1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Top Horsepower

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by RexPelagi, May 15, 2004.

1. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    I dunno, I sent out my money order on the 12th so I hope it will be here any day soon!! :D
  2. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I currently own the title right now:) Should be some guys catching back up quick though........ you know who you are.
  3. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Blk03Corolla...I have you beat....... 8) ....I cant wait til i get my header (whenever that is) so I can run my 15.6....watch out XRS owners.
  4. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Or passing by all together :twisted: I'm hoping for 250WHP on low boost and 400ish on high boost (once rolling so that the tranny doesn't throw-up on me, lol).
  5. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Actually, I am pretty damn sure that Tyler has the most HP with a S/C Rolla right now seeing as he has every mod possible plus a 9lb pulley that the rest of you don't have :wink:

No offence, just saying what I think after reading your sig, there is no way you have more power than Tyler.
  6. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I do believe I have about every bolt on part for hp the only thing I could go is engine work but dont think im ready for that step yet.
  7. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    I know, that's what's scary :lol:

*cough* LSD *cough*
  8. Offline

03charcol Guest

Message Count:
    sf turbo

i got 176 to the wheel with the sf turbo no more scanner plus it an auto as soon as i get a scanner i will post dyno sheet the only junk thing is that its at 10 psi or my boost controller says its 69 kpa
  9. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    well its good to know I am still number 1 :)
  10. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    damn ur only making 176 to the wheels at 10 psi? are you not intercooled or something? I must be making something very close to that with only 6.5 psi... or maybe i'm way off there but i've gotta be close to that judging by the cars i've raced and beaten. (i'm an auto too btw)
  11. Offline

03charcol Guest

Message Count:
    well what extra mods do you have i have everything stock except the turbo and thats it.....no injectors no exhaust..
  12. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    i remember reading somewhere that Toysport can intercool the TRD supercharger... u should look into that, and if it's true then u could make tons more hp :twisted:

i know thats the only way id go with the s/c
  13. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    It's possible, but just get the water injection cause it is probably $2000 less than making a custom air/water IC for the TRD S/C and it cools the charge enough for the S/C.

That's just my .02 though.
  14. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    yeah water injection should do the trick, anything to run higher boost

i still wouldve liked trd to make it so an intercooler were possible though, too bad they didnt go with a centrifugal s/c but oh well :roll:
  15. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    That's what I'm going to do after I build up my motor this summer and next :wink:
  16. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    dude...ur running 10psi without any kinda of fuel mods? you do realize that if you turned the boost down to 7psi you'd probably gain hp. You must be running soo damned lean...ur gonna burn that up. I Run lean at 6.5psi because i have stock injectors...i'd turn that down, you're definitly not gaining any power by having it up that high.

And btw, i have a 2.5" pipe comin fom my turbo
  17. Offline

03charcol Guest

Message Count:
    nope its running kinda rich i have the charts for that too....i think need an exhaust to free up some more horsepower and right now its running fine i have two settings 6.5 and 10 psi
  18. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    I dunno man...i guess if you have the chart, but i dont know if i'd believe that. First off, if the injectors were really that big, TRD wouldnt have included a 5th with the blower. It doesnt make any sense to put 200 hp injectors on a 130 hp car, and at 10 PSI, I'd be making somewhere in the neighborhood of 220-230 wheel hp...if you're only making 174, you're either running extremely lean, or you're not making that much boost....or you dont have an intercooler in which case you should turn the boost down anyway.
  19. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, 10lbs of boost and 174WHP is lame. Rick (raamaudio) had a turbo charged Matrix and he was running 12lbs at almost exactly 250WHP. He was at 200WHP around 7-8lbs of boost.

You are getting robbed of power somewhere, very badly.
  20. Offline

03charcol Guest

Message Count:
    crovax i wanna see ur dyno sheets
  21. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
  22. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I would like to see some accurate dynos for myself too lol
  23. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    i dont know wuts my whp.... never got it dynoed...

but at 11psi with a t3 garrett w/ super 60 trim... i can stay head of a s2000 from rolling @ 30mph ... and pull on a mustang gt rollin at 15mph... i can keep up with a wrx from 60-100, but after that... my speed limiter kicks in... and i can pull on a new manual v6 accord... from a complete stop... he chirps his tires from 1-2 and 2-3... his sounds fast... but mine is faster...

im not sure bout the other guy... but what turbo does he have... runnin at 11psi? if its a smaller turbo then its gonna make less power...
  24. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    ....really?? those are all relatively fast cars...i mean like low to mid 14 sec 1/4 cars stock except for the accord if its a sedan...but if it's a coupe is a low 6 0-60 and mid 14 1/4...if your car can do all that, thats pretty cool especially for a auto..even though you list the first three from a roll so the tranny doesnt matter that much.
  25. Offline

CorollaX Guest

Message Count:
    stock i had 130.. but with all my mods... TRD filter TRD exhaust 19" rims.. i think i have 110 HP now.. hahha car feels so heavy!!!!!! LOL i think i have the lowest HP in here!!!
  26. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    it's not your hp that went down..........your weight just went up too much. 19's are killer.
  27. Offline

imported_m120004 Guest

Message Count:
    Im just 14 but im very good on moding 03 Corollas i squeezed out 190hp with a highflow air intake its stock but is better than a CAI ask me how to do this plus i also put in a Borla catback unorthodox race pulleys EL headers and some other secret stuff but i will tell you this all this mods give you much better fuel economy and yeah i put in real good spark plugs
  28. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    sorry but i think im gonna have to raise the bs flag on this :roll:

on another note, Tyler u need to get ur car dynoed again but by somebody who knows what they're doing. i really wanna know how much power ur puttin out
  29. Offline

dominator 04 Rolla 5spd.

Message Count:
    14?! :? What is this special highflow air intake, which amazing spark plugs and what's the 'secret' in producing any more than 160 HP with your mods?
  30. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    What are you talking about. This is the Corolla prodigy who is going to mass produce the secret stuff. :p