1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

*Terry Schindler-Schiavo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gain guide, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Offline

DMagic000 New Member

Message Count:
    exactly...who knows what her wishes are. And it is stupid that the law leaves her life in his custody. But I agree...that is the law and what can you do. Either way -it's a horrible situation.
  2. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    How is it stupid?

Because hes with another woman?
  3. Offline

DMagic000 New Member

Message Count:
    IT is stupid because he doesn't care about her and he has moved on. Calling it stupid is MY opinion -I'm entitled to that.

I swear no matter what I say you find a way to argue.
  4. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    how is moving on showing he doesn't care?
  5. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    You are saying something is "stupid", because a man has moved on, instead of sitting next to a woman for 15 years that is in a vegitative state.
    That would wear anyone down. I know that you sit there and plead that if your boyfriend was in that state, you would stay by him for 50 years. You say that now.

I wouldnt be selfish and expect my wife to sit by my side for the rest of her life.
  6. Offline

DMagic000 New Member

Message Count:
    oh...I wouldn't be selfish and expect my boyfriend to stay by my side either -but I said I would stay by his side without a doubt. And he TOLD me he would do the same.

Falnfenix and e_andree: to see why I think it is stupid you can read all my other posts in this thread of why I don't think he cares about his wife. I don't feel like repeating myself...so just read a little instead of posting just to post.
  7. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Ive read the entire thread, replying as you reply. I know how you feel.

You say something is stupid and dont really back it up, thats all.
  8. Offline

DMagic000 New Member

Message Count:
    I believe everything I have been posting within this thread is backing up my point of why I think it is stupid. Whether you agree with what I say or not -it is still backing up my point of why I think it is stupid.
  9. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    You are upset that he is with another woman, and not sitting by her side. Thats clear.

Are you more angry about that, or that you think Terri can have a good life?
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Ive now come to the conclusion that the parents are psychologically unstable:

They are quoted as saying to the jude" My daughter tried to say "I want to live" as the feeding tubes were removed on March 18th. "
  11. Offline

DMagic000 New Member

Message Count:
    they are quoted as saying that she said she wants to live because a lady went into the room and said "Terri, if you just stand up and say "I WANT TO LIVE" then this would all be over." and at that point Terri said "I wahhhhhh." I have no comment on any of that.

I'm upset with Michael Schiavo for many reasons...let me repeat them once again: He killed her cats, he melted the wedding rings, he refused the parents to even try to hand feed her because they claim she can swallow, he refused giving Terri therapy which MAY have helped her, he use to want her to live, now that he is with someone else he doesn't, he came into hospice saying "when is this bitch going to do?", ummm I believe all these reason are substantial for me in forming my own opinion of why I don't like him.

whether someone has the mentality of a 6 month old, a 10 year old, a 40 year old, or an 80 year old - who is to say they will not live a good life while alive?

Either way -she is going to die....but the least they can do is let her die with pain medications or a lethal injection instead of starving to death. No one knows whether she is feeling pain or not -it is inhumane however to starve someone to death -we don't do that to people on death row and we wouldn't do it to an animal...so we shouldn't do it to Terri. If they want her to die than fine -but just do it in a humane manner.
  12. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Hospice does this ALL THE TIME!!!

And you obviously dont have a living will....when you sign a living will, you explicitly write out what your wishes are...whether or not you want to live, even if you are on nourishment/hydration machines.

And her saying what you think she said is total bull. She hasnt spoken, or made any noise in 15 years. Dont you think all of this would be made public if it were true? She doesnt acknowledge anything around her...but suddenly she would acknowledge some random lady thats asking that?

And what lady would walk into the room and say that??? Honestly?

So he killed the cats? Yeah, maybe he shouldve put them up for adoption or sold them or something, but oh well. But hey, youve stated that you hope someone kills michael schiavo...so killing those cats must not be THAT bad.

Its possible that he melted down his ring because the pain was too much, the fact that she would never be able to be with him again. I would be psychologically messed up for a while if my wife were in that state as well.

Oh, and find me a news article that mentions these facts about the cats and the wedding ring. Not an editorial, a news article.
    And michael schiavos attorney today said she was receiving pain medication (for the sake of the public, not the patient.)
  13. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Ok, well if there is all this supposed evidence all over the place saying she's not a veggie upstairs, gimmie some links. I don't want this ' i dont remember where i saw it ' i want it found and published here.
  14. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Ive been watching hours of news footage on this case every day, because I really have no choice. Ive heard all of the medical hoopla, the protests, the whining, etc.

The parents need to realize that they dont really have much chance left, yet they still keep toying with it all. So they want the feeding tube reinserted, then the courts will overturn it again, and the process will start again all over. (Which, for those that think that she is feeling pain, this all would put her through more pain)

In all the footage, reports, etc, I have never ever seen anything about the ring and the cats.....until Dmagic00 mentioned it.
  15. Offline

SystemError Boosted

Message Count:
    I couldn't find what happend to here. Was it a car accident or something.
  16. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well, I've read this entire thread... and I understand how both sides feel, but the matter of fact is that they are just following the law, and until I see something concrete that she is in fact no a vegetable, then I have to agree with the court apointed doctors (they are doctors for a reason) and say that she is a vegetable and should stop living a hollow life... but I don't necessarily agree with the food tube removal thing, they should do a lethal injection like the death penalty or something...
  17. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

She went into some sort of cardiac arrest due to a eating disorder. (potassium imbalance from balimia)
  18. Offline

DMagic000 New Member

Message Count:
    okay..

E_Andree you claimed she hasn't made any noise in 15 years? She has made noise -go on google and put in "Terri Schiavo laughs" and see what you'll find. Anywhere you look you hear her parents say that she laughs, makes noise, and even cries. Some doctors say this is just a reflex. Either way it is noise and therefore you are wrong e_andree. As for her saying "I wahhh" or whatever she said -I'm not claiming it -I'm just saying what I heard on the news. Here is an article.. http://www.lifenews.com/bio848b.html and it wasn't just some strange lady -it was one of the Schindler's attorneys.

On another note -here is a link to the video of her laughing.

http://www.hedgersoftware.com/terrilaughs.wmv

the euthanizing of the cats is mentioned on terrisfight.net site and you can find other sites by doing a search as well on google -lets not be lazy -look around.
  19. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Thats hilarious. You are putting up a link that is total PRO-LIFE news, and that is obviously 100% biased in favor of the parents. And the fact that only an Schiavo parents attorney heard her start "yelling" I want, I want is a stretch too.

And Im not lazy...I ran a search, and all I found were EDITORIAL, OPINIONATED information on the cats. (Blogs with people FOR terri, etc.)Which is why I said I wanted you to link me to a NEWS article.
  20. Offline

DMagic000 New Member

Message Count:
    e_andree...I was posting an EXAMPLE site of the thousands of other site out there that say the same thing about Terri. I didn't say I believed that she said those words -I'm just saying she made a noise. And the information about the cats and the rings is on Terri's site. I believe her family knows more about that then you would -so I am calling it a pretty reliable source.

Funny how you didn't mention the video that you claimed didn't exist of her laughing. She looks pretty damn alive and responsive in that.
  21. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I'm still waiting for a link to an entire video, not some clip that has a woven story around it... c`mon hook it up :) ---
  22. Offline

TravisB New Member

Message Count:
    I think this should really be up to the family... if they're the ones paying to keep her alive right now. More power to them to keep her alive if they're going to provide the financial support.

I don't see how these religious people have their damn heads on though... they're basically saying suffer on Earth instead of going to Heaven to live eternally. Now, I'm not very religious and all, but why the hell would they fight to keep her alive if there is no doubt that she can not live on her own, yet in "Heaven" she could live forever... happy. That just didn't make sense to me...
  23. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    You're an idiot :) The videos that I watched were the videos recorded in her defence trying to show that she is still alive. I wasn't watching the videos trying to prove she was a vegitable. But even the videos in her defence didn't show me anything that would justify her living on in this condition. Also as for the catscans and brainscans unless your a Jesus freak and beleive that human consciousness is on some other plane of existance then %0 brain activity equals mentally void.
  24. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    unless some sort of ridiculous miracle happens(still no tube back in) this thread wont matter in a couple days, shes gonna die......
  25. Offline

kwong2001 New Member

Message Count:
    *Sigh*, read my post before you call me an idiot. You basically repeated what I said.
  26. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Yeah, Im sure her site is very unbiased.

And yeah, I watched the video. At first I wasnt sure it was her making the noises.
  27. Offline

DMagic000 New Member

Message Count:
    HAHAHA..now THAT is hilarious! That goes to show that you truly will take ANYTHING I post and somehow find a reason to turn it around....I figured that's why you took so long to post a reply to the video -you had to come up with an excuse of why it isn't what it really is. :rolleyes:

Vortex - even if she did lay there doing nothing for the rest of the entire video that was not shown -it still shows something significant in the few minutes of the clip that I linked to.
  28. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    no, i'm sure it took E awhile to respond because he has a life off the forum...one that involves his family...not necessarily responding to posts on here.

i second this.
  29. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Nah, I just had to wade through her emotional based bullshit and go back and address that point. WAH, he killed her cats, WAH, he melted down his ring (which, btw, has only been found in editorial based articles, none news articles like I asked numerous times for her to link). Yeah, you linked terris parents own site....yeah, THAT site is unbiased, and 100% truthful. Youve bought into the propaganda, manipulation that the parents have put out there, in order to paint a bad picture of Michael.

I said it didnt sound like it was coming from her because it seems that the sound is coming from off camera. But eithr way, so she makes some noise...not necessarily a laugh. Play the 20 minutes before and after that 2 minute part, without anyone talking to her, and if she makes that noise, does it mean she is laughing? There is so much interpretation, manipulation, etc involved.

According to her, Its not alright to let a person in a vegitative state die peacefully, but its okay for a fetus to be ripped from a womans womb?

Im only on this board when Im at work, so yeah, it may seem that Im quick to reply, but Im at work a lot...hehe.

But oh well...shes going to die shortly, and this whole argument will be over. DMagic, Ill keep an eye out for you at the protests and at Congress, petitioning to get the laws changed. Or are you not that passionate about it that youll go out and try to make change?
  30. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    yeah, similar to you not replying to my many replies about you saying you hope someone MURDERS Micheal Schiavo because of all of this, (hypocritical) and the fact that you think its alright for a woman to be pro-choice in regards to their baby, but in the Schiavo case, its 100% pro-life. (again, hypocritical).

And the fact that you are against the death penalty. (Once again...hypocritical)

You have been spitting out the same comments throughout the 6 pages, with nothing much new.

Once again, put the moralities, the compassion, and the medical opinions aside, and you get the real reason this is all happening: THE LAW.
    If you get a speeding ticket, do you go into court and dispute the fact that the speeding law exists?
    The husband has the right.....he got that right at marriage.
    The Schiavo parents even brought one of terri's friends into court and had her testify that she and Terri were watching a movie that had to do with a living will, and she claims that Terris said "I would want to stay alive". Well, they are essentially making themselves look bad, because throughout the entire case, they have been saying there is no proof that she told Micheal that she would want to die. Well, why in gods name are you trying to do the exact same thing??? There is no proof that her friend heard her say that.