1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

"TRD" Racing seats

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Killercocopuff, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    <br />
    word to the wise: when someone's picking lightly, you might not want to waste getting angry.<br />
    <br />
    i call everyone on here kiddo at some point. deal with it or ignore it...i'll not be changing that for you, methinks.<br />
    <br />
    i'm not trying to make an ass out of you, either. just making a point: you made a general statement, just like i did. general statements are nothing more than a way to piss people off. if anything, my point has SORTOF been made...to the rest of the folks on here. you, apparently, didn't get it.<br />
    <br />
    realize that i used you as an example, get your head out of your ass, and have a nice day.<br />
    <br />
    thankyoudrivethru.
  2. Offline

Message Count:

i can't stand the STOCK brackets in the 03+. i'm 5'4" and feel like i'm going to hit my head.
  3. Offline

Gerson Back with another AE101

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    92 Lexus ES300; 95 AE101 Corolla
    ain't those the fakie trd seats? Sparcos, brides, recaros, and TRD are nice lookin, and number 1 seat bases or corbeau sells them for 93-97.
  4. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    i am 5'9" and my head touches the ceiling. I am using the WEDGE brackets with Corbeau TRS seats.

The brackets are overbuilt pretty crazy. I think it weighed close to 15lbs just for the bracket alone. I had my fabricator cut and weld to lower the seat by about two inches. Ate through multiple cutting blades, not recommended unless you have a plasma cutter.
  5. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yea wedge brackets are made with high gauge steel.. i had to modifify them (corbeau brackets for other brand seats) and it ate thru two packs of fiberglass reinforced cutting blades. I say it's worth it not crashing thru your window while still snug in your seat during a collision.

The brackets for 93-97 arnt that bad, I say they sit at about the same height as stock, i'm 5'7 and i still have a few inches after i put my helmet on
  6. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    hey wing, am i taller than you? lol
  7. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    I just put my seats in tonight. I'm really liking them, they're about 10x more comfortable then the APC racing seats I had in. Right now I'm just trying to come up with a way to mount my seat belts. If I get time I might put some pictures of them up on my cardomain page this weekend.
  8. Offline

Killercocopuff New Member

Message Count:
    sweet yea pics would be great thanxs 93corolladx
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    that's actually pretty cool...good pic:)
  10. Offline

Killercocopuff New Member

Message Count:
    wow those look great! how do they feel?
  11. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    nice - thanks for the pics :)
  12. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    Alright heres pictures as I promised, sorry they're such low quality but I don't have my high res camera with me right now.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    You can kind of see how I mounted them in this picture. Just cut the stock brackets off the seats, put two cross bars and put the seats ontop of that.
    [IMG]
  13. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    By the way they're not really as shiny as they look, I think its just the flash and the crappy camera.
  14. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    is it just me or do the seat say AC schnitzer? Thats a strictly BMW performance parts company. But they way u got them mounted is pretty ingeneous.
  15. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    I like the way they feel, much better than APC racing seats and much better than stock seats. They do kind of remind me of the 00+ celica seats as far as comfort. As far as dimensions of the seat they fit just about perfectly into a 93-97.

Yeah they say ac schnitzer, which I realize is a BMW parts company. When I saw these on ebay they were the only logo that I saw and I liked the seats. All the logos on these seats are just knock offs anyway. I was actually thinking about putting something over it, like a trd patch or something... I dunno what do you guys think? I don't think its something many people notice anyway but I can see why people would think its ricey.