1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Still waiting on my SF turbo kit

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by System Error, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    Hey Losx,

I wish I could get his name and look up the order... If the kit didn't fit. I am sure we tried whatever we could to help. If after working with him the kit truly didn't fit. We would have easily accepted it as a full refund.

The problem is people are making it seem like we sold the kit and turned our back and stuck the guy with the $$$. We take customer service very seriously and I take it personal when a customer isn't happy.

Hoping to set the record straight

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

2. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    his name was Mike, and he's in Virginia - that's the most i know of his personal information.

i DO remember that he said y'all wouldn't give him a refund, though.
  3. Offline

LoSx New Member

Message Count:
    I dont think he got it from turbokits.com I think he got it from somewhere else though....
  4. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    He did not get it from us... That is why I am so fired up about this. Everyone on this message board thinks TurboKits.com gave him bad service and screwed him out of his monoey... It wil not us. It was ProStreet.

I asked him to please go back to all of these posts and set the record straight.

We would never do that to one of our customers.

Anyway, we are here now and working with a customer in WA State to test this kit out and report back to the board first hand :)

Stay Tuned!

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

5. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    nope...Derrick and he both tried, and didn't get anywhere...though if he didn't go through turbokits, i stand corrected.
  6. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    I thought he went directly through Stafford...
  7. Offline

COROLLA1ZZ New Member

Message Count:
    I have some info about SF. You will never see your kits!!!
    I filed a complant through the CA Attorney General Bill Lockyer.This is what it said.

Thank you for bringing your consumer complaint to the attention of Attorney General Bill Lockyer. Often it is only through letters from concerned and respnsible citizens that our office becomes aware of consumer problems.

The Attorney General continually studies complaints from consumers in order to recommend to the Californa Legislature needed changes in our consumer protection laws. These complaints are also used to assist local law enforcement agencies, and in cases of statewide significance, to bring legal actions against the company involved. However, lawsuits filed by our office are on behalf of the collective legal intrest of the people of California. Weare prohibited by law from representing a private citizen who seeks personal legal remidies against a particular company or individual.

Because of the budgeting restrictions,this office cannot file legal actions in all cases that have merit. We have to establish priorities and we are constantly reviewing them. One of the factors affectiing our decsisions is the number and type of consumer complaints that we receive about a particular company.

Please be assured that your complaint will be retained in our consumer files and is of importance in helping this office to organize its priorities. Your complaint also is utilized to determine whether an investigation will be initiated against a particular firm. Should more information be required in this matter,we will contact you.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and understanding our policy and budgetart limitations in regard to consumer cases and actions. If we can be of further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
  8. Offline

LoSx New Member

Message Count:
    Well I guess I was right.. I was almost certain he didnt buy it through you (turbokits.com) and am glad because that gives us someone that will do stuff for the community that isnt completely full of shit.... (A lot of others have as well I just mean another additional one)
  9. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    Cool, glad to be vindicated :)

Moving forward from here. Hopefully we will have some positive news about the test kit when we return from SEMA.

This reminds me. If I happen to disappear this week. I am going to be away at the SEMA show. I will be back on the scene first thing Mon morn the 7th.

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

10. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    ZZE110, MA70, JZA70, AE92 GT-S x2, xB with a rollcage, 900 ft-lb Dodge Ram
    hey jesse,

i just wanted to say that i've heard a lot of horrible things about turbokits.com in the past, and i'm sure your posts have been making people feel a lot better about your company. would it be possible for you guys to provide a picture of your kit on a 00-02 corolla (8th gen body style in sig, 1zz-fe with vvti)? I'm sort of in the turbo market right now and would definitely consider your kit when the time comes.

James
  11. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    glad to see things sorta got worked out
  12. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    That is what I am here for... I should have pics for you as soon as the current test mule gets some to me.

In regards to working with Turbo Kits.com. Is what you heard a factual story about Turbo Kits.com or is it someone got a kit from Prostreet or somewhere else, had trouble and assumed it was made by Turbo Kits.com. We have been working in this business for over 5 years and really take our reputation seriously. If you can PM me more details I would be more than happy to research the issues and help or fine out what truly happened and set your mind at ease :)

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

13. Offline

LoSx New Member

Message Count:
    lol i know no time has passed but any news of progress on the test car?
  14. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    Here are a few comments:::

"Oh, I also wanted to let you guys know that when I unboxed the turbo everything was absolutely beautiful. Also the manifold and turbo look absolutely awesome and very high quality casting so I have no complaints there, TSI makes a great manifold... J-"

He is laying everything out and will send me some pics which I will post right away. He is currently waiting for some other parts (his choice) and the install should happen in 1-2 weeks.

I will of course keep you all updated :)

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

15. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    There are people on 9thgencorolla.com who got the kit from your site and it did not fit. They had to modify it. Also there is a guy on matrixowners.com who had to custom do his kit.
  16. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    Update: There was never a kit made for the matrix, the customer got the Corolla kit aware he was going to have to custom build it.

Thanks, I'll check in with them to see if I can help :)

Can you PM me the actual threads?

Jesse

17. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    Update 11-15-05

Hello All,

I received some pics from the test mule. They are huge, like 100megs worth... I will trim them down and post them up hopefully by the end of this week...

Stay Tuned!

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com
  18. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
  19. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    ZZE110, MA70, JZA70, AE92 GT-S x2, xB with a rollcage, 900 ft-lb Dodge Ram
    looks good, what year corolla is that kit going on?
  20. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    It's going on an 01... So we will see if it fits the older bodystyle. I have sold a few for the 03+ and have not gotten one back yet...

Jesse

21. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    We are based in CT so yes for sure, we always like to know of shops incase we are asked... We can also provide a wholesale program for these kits too :)

Jesse @ www.turbo-kits.com

22. Offline

elproto Guest

Message Count:
    Jessie,

From one buisness to another......this looks great. We have seen just about every kit out there for the 1zz and this one kicks ass. Cast manifold and downpipe for longevity, nice piping with bead rolled edges (this will save a few headaches) and from what we see, a properly sized intercooler for the kit. Congrats on producing this. Do you need installers in So.Cal.? Let us know.

Eric
    E.L Prototypes
  23. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    Yes sir, that is why we hooked up with our test car to get accurate answers for everyone, Turbo Kits.com included... I don't want to sell a kit that will not fit. Atleast without letting my customers know what they might run into.

24. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    Hello All,

I am going away for the Holiday but I will check back this evening before I leave. So if there are any questions, please let me know between now and then...

25. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
  26. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    dont look like its for a 98-02 corolla...
  27. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    damn that kit looks nice? any word on fitment yet?
  28. Offline

turbokits.com New Member

Message Count:
    Update: 11-30-05

I had a guy that couldn't wait for results get the kit for his 04 CE Corolla. He said the Turbo/Manifold and intercooler piping fitment was an issue. But all together the install cost $1000. So all in all it might have cost $200 - $350 for the shop to make the changes needed for the kit to fit. I am trying to get pics and a more detailed answer.

I am still waiting on the customer with the 02. Hopefully this will be more of a bolt in situation.

Future plans are to work with both customers to get the info to TSI and their fabricator so that they can work these problems out and get us a better kit.

Stay tuned.

Jesse @ www.Turbo-Kits.com

29. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    nice, can't wait to see it fit in a 02.
    I think I might need to start saving money for the turbo kit now. :D