1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Snowboard Rack on Sedan

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by its_ikon, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    i've had an suv to take snowboarding for a number of years so board placement in the rack was always fine. Now with the Audi as the primary mountain car the bindings don't fit between the rack and have to either be in front or behind the front rack. Is this normal when mounting on a sedan? i don't like how the wifes board barley fits on the rack, but i am guessing this is normal when you have a sedan
  2. Offline

Press22 Mangoooooooooooo

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E28 1JZ, E36 M3
    Looks fine to me.
  3. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    that is a little sketchy. as long as you can lock the racks down it should be ok though.
  4. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
  5. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Just make sure that no matter how you try and move the snowboard it does not pop out or slide out somehow, as long at the mechanism locks in place I wouldent worry about it. If your that worried about it i'm sure you can concoct something else to as a back up safety to secure it incase anything fails.

Audis that actually utilize their roof rack apposed to having it there just as a "style," or to put stickers on are epic win. I wish we had thumbs up emoticons :(

J/W do you guys take your kids boarding also? Because in my car the back seat folds down and I would have no problem fitting a snowboard back there.
  6. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    my son is only 1-1/2, so i will have him on skis next year and walk him on the bunny slope. i would rather save the room in the car for gear. i could put the seats down, but with 2 boards and a pair of skis it gets a little crowded.