1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Tough love....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Photography' started by fastrolla96, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Thats so ass backwards.....some of you need to get your priorities straight. And then people wonder why insurance rates are so high.
  2. Offline

Shifty SIdeways Noob

Message Count:
    Full coverage> mods
  3. Offline

ToyRolla New Member

Message Count:
    yes daddy.

Also.. Their have been cases where coverage was denied because of aftermarket equipment. Some companies charge more to cover those items. My agent told me that Allstate would only pay for OE/OEM replacement.
  4. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    Yea my insurance will only cover OEM parts and they charge me a extra 200 on my insurance for having a modded car.
  5. Offline

sonsofwisdom I can fix it

Message Count:
    Thanks for your opinion...it's nothing more than that btw...so you need to chill on that...

And as posted...full coverage is a waste...as it won't cover many mods anyway...if my car was a classic maybe it would all be covered.

Why would I full coverage my stock 240 any way...even if ins would cover it all? It's an 89...I won't full coverage it until the body kit because until then, it won't get driven, so shut up about my car all right
  6. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Right, but if you were to wreck your car right now with limited coverage, NOTHING would be covered. At least if you have full coverage, youll be recouped with OEM parts.

No need to make excuses......ya cant sit here and say, "Money was tight, cant pay for full coverage", and then in the next sentence talk about how youre going to get new rims, new tires, body kit, etc. Its immature.

Yes, it is my opinion. So I dont need to chill on anything bucko.

HOW is it a waste?? It will replace your aftermarket parts with OEM parts, instead of not replacing anything.
  7. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I've never had a problem with full coverage on my car with modifications. In fact my insurance company has always had ZERO problems in replacing parts that were aftermarket that were damaged in a collision as they were most of the time just about the same price as the OE stuff when compared to what it costs doing the purchase through the bodyshop. Everyone else around here has had similar experiences with it. I guess its different in different places. So smile have a coke and everyone pull your heads out of your asses and stop arguing.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    What these guys have said is that Ins. is not going to cover parts that have been replaced...so if you have upgraded your brakes...they will not give you oem brakes...they will give you nothing...they will replace existing oem parts with oem parts...cause they are ass whores.

So your ins may cover, like vortexs, while rolla's might not

So I mean I see what you're saying, about mods vs ins...sure if full coverage would replace mods with oem then that's better than nothing, even better if they replace the mods with equal value parts...but a few of the guys are saying that's not how their ins. works.
  9. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    The bottom line is, when you're a male under 25, insurance is expensive as hell. Sometimes it may be more than your car payment. When you're in college or have limited funds for reasons otherwise, you have to do what you have to do. Most people would rather take the chance with liability and still be able to mod their car vs. pay for full coverage on a boring ass non-modded vehicle.

This isn't fastrolla96's fault though... it's the fault of whoever hit him and didn't leave a note. Let's not lose sight of that.
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Very few insurance companies are like that. And you need to stop telling me to chill "bro". The truth hurts sometimes, and Im not gonna sugar coat things, so you can either learn how to deal with it, or ignore it. Its the way Ive always been, and people have gotten used to it....maybe you havent noticed that. I know what forum etiquette is, so you can lay off the lecture.

And yes, I can call ya a noob. Deal with it bro.....
    BTW, what do you drive? How about an introduction to both boards......maybe some pics of your car, or something that shows that you arent such a "noob"
  11. Offline

Fgca_rolla milky cocopuffs

Message Count:
    If you are seriously worried about the full coverage issue than don't do it. I mean its your decision and when some ass rear ends you at a light and demolishes your car (oem and aftermarket) just remember your decision. Not all insurance companies will dick you over like that. If you do a little research you will find out which ones are chill with after market parts and such, you don't have to jump on the Geico bandwagon because a stupid ass lizard told you to.
  12. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    cleaned up thread to remove personal attacks. Don't make me have to close it.
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    I think a good idea would be for us all to maybe call our ins providers and just ask...and then post it up.

Course info like city and state you are in, vehicle make/model, and ins provider would be crucial...let's make new thread for that...it'd be interesting to find out which ins providers if any don't cover that stuff and which seem to give modders the best deal...how bout it? If I remember I'll call mine tomorrow and find out (I have state farm)...if no one else has then I'll start the thread...I'm really interested in what my ins comp will/won't do now.

CorollasBest, Sorry bro, I'll try to do a better job of...limiting my bluntness...and work a little more on tact I guess.

PS E...I did intro myself...my cars are in the member info page...I was invited to this site...and I will not "prove" anything nor do I need to...that's just how I am. I guess you and I will just keep butting heads from time to time...but that's cool man, I can dig it...makes life much more interesting :D

BUT BACK ON TOPIC...
    Any closer to repairs on your corolla fastrolla96? Hope so man, good luck