1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Toyota blends social media and trail search tool in 4Runner marketing blitz

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by Autoblog, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Offline

Autoblog Guest

Message Count:
    Toyota blends social media and trail search tool in 4Runner marketing blitz

Filed under: SUV, Marketing/Advertising, Toyota, Off-Road

[IMG]

Said the executive creative director of the 2010 Toyota 4Runner media campaign: "This is the last authentic SUV. All the rest have gone suburbia." By "authentic" he means dirt, surf, wilds, and maybe bears, and to show you how to get there, Toyota has rolled out the Toyota Trail Tracker.

A social media tool and soon-to-be mobile app, the trail tracker allows you to find and upload info on trails across the United States. And it isn't just for wild, rocky hellholes either (that's the 4Runner on the Rubicon Trail above) -- you can upload and find scenic drives and fire roads that lead to great surfing spots.

If you want the world to know what you did when you got there -- or how you manged to get out -- you can post photos and video to the site, as well as upload GPS data. The Trail tracker website is live now, with about 29 trails nationwide at the time of this writing. It's intriguing that one of the vehicles that led SUVs out of the wilds and into suburbia is now playing the Pied Piper to lure folks back into the woods. At least now maybe we'll get to see what it's really got.

Gallery: 2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

[Source: Marketing Daily]Toyota blends social media and trail search tool in 4Runner marketing blitz originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:06:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
  2. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    That rock on the side looks like it's about to take a big bite out of the rear passenger side door.
  3. Offline

zjoanyg 00 Rolla

Message Count:
    am i the only one wondering why there's black tape around the fenders and lights??? yeah, yeah i know it's off-roading but still....
  4. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    looks like a test model to me...
  5. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Yup. Test model.
  6. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    i test drove the new trail 4runner and it was by far one of the best models released. i like the features it has over the FJ. the downfall is the long wheel base and size of the 4runner.