1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Taking the rear apart

Discussion in 'Interior' started by eddy, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Offline

eddy Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Taking the rear apart

Does anyone know how to take the rear seat out, get the speaker panel and the interior vinyl all out systematically? I had a busted rear window and theres glass pieces in every nook and cranny. I vacced as much as I could and everything I could reach but some pieces slipped into the seat belt slots, quater panels, and every single hole in the back. All help appreciated.
  2. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    1st. run your hand along the front of your bottom seat , you should feel 2 clips . pull up on your bottom seat at these clips. viola! your bottom seat is out.

2nd. there are 3 bolt that will now be exposed at the bottom of the seat back . remove these bolts and push upwards (towards the roof) to unlock the clips that hold the seat to the back dash.

3rd. the rear speaker covers can be removed by removing the washer type clips off of them from the underside of your back dash , from the inside of your trunk.

4th. remove your 3rd brake light housing by pulling out the 2 pushpin type pins in both or either sides of your 3rd tailight housing. once removed , you will see 2 bolts holding the bulb side of the fixture to the body , remove bolts , and unplug the light.

5th. now that all that is outta the way , you will see the push pins that hold on your lower moulding that runs alongside your seat back , remove. the rest of the plastic trim should pop off with a good tug , at each pin. once the c pillar trim is removed , your carpet should just pic up off the dash.

6th. installation is reverse starting at 5 working to 1.

good luck.
  3. Offline

jcrwzr Member

Message Count:
    yeah, if you don't have a nose bleed or bite your tongue after step one, you're not pulling up hard enough. those clips are tight the first time. after pulling them out several times, it get easier.
  4. Offline

eddy Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Will do this soon and post here how it all went...

Thanx
  5. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    after many autocross events , mine are having a hard time staying in.
  6. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    not to mention , its a 94 , 13 years old.
  7. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    so how did it go anyway?
  8. Offline

jcrwzr Member

Message Count:
    yeah.. seriously... do a follow up!
  9. Offline

eddy Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Sorry dudes,...hate to disappoint you but I never got to it... been busy lately and I trashed all the glass. Theres still some in places I can't get to, but my reckless driving is popping them all outta there hiding holes. THE WIERDEST THING though, is that its all collecting in my trunk!!!!! How did these pieces of crap find their way into the trunk??? I vacced the entire trunk with all possible precision nozzles and everything, yet everytime I drive out, theres like 20 pieces sitting in there...

And shube, I don't remember giving reputation points coz I wanted to try it first...but I'm sure there are a million other guys who read here and must have tried it....but I really do appreciate your help!
  10. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    oh ok , i dont know where they came from , first i got in 3 years , didnt even know they exhisted till i went to my pm box yesterday.:D
  11. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Show us how much glass you found.
  12. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    just wondering , b/c he gave me some rep points for it , i just wanna make sure i was right , god knows ive had both my 7th gens apart and in pieces a hundred times or more. 8.1 arent really any different except for the body and engine.