1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

TV Audio Issue?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hummer, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    TV Audio Issue?

I just got a 37" Vizio LCD TV a couple weeks ago and iv noticed that when watching netflix the sound is loud then randomly gets extremely quiet to the point where I have to keep adjusting the volume to hear whats going on, really annoying. What gives? Hardware or settings issue?
  2. Offline

Edwin562 SWAG MASTER

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    98 180sx
    sounds like hardware.... maybe cuz u set it loud that the built in amp to power the speakers, overheats, so to prevent overheating, amp cools off my lowering the volume automatically.. once it reaches operating temp, it will re-adjust to the volume settings u had.
  3. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Could also be a netflix issue with poor audio. I find discs that do that all the time. The audio track goes up and down like a cheap hooker. If you have TruVolume on the tv make sure it's turned on. It tends to auto adjust incoming volume signals to even it out.
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    its cuz its a vizio.

I kid I kid....kinda.
  5. Offline

kenAJUSA Member

Message Count:
    EEhhhh... I believe what you're experiencing is the "dynamic range" of a movie which was created by the studios to fully immersed you where a whisper will truly be a whisper but an explosion will be loud. *I use to sell high end A/V stuff... but I believe this is what you're experiencing, unless you do have hardware issues.