1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Subaru considering offering non-boxer, non-AWD models

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by Autoblog, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    lol i dont understand why you would stay on a forum unless you liked the main objective of the forum which is toyota.

you people are insane.
  2. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    No, we're just extreme Toyota fans which stick with the roots. Toyota is no longer Toyota per se. You could call us loyalists.
  3. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    CORRECT, SIR!

iiin fact, the boyfriend and i are on the lookout for a Celi-Supra to muck with...he loved them, i love them, why not?

i guess that doesn't mean i'm still a fan of Toyota, though. :(
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    You're still a Toyota fan in my books. It's catch 22. You're such a hardcore fan that you're not a fan anymore. :D
  5. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    you guys might want to own old toyotas before you knock the new stuff.

my list is as follows:
    1985 toyota corolla gts
    1986 toyota pickup 4x4
    1985 toyota corolla gts

2005 toyota corolla xrs

the old cars are nice and fun and all... but they just dont compare to toyotas new vehicles. if you guys want a good performer look for an xrs corolla 9th or 10th gen, or a tacoma x-runner that outhandles a nissan 350z on the slolam. the new camry v6 makes 280hp in a very attractive new appearance. the scion xb and tc, toyota camry, and 10th gen xrs all use the extremely boost friendly 2az-fe 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine. the two of you have little experience with more than one specific model toyota and should experience a tad bit more about what youre talking about before you just run off at the mouth.
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I still prefer the older Toyota vehicles before gigantism hit and swelled everything up. I want to drive a non-fat person car.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    my only logical reply to that would be to not buy one of the swollen cars that you hate... and buy one of the uncomfortable old non-fat person cars. ill tell you from experience the the mystique of the old school cars wear off with daily driving... they get very uncomfortable and have major attitudes. its almost like they truly have their own soul and personalities... and they are OLD PEOPLE personalities lol
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Well, I'll just have to find a new car that isn't a boat. LOL
  9. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    while Toyota is a wonderful brand, their creativity has gone out the window. they don't give me anything exciting anymore...their cars just look, and drive, like cars. Subaru's biggest selling point has been their AWD in every car, and if Toyota causes that to change, that is what angers me. Toyota, as a brand, isn't bad...just boring. they're the Buick of the import world...all "nice" with nothing that makes driving the cars fun, in my opinion.
  10. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    quick poll.. who here doesn't like the lack of excitement in toyota vehicles AND watches top gear?

I ask because after watching that show you see how manufacturers come out with ridiculous cars just for the sake of being ridiculous. like a VW golf with a V8 and awd, or a renault fwd hatchback with 250hp. Cars that typically would be unsound engineering because they come with driving issues right out the door. Making the car 'insane' and having some danger/excitement to it.

For me it also comes down to passion about a car. The supra MKIV made you go WOW just seeing it because you knew somebody had put passion in to the shape of the body and backed it up with a capable powerplant. You try to look the same way at a yaris and you don't get any sense of passion in the design, simply an egg with wheels. :(
  11. Offline

Message Count:

do you look at the IS-F in awe or do you just shrug it off like you would a sentra or yaris? the IS-F grosly outperforms the mk4 supra when it was new... and for a very similar price, even in todays dollars... why do you all skip over the exciting new cars and trucks?

looks are purely subjective, if your only argument is that one car is prettier than the other... go somewhere else. but if you want to compare running gear and powertrains, then toyotas current lineup far exceeds anything they had in the 90s. the new camry and even the xrunner outperform an mr2 turbo fresh off the lot... and they are more practicle and affordable!!! the market has changed and toyota isnt #1 because they dont know anything, they are #1 because they know that a performance segment is a niche market and not one they should base the brand on.