1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

V6 swaps becoming popular???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gerson, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    so what v6 engine is good thats is toyota motor fwd,all i can think of is camry/solara(200hp) and whats the advantage of this v6 motor compare to a boosted 1zz or n/a 2zz its very minimum in performance considering spend more money just in custom motor/tranny mounts,axles,header and etc just to make it run.its cool have a v6 motor in a corolla but performance wise i'll go boosted 1zz or 2zz n/a and spend less money.
  2. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    Well, the OP wanted to start with an AE101, so either drop a 4agze or blacktop and mod it. 1zz/2zz wouldnt be a choice for him.
  3. Offline

Gerson Back with another AE101

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    92 Lexus ES300; 95 AE101 Corolla
    The 1mz-fe from camry or solara will do good on a corolla with a e153 5 speed tranny. V6 engines provides good amounts of torque and quicker acceleration. If ur lucky u can add a TRD s/c if anyone can find one used...Money is a factor but if u can fabricate and do most of the labor, u can save some money.
  4. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Buy the Hyundai Accent for sale on here in that FS thread and sleeper that. Leave the peeling paint for more effect.
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lol, I'm alright. Not a bad lil' car but i want another corolla. GL on the seller of the Accent. Best gas saving car out there for that Hyundai and its a steal 4 that price.
  6. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    I was actually thinking of keeping it, but I don't think I have room. It sucks to get rid of a good car for so cheap. If she doesn't sell it soon, I might just keep it. :D
  7. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    it was an aygo..not a yaris ;)
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Update 08/26/09

I found a craigslist posting in my area, this guy is selling a 1mz-fe v6 and auto trans with 228k for $100. Dont need auto trans since I could get a manual tranny for it if I buy it. Claims that engine has a knock (maybe rod knock but these engines can sludge too).

I also spotted my old corolla on the road and believe to be working on a wendy's restaurant about 13 miles northeast from my home. I need to take pics of it as well but i wish i got plenty of money so I can buy it back :(.

Here is the link. Let me know what u think + I'm a Toyota technician, could save plenty of money by doing my own labor...

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/1334217702.html
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    the motor looks descent besides being dirty,good luck on built and do a write up if you do come through with this project.
  10. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    this gets my attention because ive been doing some measuring for a oldsmobile aurora northstar 4.6 :) theres a guy with an aw11 that did it a while back. my mother has an aurora autobahn edition , and for a 5600 lbs. car its very quick , i imagine it in a car 3500 lbs. lighter , and you have a land rocket. throw in the cadillac s/c and you get over 420 hp. ive been thinking about this for some time . . . . pop the hood of an ae101 sedan and see a cadillac northstar sleeping under there? seeming as its available in ff and fr applications , with a torch, welder , cutting wheel , and axle shop , seems very do'able.

ive also been thinking about a fr ae101 sedan. everything is pretty much there for it. you swap sides with the spindles and it puts the tie rod link in front. move the rack and pinion to the front around the radiator core support , and you now have room to horizonally oppose a 4a engine. snag a gts rear end and axles , fab up your own 4-link , shock , and spring perches and the rearend is in there. relocate fuel tank in exchange for a fuel cell , either in the spare well , or in the rear passenger compartment , move exhaust to one sode or the other the way and 86 is , then you have a dog house and tunnel willingly able to accept a w-58 and a drive shaft.

these are the 2 ideas ive been kicking around lately. how bad ass would it be to see a 7th gen drifting?
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    this what you call bad ass