1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Toyota Factory alarm and Remote Start

Discussion in 'Interior' started by |-Goku-|, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    Toyota Factory alarm and Remote Start

I only have Keyless entry on my 09 Corolla, so I wanted to get the VIP RS3200 Plus from Toyota, cause I just don't want to take it to Best buy or Circuit city and purchase one and have them cutting into wires and drilling holes. And I also wanted to have the Toyota Remote start for my car so that it could be intergrated with all my buttons on one key. Well today the dealership told me that they could install the Alarm, but not the remote start cause my car was Manufactured at the NUMMI Plant, and not in Japan, and that the cars are Manufactured Differently at the plants, and that you have to have a Japan Manufactured car to add the Remote Start. Does anyone know why? And what Kind of alarm should I get and where should I go to get one installed, I have a Trunk button on my Key and I would like to keep that, but I heard someone say that you can't with an After market alarm due to its only able to be used with the Toyota Chip.

|-Goku-|
  2. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I'm pretty sure all corollas sold in the US are nummi built since 1996 so that dosent make sense to me. I'm not sure if toyota installed immobilizers on the 08 corolla but if they did that would definately be one of the obsticles the installer needs to overcome when adding a remote start. Remote/electronic trunk release is just a solenoid, there is no special "chip."
  3. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    ya theres an immobilizer bypass part that I would have to pay an extra like 75 dollars for
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    In that case you'd need to go to a professional alarm installer because most chain electronic stores wouldnt know how to bypass it for the remote start.
  5. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    I believe all 05+ corollas have immobilizers.
  6. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    just spoke with the dealership again and they told me that you can Install it on nummi manufactured cars so he quoted me 950 installed for the alarm and remote start. But is that worth it if I can get a viper 5701 installed for 750 which includes comfort monitor and remote start along with farther range?
  7. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    what a joke. you can buy the viper alarm and install it yourself for less than 500. there may be wire routing differences between japan, canada and nummi built rollas but there is always an alternative way to wire something.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    LOL I never charged that much to do a alarm system before. The clifford matrix 50.5x (top of the line paging w/ remote start) is about 200 at dealer price. And the remote start bypass unit cost about 50. I hate messing with bypass tho (dosent work half the time depending on module/car), I'd probably charge about 450 installed.