1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

The Accident Picture Thread (56k)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Photography' started by YamahaTundraV8, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Offline

YamahaTundraV8 New Member

Message Count:
    The Accident Picture Thread (56k)

Hey all,

This thread was designed to show us those really nasty car/truck/Motorcycle accident pictures and tell us your story on what happened ?

Thanks all who post

ERIK

:pictures below is My 2000 Tundra California edition I've had the Truck new since April 00 and I had logged close to 124k on miles before she was totaled out a day before my birthday (sept 8 05) . Wile My back is still recovering from this accident I'll never forgot that Morning trying to Leave to Michigan to avoid traffic I guess In someway this accident is a wake up call on how short Life really is because you never know whats going to happen on the road and what lies ahead. Drive safe all reading this thread and be alert On those around you. wile I couldn't avoid the person who ran a light and Hit me I'm sure there are methods to see into people reactions and plan ahead. In the road there are drivers and Bad drivers and Georgia seems to have plenty of those types around..

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    This thread, as disturbing as it may be...could be a good tool to make sure everybody stays safe while they are out having fun.

This was my mom's 1998 Isuzu Rodeo, guy in a 24 straight truck ran a red arrow from behind a semi...I hit him at 41 mph right in the gas-tank. He was cited for failure to yield. I walked away from this was a bloody nose, a bruise on both shins and an abrasion on my forehead from the airbag. ...and the damn tow-truck drivers stole the money out of my wallet. :(

[IMG]

Mod Note: I'll stick this, until one of the higher-ups shuts me down and unstickies it. :p
  3. Offline

D Matrix Member

Message Count:
    I was stopped to make a left turn on a country road when I was rear ended by a kid in his moms Tahoe going 50mph.

[IMG]
  4. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]

i was coming back from a graduation party with my girlfriend.
    i was on the right lane on the main road (not quite a highway but its a street where you can go 40-50mph on).

we were coming up on an intersection and this guy from the middle lane just decided he wanted to make a right turn on the intersection and drove onto my lane. i was diagonally to his right side and a little bit behind him.
  5. Offline

fastrolla96 speedbumps..yum

Message Count:
    [IMG]

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a 25 year old man was killed when he tried to cut in front of a semi in the construction zone at I-44 and Yale.

Troopers say Rodolfo Palacios-Garcia lost control of his car and slid under the tractor-trailer and died.

A 19-year-old woman is in a Tulsa hospital.

He was one of my good friends and a very great guy. His girlfriend survived with cuts and bruises with a broken nose and a slipped disc on her neck. She is doing alright right now. This happened July 3. This should teach us to drive safely. This changed our entire car clubs way of life after what happened. He will be missed.
  6. Offline

My03Tundra ROLL OUT!

Message Count:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

THAT, WAS my show-room-floor 2000 Chevy Metro. I was exiting the I-17 in Phoenix and stopped my car. The Dodge Ram 1500 behind me did not stop and knocked me into the Ford Ranger ahead of me. After the Metro, I ended up with this:

[IMG]

That was my POS S-10. It "reliably" broke down every 3000 miles or less. I'm glad I got rid of it.
  7. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  8. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Turning west on 108th when an eastbound E-150 van blew the red light at 50-55mph (speed limit is 40mph) he didnt even touch his breaks, just plowed right into me. my car was knocked from a (imagine clock here folks) 9:45 position to a 2:30 position in the intersection, almost spinning my car 180 degrees. 8 months of physical therapy and every now and again my back hurts a little - but its still getting better... happened almost 2yrs ago.
  9. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Man seeing these pictures just hurt me :(..... that was a pretty damn bad accident
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

What did you get out of the whole ordeal? Looks to me like it would buff right out :)
  11. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
    I just got in one a few days ago. 1st accident in 4 years, and 1st ever involving another car. Also my 1st accident in a FWD car lol.

Looks like I'm going to need a new rear bumper and pass tailight. And the insurance deal should be fun. Its basically he said /she said. My statement against hers, since it was on private property (so no police came) and there were no witnesses.
  12. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    overall it was a total of about 25-30k for the entire settlement (car included) but most of the cash aspect of it went into medical bills. weak sauce if you ask me, but i had no permanent damage so its not like i could get compensated for that... sorta glad though... still sucked my muscles were all jacked up in my back for 8-10 months, but what do ya do? i walked away from it for the most part, so i should just be happy with that at least.
  13. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

i ran into the back of a newer parkave, fucked my car up and only left a smudge mark of my bumper on hers, and the damn lady had to call up her insurance, lol, it was a no fault though, because of the sun and the light it was at, its almost impossible to see it
  14. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
  15. Offline

hellapinoy 2000 Celica GTS

Message Count:
    man, vortex's car always hit me... i really loved his car... i feel ur pain man...

here's mine...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

i figured i put some pics of when i got broken into...

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    Get an alarm lol. This is chicago we are talking about.
  17. Offline

hellapinoy 2000 Celica GTS

Message Count:
    im in the process of getting one lol... im saving up money...
  18. Offline

ASG14 NooB, Kinda....

Message Count:
    Took the pic 3 weeks ago, right down the street from me. 4 HS girls that apparently wanted to see how fast they can take the turn, blowing through the stop sign.......

[IMG]

Nother pic I took this summer a couple miles from me. Person in the Impalla decided to not stop, rear ending the Jeep, pushing into the main 45mph road where the Subie hit it.

[IMG]
  19. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    Took this last winter:

[IMG]
  20. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    thank god I don't qualify to post in this thread.... ouch vortex, ouch D Matrix, ouch Deebs
  21. Offline

DutchMaster Dutch Master

Message Count:
    [IMG]

A VA State Trooper hit me while responding to a call. I got screwed with the $2000 damges due to something called the Firemans Law. Which lets cops and any other emergency respondent off the hook if they have their lights on.

SUCKS 4 ME

Attached Files:

22. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    DAMN man that sucks...not really fair
  23. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    Who told you it was because of the Fireman's Rule - the cop or someone else? That rule only allows for police, firemen, etc. to recover some compensation from injury in dangerous situations. Think something similar along the lines of Workman's Compensation.

Rule says - The fireman's rule prevents a professional from recovering for his injuries under the rescue doctrine for several reasons. Because it is the professional's business to save lives and prevent injury to persons and property, he already acts under a duty imposed upon him. Thus, the purpose of the rescue doctrine, which is to encourage a non-obligated person to come to a victim's aid, does not apply to a professional. A professional is also not permitted to recover because he voluntarily assumes the risk of the dangers that result in injuries by deliberately selecting an occupation in which such hazards are inherent. In addition, professionals do not need the rescue doctrine to recover for their injuries because they are generally covered by accident insurance.

There are VA rules on conduct for police and what happens if they cause property damage while supporting a call or emergency. I'd get lawyered up and see if you can recover some of the cost - worst case is you will not, best case is 100% coverage by their accident insurance policy. Don't assume you will automatically get shafted - this has happened to a couple of coworkers in our building and they recovered almost everything from a similar accident.
  24. Offline

DutchMaster Dutch Master

Message Count:
    Well thats is what a lawyer told me and my insurance will not cover it, and neither did the Troopers insurnce. This is the actual letter i received from them:

Dear Mr. Dutchmaster,

This letter is to advise you that we have completed our investigation of the above captioned motor vehicle accident that occured on Rt. 50 in Fairfax County, Virginia. Our investigation revealed that VA State Trooper Billy Patton, was engaged in the performance of his/her work duties when this accident occured. At the time of impact, Mr. Patton was responding to a emergency call with lights and sirens activated. Thus, he/she is protected by governmental immunity and is not held liable for any damages resulting from his acts of simple negligence. This was upheld in the case COLBY V. BOYDEN, 241 Va.125 (1991). For this reason, we must respectfully deny all claims and will be unable to pay for property damage or bodily injury arising out of this accident.

It Sucks!
  25. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    Hmm. In NH, if I hit someone while running code and it was my negligence, it's my ass on the line...however, I just read over the Colby v. Boyden case, and it appears you may be out of luck.

Why won't your insurance cover it - do you not have comp/collision?
  26. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    Deep South, Texas , currently in Okinawa, Japan
    if i can get my parents to send me the photos of my ole' 98 LE it will make that Rodeo look great compared to how my old Rolla was left. Think of it this way the rear part of the engine wound up under the dashboard, tranny broke all the way through (the majority of the impact was taken on the front drivers side), then have the car slide into a post in which the front passengers door was completely smashed in. Now I'm glad the F*&king little bastards survived but im pissed that they stole and totaled the shit out of my car. The front and side airbags are the only things that kept them from hitting the windshield, and the cement post the front right door hit.

Texas will make you pay when you hit another vehicle especially if its negligence, my friend should know it happend to him and he hit a pickup truck. he was held financially liable for the fees of the person he hit and thier bills.

man you don't want to get hit or hit someone it sucks
  27. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
    I'm sure most of the oldheads here have seen this (heck I think I even posted it back on Corolla-racing years ago.

[IMG]

Sister driving. Some moron pulled out from a stopsign on a backroad and never looked. SIs plowed into the side of him @ 35-40. Really no way to avoid it.
  28. Offline

Jon91MR2 New Member

Message Count:
    Was driving on a long straight stretch of a two lane road at night in pouring rain. Came to an intersection and got stopped by a red light. Immediately after the intersection is a small overpass going over some train tracks. Light turns green and I go. Got into second gear as I went through the intersection then halfway up the overpass I shifted to third. Right after I started accelerating again the rear end lost traction. It went back and forth a couple times, then I went across the oncoming lane, over a curb, and hit a guadrail, then bounced straight back and hit the guardrail on the other side. Wasn't wearing a seatbelt and bounced off the steering wheel and left window but I was fine. If it had happened about 20 seconds later there would have been cars in the oncoming lane and it would have been worse. I'm still not sure what exactly caused me to lose traction, I guess I just wasn't being as careful as I should have been.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  29. Offline

aaron0386 New Member

Message Count:
    been over a year since ive posted on the site...but saw this thread and figured i show what happened to my rolla and why i sorta left

my story..i was going throught a light at about 50mph and a lets ran a left turn light throught the intersections...cops said she was going about 55..she hit me on my front and then spun around and hit my back end...she knocked herself outcold and layed on the horn...i thought she was dead when i got out...my gf messed up her knee in the passanger's seat and doesnt have to much feeling on the right side of her calf...i just got a bloody nose from the air bag..and hella buises on my body

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  30. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    omg just looking and reading through these gives me the chills. I hope I don't get into an accident.