1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Thinking of a paseo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BLADDER_MASTER, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    internals + fuel management + t3 turbo does NOT equal "still stock" - hell that equals "heavily modified" - that's like $5k in mods at least lol - to do all that and only be pushing 200hp is sad, considering a 03 corolla would be pushing 200hp with a 75 shot of n2o for ~ $500-700.
  2. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:

he said OVER 200hp and any dumbass can buy a nitrous kit and make hp. NO SHIT :rolleyes:
  3. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    unless it's CONSIDERABLY over 200hp that's still pathetic for a completely built turbocharged engine. And my point was that he used the phrase "stock engine" but said it had built internals, fuel management and a T3 turbo. That's not stock!
  4. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
    there are no 2005 US market Echos.

it conflicted with Scion.
  5. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    correct, but they will retain the echo in canada for "at least 2005" no word on if it's being eliminated after that.

and the scions weren't teh big problem, it was mostly the prius actually.
  6. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    i'm talking about the 1st gen prius
  7. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
    how so?

the echo is in direct conflict, numbers wise, with the Scions. The Echo and the xA would surely compete for buyers. the prius, on the other hand, is $8000 more than an echo, and targetted at a completely different demographic.
  8. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    nah dude, sure they're targeted at different demographics, but it just so happens that the echo was selling great until the prius came out. Cuz even though the echo is aimed at the "lower-class" demographic (i know i'm gonna get in trouble for saying that one) and the prius is aimed at the treehuggers, as soon as the prius came out, everyone who was gonna get an echo wanted one of those, even though it is around 20k, but they're saving a ton on gas, and they look good, with more room.
  9. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
    the scion came out at the same time as the new prius.

and the toyota dealer near my house has sold FIVE priuses since it came out, and several hundred Scions.

the dealer said they killed the Echo so it wouldn't compete with the xA.

i really don't know how it can be more concrete than that.
  10. Offline

infamousrolla Guest

Message Count:
  11. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    unless u are a girl dun drive one cuz its a girl's car...
  12. Offline

kickarse Guest

Message Count:
    U do know the same thing can be said about the corolla....

This is like a support group for slow cars
  13. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    haha, a support group for slow cars....i like that.
  14. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
  15. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
    as compared to the rolling machismo that is our cars?

i think the Paseo looks better than our car (93-97)... but then I also think the 93-97 Prizm looks better than the 93-97 Corolla.
  16. Offline

xStartiKax Guest

Message Count:
    i thought about getting a paseo a while back. man they are cute little cars. as far as what's under the hood goes, it's got just as much potential as the corolla. yes, it is just a 2-door sporty Tercel, but you can make a great car out of anything if you put your mind to it. swaps and aftermarket parts for it are gonna take some extra effort, meaning you'll probably have to custom make them from parts made for other cars, just like with the corolla in many cases.

with that in mind, cosmetic modifications are a different story. if you're wanting to put a body kit on it or do other things, be ready to shell out lots of shipping costs, cause the last time i checked the only body kits for it are manufactured in australia. erebuni also makes one, but its ugly as ass
  17. Offline

kickarse Guest

Message Count:
    who's ass? cuz you know...
  18. Offline

03silverrolla Guest

Message Count:
    is the echo/xa really suppose to get a supercharger? If so if the supercharger is going to produce enough power to compare up to the corolla then i wouldnt mind getting an xa or even an xb. The thing I dont like is they dont have cruise control as a factory option.
  19. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
    hahahahaha...good one...

oh...wait...

you're serious?

cruise control is ridiculous. cruise control on something you consider a "tuned" automobile is completely ludicrous.
  20. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    there are some dealerships out there that sell cruise control as a "dealer option" kinda like some dealers sell aftermakret parts.

as for supercharger from TRD, i haven't heard of this. I know blitz makes a supercharger, but it's kinda worthless. There is a TRD turbo kit in Japan for it, and i heard they were testing it over here for the USspec versions.