1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Turbo is on and car is running...kinda

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by crovax, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    youll get the pics later today...i need to pick them up and scan them...
  2. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Ok HERE COME THE PICS O YA.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    Third pic down looks upside-down.

I'm trying to figure out where everything is by following the tubing. I guess the turbine is in back next to the exhaust. Have you got it going to an intercooler in front somewhere?

Also, how hard was it to figure out where to put everything? We have more room under our hoods than some cars, but it can get pretty cramped in there.

The blue tubing was a nice choice. Looks great.
  4. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    did i miss something? how come you had to pull the head?
  5. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    I think he put in lower compression pistons. I think you have to since 10:1 is pretty tight for a turbo.
  6. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Ya well im just hosting. I tried to flip it, but my free imaging software was taking the day off.
  7. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    Hahaha... Yeah sometimes you gotta give some programs time off because they're having a bad day. :wink:
  8. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    sorry for the crappy pictures guys..i'll post some better pictures here soon. starting at the top and working my way down

1: I was trying to get the intercooler in that shot...but the camera sucks, so thats my car and thats the guy that did all the work on it...hes the man
    2: The greddy BOV, all the pipes and what not. There is an intercooler in the front there, and the turbo is obviously behind the engine
    3: There's an upsidedown picutre of the turbo...
    4: Thats the head, see how on those 2 pistons the metal between the valves is shiny and its not on those other two? Thats because we had to file that down due to a piece of metal getting in those 2 cyl and scratching everything up.
    5: The car with the turbo going on
    6: The engine without the head on it...scary huh? you can see where we grinded on the poston as well.

I'll take some better pics soon.
  9. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    ok so you had to pull the head to get out a piece of stray metal from the install? i think i do remember that from somewhere.

did you also change the pistons?
  10. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    naaa, i have some money obviously...but i didnt have the money for that at the time..otherwise i would've definitly :(
  11. Offline

Sasuke Guest

Message Count:
    damn u rich ahaha nice car keep up good work hope u hit a 13 r even 12 or possible if want go for a 10 but nice ride tho
  12. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Thats going to take some work. Alot of work.
  13. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    yeah...i'm not exactly sure i'll ever hit 12's...need a much bigger turbo than that...once the block is sleeved...forged pistons, stregnthened tranny, new axels, slicks, ported and polished head, oversized valves, and a stand alone computer with 550cc/min injectors and maybe some 320cc/min secondarys...than maybe, but thats a whole lota money, and thats a few years off for me at least...one day though, i'll be there :) As for now, i just bought some celica GT-S fuel injectors (320cc/min) and i'm getting my oil leak fixed, so thats good :)
  14. Offline

Drakon Guest

Message Count:
    Dude the pics look great. Very impressive, nice job and hope you have good luck with everything. I'm jealous :cry: and green with envy. But don't worry I wish the best for you and your car. Hope to see better pics though
  15. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    I wouldnt be too jelous...my car leaks oil like a bitch...i think i have to send the turbo in to get rebuilt....because the guy that sent it to me sent it to me with a leak in it... damn i'm gonna sue him. I'm getting new fuel injectors soon, so once those go on, and i fix the oil leak, then i'll take it out to the track and we'll see how it goes.
  16. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    crovax ur really having some bad luck.
  17. Offline

native rolla Guest

Message Count:
    he might be having bad luck but i bet he doesnt really care once the pedal is on the floor :lol:
    go kill some hondas while the car still runs 8)
    are you planning to get a body kit for the rolla crovax?
    i noticed a lot of scrapes on the front end. our paint really sux :x
  18. Offline

Sasuke Guest

Message Count:
    i second that
  19. Offline

Drakon Guest

Message Count:
    still corvax you are closer than most of us to have alot of power to beat many fancy cars that think their all that. As for the leaks go ... consider it as a test to see how much do u really want the turbo. If you stick with it it will pay off. Good Luck and God speed....jejeje.....
    hope you get ur stuff fixed and wish u the best
  20. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    well, ALL of my prolbems stem from the "kit" i bought. The piece of metal in the engine, the collant leak, the oil leak... ALL from that that kit. It really pisses me off that i have to go through all this trouble to get what i want, plus spend ALL this money on it. I only planned on spending 3K and I'm at around $3800 now, and its pissing me off.

My car ghas 63k miles on it, so all those scratches are due to that, i'll get it repainted soon...again. I'm on my third front end already (people keep hitting me) so i dont think groubd effects would last long. Besides, as it stands now, my car looks completely stock, except fo the rims.
  21. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    I have a speedo video and some pics of the interior of my car if anyone wants to host them for me.
  22. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Too much demand, somebody host the big version Pleaze
  23. Offline

KingKuei Guest

Message Count:
    I've got plenty of additional bandwith on my kueitech.com server. I can host it for you.
  24. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Hop on AIM and I'll try to give you a copy. I added audio to the original.
  25. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Im getting page unavailable. Ill try again later id really like to see some video.
  26. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    there is a much better version if somebody could host it. I have it on AIM
  27. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    yeah i have all sorts of pictures and videos i wanna post...if you want them, just email or AIM me and i'll send them to you.
  28. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Pictures!

These are of crovax car:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    We still need hosting for the videos. If the images are red x's then wait an hour.
    103.1 is my favorite channel too! Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the country.
  29. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    The interior looks great man. I like those CF dash peices too. And that A pillar gauge pod and gauges look GREAT!

But where did you get those carbon fiber dash peices? Because i really like it now that ive seen it.
  30. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    ebay :)

ohh yeah BTW, i need to sell that S-AFC, so if anyone wants it, reply here or AIM/email me. I want $150 for it, it works and everything...probably would be useful to one of you supercharged boys.