1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

this thing will own yuo all and i want it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GundamHeavyArms, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
  2. Offline

rezurex Guest

Message Count:
    skyline GTR > *
  3. Offline

Message Count:
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    people are stupid for being supportive and loyal to the USA too..... fucking loyal USA nazis

why would something so trivial bother someone as intelligent as yourself?
  5. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    so wait - you think that people on this board are actually objective and impartial? Take a look at any thread that centers around a non-toyota car, especially ANYTHING domestic. Count the replies negative vs positive. Then post the same thing on another car board. Watch what happens.

I'm not tryin to preach, but it's just getting so damn annoying that absolutely nothing is welcomed on this board unless it's a toyota (or teh almighty skyline of course). I used to love this site and was on it constantly, but it's becoming a really negative place and people are just too brand loyal.
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    i just expect when posting something car related on a car board, that people might actually be able to look at it as what it is, not just what emblem is on its hood. yes i realize that this is a 95% corolla-based board... but there used to be more people who are just plain "car enthusiasts" like myself, not ONLY corolla enthusiasts.

it just bugs me i guess lol. other that that, it's just the fact that people here complain cuz the honda guys hate on them simply because they drive a corolla... when they do the same thing!
  7. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    So it is now considered a Cobra by the body????
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    i dunno if you're into mustangs or not but i can tell from lookin at that thing that it at least WAS a cobra. That or they spent a lot of money changing the front and rear bumpers and taillights to exactly match the 03/04 cobra.

Granted, that motor is no longer a cobra lol. It's a lot better haha.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    if im not mistaken the cobra also has an IRS as opposed to the soild rear axle on the rest of the mustangs. it also has a nice lip spoiler on the trunk
  10. Offline

jbmayes2000 Guest

Message Count:
    Keyword there man, why do you think they "used" to be here and aren't now?

Convincing this board that Toyota isn't the second coming of christ would be like trying to convince Hitler that Jew killing might not be a good idea.
  11. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    <br />
    Hehe. True. Anyone comes on here that doesnt own a corolla is shunned.....hell, whenever I mention VW, someone bashes it, as if the corollas are perfect cars.
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    well at least now i know im not imagining it lol. at least a few people see what im talkin about.
  13. Offline

renfield90 New Member

Message Count:
    I don't have a corolla. :)
  14. Offline

Message Count:
  15. Offline

jbmayes2000 Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah there are people that don't.. but they don't speak up to often because there aren't many people here that can have a convo from a automotive enthusiast view rather than a onebrandisbetterthanall view.
  16. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    I would rather have the 240Z Nissan I saw at Hot Import Nights that had 1200bhp without Nitrous :) The turbo on it looked like it came out of a Monster Truck and stuck far out of the hood. Instead of an air intake it just had the impellers on the turbo sticking out of the hood. It was sick :)
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    haha yeah ive got a dyno video of a grand national twin turbo that was set up the same way. he had both turbos stickin out of the hood. looked damn cool, but pretty damn impractical lol. what happens when you're drivin down the track and ya suck in a dragonfly or somethin? oooooops lol
  18. Offline

Speed_Racer Guest

Message Count:
    I love my toyota for the quality and reliability of it but, I bash it all the time about the performance. I think it's pretty funny reading some posts that sound like people think of the corolla like it has the performance of a Carrera GT.

I am a car guy in general though, classics, hot rods, muscle cars, imports, euros, sport trucks, 4x4 show rigs or off road rigs, exotic. I have even been to a few Semi truck shows.

But I have had simply amazing reliability out of every toyota I have owned (3 including my wife's current car), and I can't say the same about any of the other cars I have owned. I have owned 16 cars from both domestic and import manufacturers.

So for the car I am going to be using for daily use and trust for traveling with my family on trips, yes I would consider myself brand loyal to toyota.

However, last summer I just finsihed a restoration of a 56 ford t-bird, sold it and now I am looking for either a 66 mustang fastback, 71 340 cuda, or a 70 split bumper camaro.
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    oh dont get me wrong - i fully agree with you on the reliability of toyotas vs. many other car brands. I wouldn't have traded my 99 corolla on another one if I didn't think I was gonna get my money worth again. But when I post a link to a full drag-setup turbo mustang... I'm obviously not looking to debate it's reliability or cornering capabilities lol.