1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Turbo is on and car is running...kinda

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by crovax, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    I witnessed the tach video, nice job crovax.
  2. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    thanks, if anyone wants the speedometer video, hit me up on the AIM or email and i'll get it out to you.
  3. Offline

CorollaX Guest

Message Count:
    any updates on ur turbo man??
  4. Offline

ph0bi4 Guest

Message Count:
    i'd like to see the vid. i tried iming you, but cant get ahold of you. my email is uni182@hotmail.com
  5. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I'm hosting it on AIM. add corollasbest to your buddy list and hit get file. crovaxTurboLarge.mpg has the speedometer part and the Air fuel meter part.
  6. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    yeah, i'm still waiting on the injectors from the celica GT-S to arrive, then i'm gonna turn the boost up a hair. Soon after that, i'm gonna buy the greddy e-manage, and that should allow me to turn the boost up a bit more (maybe 8 psi). As for now, i raced a few things...

I lost to my first honda a few days ago.... it was an integra type R. True type R. Those things are fast.. if i had a manual, i would've taken him though.

I also raced a lamborgini diablo.... that was a silly race... but was fun. He OWNED me. but hey, what did you expect? :)
  7. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Oh man, you lost to a Honda and Acura? I haven't lost to one yet and hope I never will. The Integras that I raced with are Type R's but I manage to handle them pretty easily. Either that or they didn't know how to race. Although one of the turbo charged Acura RSX Type S almost had me ( I could hear his turbo spooling). Of course, I had the quick start but I saw him come up pretty quick. I was surprised at that and gunned it at the end. Good thing I had a big lead because we were going pretty much the same speed the rest of the way. Man it was nice and I won by like half a car length.
  8. Offline

vanion2 Guest

Message Count:
    Turbos usually own S/C, but NOT if you don't get your setup tuned. Soooo many turbo owners think that once the install is done they are good to go. Then they blow their cars up and don't know why. Thus my greater attraction to the TRD S/C. Once installed, it is good to go (with the colder plugs). And all that lovely low end torque....Yummm.

But you got to respect the turbo when the owner knows what they are doing. :D
  9. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    yeah, i just like the BOV sound :) I dunno, i didnt see the S/C as worth the money...too much money for too little hp. As for the integra type R, a manual i would've had him no prolbem, he also got a jump on me because we started out at 70 mph, and he punched it first by a good 2 seconds or so. As for the turboed RSX...i dont think i believe that...there's no way you could beat a turboed RSX type S, unless he wasnt racing or he blew something up
  10. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    lol soooo much fighting over race stories. Haha o well ull have that. for the record, a turbo rsx should own a rolla.
  11. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, but not in this case. He came up to me pretty close though, but at the end the Corolla came out on top. Made that idiot think twice about the Corollas. If you know someone that has a supercharged Corolla, take it for a spin. You;ll see what I mean by how fast it is. According to the specs, the horsepower gain on the s/c seems small. When you drive it, it seems like a lot more. I wouldn't under estimate the s/c. I just beat a turbo charged RSX, and that impresses me. I have a smile on my face everytime I mention that. Stupid slow car....pshhhhhhhh.
  12. Offline

[TRD]Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    u sure that RSX type S was even racing? and its TURBO..i mean dude the RSX Type S is pretty fast itself...maybe he was a bad driver or something..cuz my friend got a HONDATA ECU with some other basic mods suppose to run flat 14s or lower
  13. Offline

outersquare Guest

Message Count:
    do you have an auto or stick?
  14. Offline

vanion2 Guest

Message Count:
    He has a 5 speed. RSX type S runs high 14's stock. And if I am not mistaken, we are not supposed to be posting race stories on this forum.

topic 3
    Rule #12.
  15. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Maybe the guy screwed up on his shifting, I don't know. I do know is that I outraced him. :D
  16. Offline

[TRD]Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    hehe ..glad that you're liking your supercharger..but lets get back on topic..away from teh race stories....this thread is about Crovaxs turbo
  17. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    ohh yeah, a little update

I STILL havent gotton those injectors from MWR.... once i get those, i'll let ya know how it goes.. I'm leaning out a whole lot at WOT, so i'm not making nearly the HP i should be...the injectors that are in there now, left alone to be controlled by the computer...i'd estimate i make maybe 170 to the wheels, and thats the max those injectors can handle..so hopefully i'll gain a ton of power from these new ones...assuming the ECU knows what to do with them :)
  18. Offline

Benscor Guest

Message Count:

RSX Type-s about 200 hp (stock) +turbo=DAMN!
    COROLLA S 130 hp(stock) + TRD s\c=170hp

Listen the only you wouldn't have gotten OWNED is if its a normal rsx, with type-s stickers and his CAI you heard spooling and if it were auto.
  19. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    Yah it had to have been a regular RSX which make like 140hp? or so..
  20. Offline

vanion2 Guest

Message Count:
    Uh...be careful man. Leaning out is could lead to some detonation problems. I would take it easy until you get those injectors so you can enjoy your ride for miles to come. Resist the pull of the darkside. ;)
  21. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    well.... the detionation isnt bad at all...actually, hasnt happened yet, probably because of the 93 octane gas we have here and the low boost levels, but its not really that much faster at WOT than at 1/2 throttle, and you can tell the car should be going much faster than it actually is. THe only thing i worry about is melting something....lean = heat. So yeah... btw, theres no way in hell you can beat a turboed RSX. sorry, just cant happen unless he isnt racing or he blew up. I mean, i hate to be stickin up for honda like that, but man, the K20 motor is fucking badass.
  22. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I don't know what the RSX guy was doing, but he was pretty aggressive of coming at me. Maybe he let me win, I don't know. I was going pretty fast though, and I did take off much faster than him. The stupid RSX still couldn't catch up to me. I was too fast and too furious for the idiot. Did anyone actually go up against a turbo RSX besides me? Give it a try when the opportunity comes up and see what I mean. They are too slow, for my taste.
  23. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    ohh believe me, i'll try if i ever find one, but i know i cant beat an integra type R...so i'm doubting a turboed K20 RSX, although i did beat a mazdaspeed protoge today, and i beat him pretty solidly... good thing there were no curves...otherwise, he would've owned me...those things can handle like they're on rails!
  24. Offline

vanion2 Guest

Message Count:
    Oh no you didn't go there! ROFLMAOOOOOOOO
    You just shot down all credibility with me on that one. :lol:
  25. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    YA this is y race stories are bad. lets move on guys, so i heard crovaz has a turbo? lol
  26. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    hehe yes yes....waiting on injectors...pissing me off...grrr!
    I dunno where youd hear such a rumor rexplegi :) I dont know what ur talking about officer...this is SMOG legal :) *as smoke billows outta my tailpipe*
  27. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    haha, alot of my friends are running without cats now, that could be funny to see with one gets pulled over. The supra up to 400 hp allegedly, sporting a bov loud as hell and no cat, thats got to attract attention.
  28. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    Well, another thing happened reciently. The bolts that hold the downpipe onto the end of the turbo housing...one of them fell off, so now i have a nice exhaust leak at the turbo...which makes the car loud as hell...although didnt seem to affect my HP at all. only thing is letting all that exhaust vent right into the engine copmpartment cant be good for the engine.... espically since i'm leaking oil,. Ahh well, i'm having everything looked at tomorrow, probably get it fixed then...but for now, i sound like an SRT-4 :)
  29. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    yep, i got the exhaust leak fixed...then the downpipe split in half because of the engine torquing when i hit it... not good... i need to get a small piece of flexpipe to put in the exhaust and gett he dowpipe reqelded...its loud as hell.