thought that peak power was at 6000 rpm