1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Subwoofer opinion

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Cuztomrollaz98, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    hmmm interesting point bro
  2. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    thanks man will also have that in mind, appreciate it.
  3. Offline

yourownreality Guest

Message Count:
    Just ask anyone that competes in sound quality. You will see that none of the top competitors use audiobahn.
  4. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  5. Offline

theproof Guest

Message Count:
    yeah audiobahn is for people who want there system to "look" good but sound like doodoo...audiobahn is all show no go
  6. Offline

sting Guest

Message Count:
    a friend of mine who is into car show audio set ups told me, its really not about how much the sub would cost or how cool they look, its the power and clarity it can give in the end, its not about having the most expensive set up and yet the sound gives nothing but distortion... i am very brand oriented, but i don't regret purchasing a pioneer sub over punch fosgates... the bass sound of my single sub really sounds good on a band pass... if you're into hardcore sounds for car show, then, i can't blame you getting high retailed subs... just not bent on spending too much on subs, i'd go for a HU w/ DVD touch screen et al...
  7. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Well I just bought the W7'S and man they bump like a mother*bleep* hehehe they only cost me $900 brand new in a cuztom made box for my car too, man I love having hook ups lol but now I need to look for amps to run this motherflickerz lol. I only ran this subs with a 2 channel pioneer amp and they bumped pretty damn hard so I guess with better amps the better sound. Which JL AUDIO amps should I get to run this subs?
  8. Offline

theproof Guest

Message Count:
    get a monoblock for each
  9. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    thankz bro man I can't wait to get that shit running 100% lol, my rolla might be kinda shitty now but it's gonna get some recognition here once I get that system up and running lol and even better when I drop all this shit in it next month lol but hey thankz once again everyone for ur help and opinions
  10. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    A few things I would suggest to get the most out of this sub:

1) Use two 1000 watt JL Audio amps, one to each coil. According to several shops I have talked to, anything less than this and the sub would be underpowered (that is if it is a 13.5).

2) Upgrade your alternator (two 1000 watt amps will kill it in year if you listen to your music loud and often, also your lights will dim severely at high volumes and this will help)

3) Buy a large carbon capacitor like the 25 or 40 farad ones from Rockford Fosgate. You can install another battery in your trunk (about 65 lbs) or you can install one of these (8 lbs) and have better power delivery. I know that 2 of the SPL champs in this state use the 100 farad Rockford caps and they have no power shortage issues. The loudest vehicle in the state has 8 subs and two 100 farad Rockford caps, and I was told that for your application a 25 of 40 farad cap would work nicely.

Wire it up right using high quality and low (2-0) gauge wire and you should be set. Now just set some money aside to take those hoes who want a ride to Burger King and you'll be set. ;)
  11. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    alrighty then I'll check in on that too and buy all that to get those running 100% lol I want that shit to BUMP!!! hehehe :-D my addiction for bass is crazy lol
  12. Offline

xtm "Member"

Message Count:
    Kove Audio is good, but kinda expensive. You can probably get two IDMaxes for the price of a single Kove Army.

I say go with IDMax (Image Dynamics) Trust me, you won't regret it.
  13. Offline

drsoreyes Guest

Message Count:
    I would get IDMax from Image Dynamics, they hit pretty hard and they aren't expensive as Jl W7's i believe...
  14. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
    if trunk space is important get 2 Infinity Basslinks. They hit hard and take up almost no space whatsoever. I loved mine, especially for $210 shipped. Too bad it got jacked.
  15. Offline

slvrrolla03 New Member

Message Count:
    go with what you think sounds good, cause your the one thats gonna listen to it the most. Like my setup that i have, i spent around 1200$, and i love the sound i get. i have 6 1/2" Infinity Componets and there all mids and hi's and i love em. and i have 6x9" 3-way polk audio and those gave me great mids and lows with great hi's. and my entire sub is all out with audiobahn sub and amp with an alpine head unit. i mean some of my friends almost talked me into goin all out infinity but i didnt like how the 6x9" infinitys sounded. Nor the subs. Go with what you think sounds best for you. Dont spend money on exspensive stuff cause in the end you may like it too much and u spent alot of money on a full system. but I wouldnt say audiobahn is all show, to me my audiobahn sounds great.

sorry for typing so much lol

Plus I'am very picky with sound, but i will not spend more then 1500$ on sound, to me its not worth spending anymore unless u have the money to spend. Im on a budget.