1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

The DEFINITIVE interior/dash lighting Q & A forum!

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Miguel, May 5, 2004.

1. Offline

toyotaboy New Member

Message Count:
    nah, i figured it out.. turns out you can unclip the whole assembly, pull off the connector, and slip the light out with a screwdriver. I ordered a few different ones for trunk and dome light.. So far the trunk ones aren't very bright (I expected more considering how bright some of the hyperLED's get), but I'll experiment. Haven't installed the dome one yet because last time I tried I sparked it and caused my fuse to short.. so I have to get some more fuses before I try it again. The couple seconds it was on though, didn't seem so bright either (two LED's don't cut it).. Bought a xenon bulb to try out.
  2. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    Yeah, I've had dome light issues before myself. I find it's best to turn the switch to off and close all the doors. For some reason, even if you don't have "door" selected, the dome light is still part of the door circuitry.
  3. Offline

Message Count:
  4. Offline

ArdotheWan New Member

Message Count:
    Be careful with the A/C button guys, I have messed mine up somehow and it doesn't work anymore when I press it. Tried a million things to fix it too. Look in maintence board for my info or if you know how to fix these things ;)
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    That's always a fear of mine more than anything else. Can't go w/o A/C in SoCal. I was reconsidering tackling that mod this weekend. I did some car work though, got a power steering flush, coolant/rad flush, new thermostat and engine steamed.
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    When you replace the shifter light in the center console, is it necessary to remove the rear piece (rear of the shifter) only, or also the large front piece?
  7. Offline

ArdotheWan New Member

Message Count:
    Ya you got to have the A/C. I use it at night even I'm always hot. Also I hate getting my hair all crazy with the windows down =p

8. Offline

rollarace New Member

Message Count:
    Wire diagram for foot well neons...pls?! :D

I want to put the neons there and I don't really know how to wire that well but im gonan try this I've gotta start somewhere! I was going to use the power from the cig light...I've got the 99 CE model...and I'll need to wire in a switch so add that to the pic for me. Thx :D
  9. Offline

rollarace New Member

Message Count:
    I saw there was a DIY on putting in a trunk neon...I did it and he thought it looked h0ot so I told him how! Now none of his door or map lights work now..I think he blew a fuse ..soo my question does anyone know where the fuse bow is on a 02 LX civic or what might have happened? thx
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    Ok, so I tore down the majority of my car interior last night in an attempt to put a finish to this project...

First off, anyone that can replace those A/C button lights is a god, seriously, I couldn't get that fucker out.

Second, the bulb for your automatic shift indicator is a #74. To get it out, you only need to remove the rear center console piece (armrest and storage on some models). That's easy, just remove the two screws in the storage and pull off the unit. The bulb is right at the back of the shifter area, so I used pliers to pull out the bulb and socket. Replaced it, and bingo! Everything is done now, except the A/C button and the window button on the door panel, that would require soldering.
  11. Offline

juggaloryder Guest

Message Count:
    This is awsome, cause I've been staring at those lights wondering what I can do to "fix" them... and make 'em blue to match the damn car...
    Josh
  12. Offline

Miguel Guest

Message Count:
    Ac button you need to pop off the main cover then take out the main climate control component and unclip the ac body it unclips from some wires and from the main climate control. you can either wire in a Led or use the existing dolder and build an Led to that.
    [IMG]
  13. Offline

juggaloryder Guest

Message Count:
    I've got a question, I was gonna go with the indiglos in my gauge cluster, but now I'm thinkin that stock with blue back lighting would look better, and match the paint better, can the bulbs back there be changed, and is so what bulbs do I need?
    Josh
  14. Offline

ArdotheWan New Member

Message Count:
    I got that part of the light changed by wrapping a LED in the old like bulb stand and taking that bulb out. But I was too scared to change that 90'angle light that turns on when the AC is on.

15. Offline

Message Count:
    I pulled off all the trim and took out the screws for the climate control unit, it came out about 1 inch, then stuck. Screw it. Looks good on you guys cars though! Good job.
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    Juggalo:

Check out the LED website in my signature, they sell a wide angle 194 LED bulb. It's still not as good as standard bulbs, but better than most LEDs. I use those with my indiglos. You will need 3. I had the colored glass ones for about a week, they looked indiglo green, instead of blue, but still nice. Now everything is ice blue LED. Where are you now? Still in SD?
  17. Offline

Miguel Guest

Message Count:

Yes they can be changed the bulb size is 194, but the problem I had is bright spots, you would have to shave down the led to recieve even lighting. or you can use regular bulbs from Advance I used red and they came out great.
  18. Offline

Fox New Member

Message Count:
    sorry to get outta the subject guys... but miguel where did you get that kickass reverse indiglo on yer car?

and how'd u change yer clock display color?
  19. Offline

Miguel Guest

Message Count:
    I got the Gauges on ebay for like $20 bucks

These are a bit differnt then mine but in my view nicer. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sspagename=WDVW
    The clock display needs to be unscrewed an unclipped from the main center console, and then sprayed with 2-3 light coats of stain glass spray paint. They sell it at craft stores like Michaels. Ive only seen it doen in red. but becareful don't spray to much on b/c during the day it will be harder to see the time. Good luck
  20. Offline

Fox New Member

Message Count:
    thnx for the info miguel, i've seen those reverse gauges befroe don't actually like them... the ones you have are the best i've seen yet, but they seem to have tun outta production.
  21. Offline

juggaloryder Guest

Message Count:
    MCAS Miramar. For 40 more days. Then, Fallujah, Iraq...

Josh
  22. Offline

Message Count:
  23. Offline

ArdotheWan New Member

Message Count:
    at some point im doing a DIY for this stuff. Took pictures of an unassembled AC part thing I bought.
    Just have to get around to it
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    Excellent, you know where to post it. I might be getting a digital camera this week, fucking finally. I'll post some pics of my car lit up at night. Also, in other news, with my newest promotion, I now get to park indoors at work, no more dirty car.
  25. Offline

ArdotheWan New Member

Message Count:
    it might not be the most in depth DUI though cause i forgot to take pictures of the circuit boards in the AC controller and the rear defogger piece and i dont know if ill have the energy to reopen it =p
    dont expect the dui till next week though gonig camping this weekend!
  26. Offline

Message Count:
  27. Offline

ArdotheWan New Member

Message Count:
    hadn't had the time to do the DIY (school started) but i will i promise!
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    It's all good, I JUST got a digicam, will be putting up pix shortly.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  29. Offline

Message Count:
  30. Offline

Message Count: