1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

News so i got a ride in a tc today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by igorien2k, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    I dont want to get too involved here but about the thing where girls are driving tC's. That is damn true. I always let those hot ass girls switch into my lane and 99% of the times they got a tC. Ive only seen one dude drive a tC.
  2. Offline

Wide Slip Angle New Member

Message Count:
  3. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    i agree, this thread is interesting....
    i'm wit igor kinda on this one though....
  4. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    yeah I'm with Igor in the fact that he test drove it and didnt like it.....Period..
  5. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    heheh this was great... 1234 --- for the record --- you got pwn3d. :)
  6. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    well for your info the reason for me being an ass that day was because my grandma was shot and killed at a bj's wholesale club
  7. Offline

My03Tundra ROLL OUT!

Message Count:
    And I could've been that one dude... wow. Thank you all for setting me "straight."

;-)

Jeeze, all of this bantering, bickering, and bitching all because some Dude made some harsh SUBJECTIVE comments about the tC. Can't we all just get along?
  8. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Yeah, I would definately be cruising the internet if my grandma was murdered. Prob another BS story

Either way, you failed to reply to the cursing comments......

And if you tell us all that you are 16 one more time.....:(
  9. Offline

igorien2k New Member

Message Count:
    sorry guys i was drunk and got a little roudy. my bad
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Why are YOU apologizing?
  11. Offline

igorien2k New Member

Message Count:
    it was my fault for trying to argue with him in the 1st place. i was drunk and promoting the kind of senseless argument that ruins the boards
  12. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:
    I know this thread is old, but damn is it sure funny. A lot of misinformation being tossed around about the tC. "not that much faster than my car 0-60"...OMG that was just to funny.
  13. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Its NOT that much faster.....THATS funny.
  14. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

What's the rolla run in the 1/4mile? Don't know what tC's you have been racing. Is the Corolla XRS NOT that much faster either? And who races only to 60mph...lol. That's what I found funny.

Searching around to see what I could find.

1998 Corolla LE

EPA Economy, miles per gallon
    city/highway/average 28/36/33
    0-60 MPH 9.5 seconds
    1/4 Mile (E.T.) 17.5 seconds @ 80.5 mph
    Top speed 110 mph

Bone stock tC's do mid 15's in the 1/4. With only an exhaust as a power mod, we ran consistent 15.1-15.2 sec 1/4 miles. And the typical H/I/E and you would dip into the 14's. You definitely would be capable of 14's if you added a crank pulley. Stock vs Stock 2 sec difference is about 2-3 car lengths, how can you say that's NOT that much faster? I also found a Drag times post of a 2001 S/C Corolla CE. He posted a best time of 14.7 in the 1/4 mile. That's only a 10th faster than a tC with H/I/E.
  15. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    He was test driving it...not drag racing on a track. Ive ridden in stock and modded Tcs.....a stock Tc isnt THAT much faster than a corolla. The ass speedometer doesnt feel a big difference...thats what he was saying.

Get in a vette and youd be able to say that the vette is much faster than a Tc. Youd be able to FEEL that difference.

And you ask who races from 0-60? Most do (when youre talking about Tc's and Corollas) cuz most of their 1/4 mile trap times (stock) is only up to about 80mph anyways. Most that Ive found online are putting the Tcs at about 16 seconds in the 1/4.

We're not talking modded vs modded here.
  16. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Couldn't find anything for a 5 speed manual Corolla from 98-00, but here are the sepcs for a 2001 Corolla (which, arguably, has damn near identical performance to the non vvt-i ones of 98-00) are 0-60 in 8.8s and for a 2005 Scion tC it is in 7.4s.

Now, obviously, under identical situations, identical drivers and completely stock, the Scion is considerably faster (almost 1.5s is a pretty big difference), but, a modified Corolla will run faster than 8.8s, especially with the lightweight wheels and stickier rubber on igorien2k's Corolla (higher launch RPM and less rotatin mass will improve 0-60 time noticeably), so I don't doubt that he does get around 8.2s for 0-60 (its within the realm of possibility).

At that 0-60, theres 0.8s difference between him and a professional driver in a tC, so his claim of 0.5s is actually pretty spot on.

Finally, igorien2k, in my eyes, you have nothing to apologize about. You made a clear, factual post based on your experience and there was no reason for 1234 to reply the way he did, all you did afterwards was defend yourself, so no apology needed whatsoever.
  17. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

ScionLife.com is full of Stock tC's with mid 15 sec. 1/4 runs. And the short stop light, oh he got stuck behind the other car, so I win....does not count. Butt dyno's can be off. I can remember when I got our tC back from being turboed, I drove it, and then I drove our 350Z. I could NOT tell the difference in acceleration. In fact I thought our Z was going to hold it's own against our tC. Needless to say, you don't realize how much faster a car is until you line them up side by side. My Z straight got murdered. Trap speeds for a stock tC are 88+. We trapped 90+ back when we had only an exhaust system. Numerical wise, you can look at the numbers and say it's NOT that much faster. But when you translate those #'s into real world experience, then you will realize that 0.8/1.0/2.0 secs is a helluva difference. 16sec 1/4 times are for either 1) a bad driver, or 2) an automatic tC. Sorry man, but 16 secs is even below the industry recorded times for a tC. TC's are not 16 sec cars.

For the guy who said he didn't care to much for it's performance when test driving, what was his feelings when he drove the Corolla in Stock form for the first time...:rolleyes:

I'm not downing Corolla's. I have/had one of those too. But people don't race with numbers. Line them up, and translate those #'s in to physical movement. Did I miss where he said what he used to time the 8.8 0-60 time?
  18. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    For what it's worth, I pulled a 15.943 out of my old Corolla -- I/E/clutch/FW and cheapo tires.
  19. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The 8.8s is from Motor Trend, he said he timed himself at 8.2s with a stopwatch or something...
  20. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    tC's ain't my cup of tea. More of a daily driver than a performance car.
  21. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i wish this thread would just die in peace
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    You're just jealous cause tC's are chick cars and yours isn't. :D
  23. Offline

taxableabe Long time lurker

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 E63 AMG, 07 STi Limited #606/800
    my friend has a tc, he put on some dc headers, and cai.

we lined them up, all i have is a full custome cat back exhaust, and 5 speed, mind you hes an auto with 160+mods at crank

im 130+exhaust at crank

i smoked him like turkey bacon.

i love the tc's though, nice cars, body styling is awesome, reminds me of a nicer newer style of my 00 civic si.

dont get me wrong neither, tc's are sickkk cars, but i just needed a 4 door, i hate cramming h**'s in the back of a 2 door. lol
  24. Offline

igorien2k New Member

Message Count:
    wow i can't believe this thread is still alive. this should be renamed to the "official tC vs Corolla thread"
  25. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

Tell that to all the cars I have beaten on the road/track.

H22 swap Civic Coupe
    RB20DET powered 240SX
    WRX
    Modded Supercharged GTP
    395hp TrailBlazer SS
    Modded S2k with the F22c motor
    IS300
    modded SRT4

Must make for one helluva daily driver huh...;)
  26. Offline

taxableabe Long time lurker

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 E63 AMG, 07 STi Limited #606/800
    damn, what a big A$$ waste of money and life, a trailblazer SS??????????????

chevy should be shot.
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    I bet thats one helluva daily driver with traction issues.

Edit: I looked at your other topic and made some conclusions. Your car is fast racing on a straight line, but I doubt it'll be fast racing through turns like at an Auto-X. And all those races were from a roll too. So, high-power + fwd + short-geared tranny = traction issues + torque steer. So you're right, thats one helluva daily driver.
  28. Offline

Fgca_rolla milky cocopuffs

Message Count:
    Whats your 1/4 time? Just curious. Your car looks hawt though btw, so don't mistake me for flamming or anything.
  29. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    Which of those are quarter mile runs?
  30. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

Quite the opposite actually. The SRT-4 race was at the drag strip, you know, from a stop with a Drag tree...;) You have to tame the tC from a dig, hence the reason I run Drag Radials, and don't dump the clutch off the line. You have to know how to really driver her from a dig, otherwise you will sit there and go no where (even in stock form).

Secondly, My boy Auto X his tC he has upgraded sway bars, Eagle F1 tires, 18 inch rims, ZPI full exhaust, and the Umnitza intake. Guess what, he was within a 10th of a sec behind an AWD WRX.

Not to mention, ZPI is working on developing a 6spd tranny with Built in LSD. Qualife was already selling LSD's for the tC, but TRD bought all the LSD's up from them. No one knows why, but the perdiction is they will either be rebranded by TRD and sold, or be equipped in the next generation tC's.

No biggie. I'm on my way to the 1/4th in about another week. I predict Mid 13's on 8 lbs of boost. The only record of a 1/4th mile run has came from our HKS turbo timer. It recorded a 13.4 on the stock crappy factory Scion tires. It could be a few 10th's off, but I will be running DR's at the track, so yeah I predict mid 13's. Another guy with the same kit reported a 13.6 @ 102mph on 8 lbs of boost. But our car is lighter than his I'm sure, so a few more 10th's off I predict for our runs. We will see.:)

The SRT-4 was an 1/8th mile run. To which our Clutchmastes Stage 1 clutch was slipping, and I destroyed it that night. But still was able to beat the SRT.

Not to mention, but my mechanic (face behind ZPI), is working on a monster of a tC. They are building one for the Track, and they also are turning their silver car into a beast of a 1/4th mile car. The Track car ran a 12.1 in the 1/4. But it's not going to be on the drag strip anymore. It's going to circuit now. The silver car runs low 12's too. I have a vid of it running a 12.3 with trap speeds in the 118-120mph range. Guess what, both of these cars are full interior, no LSD either. The Silver car is about to break 11's and probably be breathing on 10 sec's in the 1/4th. Another one of ZPI's customer that has the exact same kit as us ran 12.7 in the 1/4th with 11 lbs of boost.