1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Top Horsepower

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by RexPelagi, May 15, 2004.

1. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    fuck off
  2. Offline

imported_m120004 Guest

Message Count:
    my mods for real

the highflow is true i added a trd drop in filter i adjusted the throttle cable relocated the intake to the air dam and i added a highflow header and a borla catback its very good
    and im planning on adding a TRD supercharger next week to give it 230 hp and im so sure its 190.874 horsepower@7500rpm and has 140 lb ft of torque and got these 2 also put some Bosch 4 tip sparkplugs and match it with the greddy piggyback,ignition amplifier and i dunno if this works i added something called tornado i got it from ebay for 80 bucks they said it will give you an extra 20 hp but i think its crap because there is no difference when i intalled it then reset the battery.
  3. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    you're a fucking liar...........and a waste of life.

red line is 6500 rpms......replacing your spark plugs was dumb....... you actually spent money on the tornado, and actually thought it would do something.......Supercharger will not give you 230hp........you're 14 and i doubt mommy and daddy even let you touch their car.....Do us a favor, look out your window, chances are there's a tree outside.......go hang yourself from it.
  4. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    LOL
  5. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    you got that much hp without forced induction? get it dynoed and show us the results.
  6. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Re: my mods for real

What a good waste of webspace right there :?

Crap, all crap. I have most of the real mods that he listed and I may have 160HP out of the block, maybe. Hey kid, go talk smack about a car you actually own :wink:
  7. Offline

Tin_Man_0 Guest

Message Count:
    common kid... get it dynoed, post your results... scan the printout, and you'll be hailed as a rola prodigy...

othewise crawl back into your crib.
  8. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    wow higher horse power AND higher fuel mileage. nothing like challenging the laws of physics.

sorry i had to.

lets give the kid a chance. i remember when i was his age i told somone i could out thump somone with 15's in the trunk with a few 6x9's and some secret stuff. we grow out of it in time.
  9. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    yeah, not a big deal there :) Its all good, nothing to hang anyone over :)
  10. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    hey all yall forced induction guys need to go get ur cars dynoed so we have something to be jealous about
  11. Offline

DriftinRolla Guest

Message Count:
    m120004, if you payed $80 for a tornado, you got raped, they are 55 at any auto parts store... plus they are useless, when i worked at napa, they gave them to use to demo, and i gave it back. As for the other things, i'm not even going to step into it... on a lighter note I'm makking 270whp with a fram airhog filter and a tip on my factory muffler.
  12. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    if ya feel like giving me the $60 to get it dynoed...than yeah, i'm game :)
  13. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    I gave that kid my old car so he is telling the truth
  14. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    haha, now it's official............this guy is 15

fast toy.........just give it up man. You're only making your self look worthless. Come back when you have proof of all the claims you make. It's apparent you live in a fantasy world.
  15. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    I did not give him it my friend put that on there
  16. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    your friend put that up there? Good save[IMG]
  17. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    :lol: You're not making yourself sound very good there Fast Toy, I'd stop before you dig yourself an even bigger hole :wink:
  18. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    So where is everyone at now. Bzzsan you should have your header and mid pipe by now right. And water injection soon too if im not mistaking. That means you would have everything I do except for pulley and unichip. Anyone else stepping up to the plate too. I am just waiting to get my Rps clutch and wheels and I think I will be done. Oh and still debating a flywheel.
  19. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Get the flywheel, You won't regret it. Talked to a guy w/ a turbo RSX Type-S, he said it puts a noticeable amount of horsepower to the ground. One of the best things he did.
  20. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Really from most people I have talked to they said for straightline racing you just loose rpms with a lightweight flyhwheel. If I do go with it I will have to safe up a little more and either get the rps flywheel and clutch or get the clutch and fidanza flywheel so I can get them installed at the same time.
  21. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    i just got the header yesterday, and the midpipe is coming tomorrow...wont get them on untill next weekend.

but rolla dink has his stuff on, and j yota i think too.

and ya know, hoolala has had all kinds of mods all along, although he just mentioned his car breaking down in another post??!

anyway, i still can't wait.
  22. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    And who are manual and auto and know hooolala is auto but what about you guys.
  23. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    i think both of them are manual too...i know in rolla dink's sig it says twm s/s
  24. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Whoever you talked to is full of crap (no offence to any of them). A lightweight flywheel will help you car rev faster (also drop rpm's faster too which is what they are saying), so just shift faster to avoid it. I think it's one of the best things you can do to make your car feel faster :wink:
  25. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Chris I dont care if it FEELS faster lol just playin.... I just want my quarter mile time to be as low as posible. And I want the best mix for that.
  26. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    I got my header in today and honestly, I do not feel a difference.........but only timeslips will tell the truth. Although, it did seem a lil louder :)
    Who wants to challenge for the fastest NA Corolla :twisted: ???
  27. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Basically the flywheel is gonna allow you to get access to more of your engines hp and rev quicker......it will drop revs quicker, but once you get your driving up to par with it, it's going to decrease your time.

Definitely wait til you get a new clutch and clutch cover and get them all installed together, hell throw an LSD on at the same time.
  28. Offline

DriftinRolla Guest

Message Count:
    As long as weather permits, I'll be heading back to Richmond Dragway to settle a grudge between me and my friend with a 90 accord with a JDM accord si engine in it. he feels that he will "own" me, but I feel otherwise, but I will take you up on that challenge, even though the best I ran was a 16.1 last time, I feel like I can turn it a little better this time, so we'll see. My biggest problem is that, while the "high flow" cats give me a considerable amount of power gain, they hurt torque and so does the header... so while the car pulls its ass off at higher rpms, it has a bit of a stumble under 4000rpms. wish me luck
  29. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    That's the point, it will be faster. By "feel", I meant that it will rev faster which will reduce your 1/4 mile times cause you are going through the gears faster. It will help, I'd say .1-.2 off the 1/4 if you are good.
  30. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Can I take that offer in a Matrix?