1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

vortex sighting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MovieSTAR, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Offline

bennyboi9 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    looks like my mates r34 xD haha if it was a bit more square at the front, and didnt have that sunroof. he should paint teh front bumper same as rest of the car. im not feelin the black.
  2. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Whole car needs paint. But he still has some body work to do before painting.

It's tuned to a point. Which is why he hasn't exploded like all the other turbo rollas to float thru here. lol.
  3. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    werd. in any car, a good tune is priceless both for making power and having a good engine life.
  4. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    what standalone unit is he using?
  5. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Greddy emanage.
  6. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    good grief... turn your head and people start talkin about you...

to be honest, i have no idea what i'm putting down right now... it's turned back on the boost because i blew my clutch and a motor when I was unemployed a couple years ago and i've been too lazy to put it all back together. I'm only running at about 10psi right now which I would say throws me into the neighborhood of 250? *MAYBE*

last run with eveyrthing working well was about 330 to the wheels @ 16 psi - we mapped it out and figured i'm averaging about 12hp per psi. It's a little more complicated than that (as anyone who's tuned a car knows) but that's the best ballpark avg.

as for the hood scoop... lol... necessity was the mother of that thing... i went for as low profile as possible but NEEDED something to keep some cooler air thrown down the back of the engine compartment because heat was an issue. The car ran, it ran well, but it ran better with the cooler air thrown down the back. Also, I no longer have to worry about opening the hood to be blasted with what I can only describe as Arizona in August.

Management is done with the eManage. Wish I was running something like AEM, but alas, I'm too cheap. Running 17" Enkei's with 205/40 Cooper Zeons.