1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

strut help

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by novak333, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Offline

novak333 New Member

Message Count:
    strut help

i got drop zone coilovers, not the full set though just the sleeve kit, they have been sitting in my trunk for a while because i dont want to install those on my stock struts, what struts would but best for these? and where would be a good place to look for them?
    any info helps, please and thank you
  2. Offline

Graphiterolla Member

Message Count:
    If you are on a budget, the KYB GR2's are decent. I had them on when I had regular coilovers. They rode as good as you can expect coilovers and decent struts to ride. I upgraded to some D2 full body coilovers though.
  3. Offline

novak333 New Member

Message Count:
    thanks

did those struts blow when you had the sleeve kit on them?
    and yea i was thinking about just getting the full coilover kit, but its kind of expensive for me now but looks like ill have to break out the old credit card lol
    wheres the best place to look for the full set? what websites or places give good deals?
  4. Offline

Graphiterolla Member

Message Count:
    The KYB's were just as strong when I pulled them out as when I put them in. I had my corolla slammed and none of them blew. If you are on a budget I would highly recommend them. They usually run about 250-275. If you can afford it though, a lot of people like the Tokico HP's which usually run about 100 more. I have never ridden on the Tokicos but I can tell you the KYB's are just fine.

If you are looking for full body coilovers, you are looking at close to 1000. My D2's were ordered from Australia and ran me 1300 but I think there are some American dealers now that could get them for like 900. They are 36 way adjustable, camber adjustment plates in the front and pillowball mounts in the back. Just search D2 racing.
  5. Offline

novak333 New Member

Message Count:
    thanks a lot

how long did you have them in?
    what website would have them for the 05 corolla s?
  6. Offline

Graphiterolla Member

Message Count:
  7. Offline

novak333 New Member

Message Count:
    yea i knew that it wasnt true when someone told me that with the sleeve kit any struts will give out, thanks a lot youve helped me a lot
    i appreciate it
  8. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    Tokico HP's are very nice struts. I've been riding on them with H&R Sport springs for almost 2 years now, and I've had no problems to speak of. Car still rides smoothly, but very firm.