1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Top Horsepower

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by RexPelagi, May 15, 2004.

1. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    any modded supercharged manual will beat me at the moment....gimme 2 weeks when i replace the turbo and get those bigger injectors :)
  2. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Good luck syndicate, but i will also be to the track in a week or so with motor mounts and headers. I am looking for a 15.6 8) !!!
  3. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    YEa that is right addicted2boost? Are you on Matrixowners? I will be getting water injection and header back exhaust installed monday and engine mounts. Then will be getting a retune from unichip the following week. I am hoping the water injection with help with the 9 psi pulley. Only made 5 hp with it which is not enough but the reason was because of too much heat so this setup should cool it enough to effectively create more power and be safer on the engine. I am hoping to be around 240-250 and then with lighter rims will run high 13s I think. I will let you all know how it goes. By the way the order would be me, bzzsan, rolla dink, j yota all supercharged then crovax for now. So those are the top 5 I can think of.
  4. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I'm not too familiar with the water injection. Where did you get the parts from? How or where do you install it? How does it run? If there is a website on the part you got it from, that would be helpful. Or any other info. on it.
  5. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    I am on MO.com also. I will be very close to the top of this list at the end of this month. We will see...
  6. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Do you have a matrix or Corolla whats your name on there and what are your plans to get up to us :) Better be able to beat 240-250 hp because thats where I will be :)
  7. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    mwhahaha :) Sounds like a fair battle to me....just wait blk03rolla...i'm a comin for ya! (might take a while...ur damn quick :))

I've got a better idea...lets see whos car breaks first! ;)
  8. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    I have a corolla. Lets just say we have very similar mods and we are working with the same people for the most part. The major difference will be that I am aiming for a CARB legal and SMOGGABLE car (sniff + visual).
  9. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Holy cow!! 250hp? How much are you guys spending on mods anyways? I think it will be worthwhile just to get a whole new sports car. 300hp, 300ft-lb torque: any car comes to mind? Comes equipped with water injection too.
  10. Offline

SS On Your Six Guest

Message Count:
    any of you faster guys in AZ? Id like to play around for fun on the street :)
  11. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Hmmm, an SS Camaro. I don't know if a Corolla matches well with that. If you were to go up against me, you'll probably smoke the crap right out of my pants.
  12. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    That the joe of living in a smaller city no deq here. And it is no fun just to go and buy a fast car especially seeing everyone will know your fast. I love having a sleeper and no one knowing what hit them :). Hence the signature. What was that? Haha
  13. Offline

rolla_dink Guest

Message Count:
    I'd have to put my 20 on Blk03Corolla, at least for participants in this forum. So far noone is near him in performance mods. All that is left is precise driver skill.

I'd have to agree that being a sleeper is very fun, especially with a corolla. As far as being smog legal, most the mods I am doing and the rest are doing are relatively easy install and uninstall. Besides the soonest in California we have to smog a new car is 4 years from the date of purchase. As far as warranty, once again, if you are looking to mod, be ready to have problems trying to get it covered, just the nature of the beast. If you know cool people in the dealerships, more power to you. I'm here to enjoy my rolla NOW.

As far as HP. I figure after the header, midpipe, s/c, a/f, throttle bypass, and any other stuff I can think of...I'll be around 180-190, on a car that weights around 2,400 to 2,500 lbs. It is damn fun already, especially as a manual. :p

I aspire to get near Blk03corolla, whom for now is my benchmark for relatively low maintenance, reliable performance. Hats down to you man, have fun on the track!

:D :D :D
  14. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I've got everything Blk03Corolla has except the rims, headers and midpipe, unichip, and some of the exterior cosmetics. Well, at least according to what it says in his signature and the fact that I know he's getting the complete exhaust and upgraded midpipe + water injection later on.
  15. Offline

rolla_dink Guest

Message Count:
    I keep forgetting that you have a S/C too. I believe you got yours a week after mine, then j_yota was next. The funny thing is I believe I bid against him on eBay for the S/C.
  16. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    blah to that...i'd really love to see what i'd run at the track and see if i could keep up with a supercharged manual with my auto...i know i'd smoke one if i had a manual.
  17. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Man I dont know about smoke. What boost are you running at? You still need to get on a dyno :) I know a turbo has a lot more potential than the TRD Supercharger but with the power im at now I bet it would be an even race. Until you add boost than will get by me lol Damn Turbos. I like having a good daily driver too though. To bad we arent closer that would be fun to make a vid.

So what mods are you other supercharged guys planning on doing. LIke all of you know I will have the header, mid pipe, motor mounts, and water injection installed on Monday. I wil also be getting a new clutch in a month or so just trying to figure out which one and lightweight rims. Any mods you guys gonna do before me or ones I havent done?
  18. Offline

rolla_dink Guest

Message Count:
    I'm thinking new CAI, LSD, CF Hood, maybe unichip, wheels and tires. I probably won't go farther then those mods only because I want to start on modifications on my 4Runner. I'm figuring a 200 HP 2500 lb. corolla is pretty extravagant already. I'll hopefully finish this all in a year or two.
  19. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    performance wise, I need headers and plan on getting one in the future. I like to keep things legal though, so still waiting for a CARB approved header. After my car warranty expires, I will take off the TRD muffler. I like the Flowmaster 40 series muffler because they are so free flowing + glass pack added on the front or middle somewhere to reduce back pressure. They can reuse my existing 2.25" piping that was put on my car a few months ago. The TRD muffler is my restriction right now because the front pipe is still stock size. Everything's going to be welded. Have to take it to Speedway Muffler for them to do all that. I may keep the catalytic convertor the same, but a high flow convertor lingers in the back of my mind. That should complete my exhaust system.

I need guages too and have to route one in the future. I think that is it for performance. THere is nothing else I can do or want to do with the engine and transmission. I've got two intakes in my room that I can add on anytime. I'm just too lazy to take it off and putting it on again, and off and on, etc. I don't want to do anything with the suspension or anything else on the exterior.
  20. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    "so who are the top 5 right now? My guesses are:

1. blk03corolla
    2. syndicate
    3. crovax
    4. hoolala
    5. ??bzzzan??
    "
    ...I'm no where near that high as I'm still NA until Christmas. I'm hangin around w/wi rolla and the other NA people who hit the track. I would say the top 5 would all those who are using FI and then the other 5 NA people. I know for sure Crovax, Hoolala, and Bzzzan are making more power than I am...for now :twisted:
  21. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    my motor mounts, midpipe, header, and water injection arent getting installed untill two weeks from now...and thats it for performance stuff for a while. I like my wheels, and i think theyre light enough...lsd would be sweet, but i dont see that happening soon.. it could though, and i dont know about a clutch..i think i'll just wait till this one is done.

Other than performance i'm probably getting a kit in the next coupla months and some ICE stuff, and other smaller things....its gonna be fun

for anyone that doesnt know, blk03corolla and i have the EXACT same performance mods save: him-unichip and smaller pulley, me- split second aic1 controller instead of unichip and no pulley. So i estimate he's making anywhere from a gratuitous 10ish to 20ish more than me at the crank. I'm just using him as my guinea pig for mods...haha j/k

I'm the only s/c person that posts here that has been to the track. I ran a 14.8 with s/c, trd cai, and my borla axle-back and no a/f controller, so thats why with the mods that are on the way I'm hoping hoping for some sweet times with the car. blk03corolla should rip that 14.8 apart when he goes.....and then hopefully i can beat whatever he gets :D So yea, blk03corolla is in front in hp and i THINK/am pretty sure i'm next. I'm not gonna let him leave me behind. he has a little more power But, i have a ce---less weight :lol: :wink:
  22. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    And I have 28.5 lbs rims soon to be 13 lbs 17X7s though with sticky tires. Should be running around 13.8 when I get those. I will go to the track with the rims I have now and then later too which will compare the difference nicely. Should run around a 14.2 when I go. And then take alteast 4 tenths off by cutting 60 lbs off rims. Which equals 600 stationary weight or .6 seconds. So maybe even a 13.6 theoretically speaking lol. We will see though. I only have done a bs 14.8 on gtech with horid wheel spin and hop lol.
  23. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    nice...i figure i'm somewhere around 15.0 maybe high 14's if i'm lucky. This is obviously with my current setup...and with that damned automatic. I've beaten manual cars that can run in the high 14's (SE-r Spec-v Nismo R-tune) (various H22 preludes and B series swaps) but in florida...its been about 92 and my car runs like shit when its that hot out :( I'll go to the track...hopefully tomorrow, and i'll let ya'll know.
  24. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I'm using my COrolla as an everyday commuter, long distance. Mainly back and forth to work + school. That's why I'm not going to put too much mods on it. Especially with the hot weather coming, I don't my motor to run too hot especially with the long, long commute.
  25. Offline

imported_corollas Guest

Message Count:
    i gots all the basic mods and i live where its 110 out side and i drive to vegas every onece and a while, but ive never seen my temp gauge go over half way, and i think my coolants half empy too last time i saw? :D :p
  26. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    My temp guage shows the same temp all the time too, but I just want to take it easy with the little motor. I hope my Corolla will last at least 10 years. Speaking of radiator fluid, I have to add some in the reserve tank. I just remembered it is completely empty. Got to go to the dealer tomorrow and buy some coolant.
  27. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    ...by the way, I'm also running a supercharger too during all that commuting. Good thing it came with a new thermostat.
  28. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    my temp guage will go up if i'm on it for a long time...like an extended race or something...but then its only a little past half way... nothing major. Its that damned intercooler...its almost the size of the radiator and covers probably 75% of it.
  29. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Hey syndicate....what did you end up running? I am going to the track on Wednesday with my Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts and my JP Performance Header, if it arrives by then.
  30. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    ....ack, my best time was a 16.6 which is worse than I ran before I had any engine mods. Basically I sucked bad, my reaction time was bad and the car didn't hop it simply kind of burned out, so I need to find the right launch RPM and work on my RT. Lastly, I only got four runs in b/c some idiopt blew his engine on the track (he was having problems and insisted on running). Oh yeah, when the payments get accepted for the headers? I was never notified.