1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

SlowRolla version 2.0...not so slow

Discussion in 'Pictures & Photography' started by SlowRolla97, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    Wow, I am still a member.

This is spilling out from corollacustomz.com where Slowrolla just said "7age FTW".

I call BS on the dyno as well.

In my ae92 I have had a smallport on a map system (modded 4afe ecu) for many years. Threw a rod and built a 7age using:

10.3:1 stock pistons (new) making 11:1 compression (with stock gasket)
    New rings and hone job
    Smallport head (stock cams)
    4/2/1 header with 2.25" piping (just a modified 4age header)

my ae92 years ago put down 109.6whp on an accurate dyno (as the aw11's I saw on it were putting down 90-just under 100whp which is about right).... ie it wasn't a mustang dyno. The 7age (even after playing with timing a bit) was faster and had more torque, but didn't have anywhere near that much more power than a stock smallport. These are similar builds and since the 7afe block you built had stock pistons (which would yield lower compression) and should yield similar numbers.

I'm with turbo4age :ninjastea
  2. Offline

TE31Rolla The Monster

Message Count:
    Dude, what is your problem??? Why are you so butt hurt about everybodies car??? Seriously, I gave you the contact info as I did to turbo4age to call up the shop that dynoed the car. I am sorry if you did not make the same gains as I did on this car 7 years ago. Really dude, I read all the post on Pedros 300+whp 4afte, you tried me on Club4ag(yes I am hybridcelica), and now that SlowRolla bought the car that I put together, you are giving him a bunch of crap. WTF is wrong with you dude? You really need to checkyour game and learn the facts homie. There are some people who can vouch for me and the work that I do, I have always produced great numbers for many different people, and if I didnt make these numbers, then I would be broke and homeless. And I am know where near that. What do you want, do you want a piece of paper? Do you want to see video of it on the dyno? Not a problem, just one thing though.....I dont own the car anymore, its not mine, it belongs to SlowRolla. He bought and its his decission with whatever he does or doesnt do to the car.
  3. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:
    TE31 has built some amazing cars, this is just another one of them. The man gets NON-stop phone calls from all over the country...even Hawaii, because of his reputation as a greater builder and tuner. I just happen to be at the right place at the right time with some money to buy the car. I have NO doubt this car produces these numbers. I will dyno as soon as I get the chance and expect an apology when you have to eat your words.
  4. Offline

TE31Rolla The Monster

Message Count:
    Irie

Thanks for the kind words Josh:cool:
  5. Offline

pnyk33 300whp 4afte

Message Count:
    Te31Rolla ftmfw!!!!

shoot bro you helped build my car. :cool:
  6. Offline

Rolla88 New Member

Message Count:
    I too vouch for TE31Rolla, I have no doubt that the 7AGE produces that power. I know this is a forum but you don't have to trash other people's cars and their builders. Just because you guys can't produce the power doesn't mean that nobody else can do it. Don't worry its not your fault, you'll get there some day...but for now just observe and learn something....people are afraid of what they don't understand...so I get it
  7. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    I'm not disrespecting you -- however that doesn't mean that the dyno was calibrated correctly.

You don't take a stock engine shortblock that makes 110 crank horsepower, a head from an engine that makes 112 crank horsepower, do a little bit of porting and cut the head to increase compression a little bit and magically make 170whp. It just doesn't happen. I'm not saying it isn't a good build, I'm just stating that the figure given is inaccurate -- that or every other 4age (16V, 20V, supercharged, and turbocharged) that's been dyno'd in the past is inaccurate. You can choose which one seems more viable.

A 7age is a relatively simple build. Many people who have a 4afe, 7afe, or a 4age at the end of their life may want to do this -- however when you start throwing around numbers like that you give false hope.

SlowRolla had a problem with my workmanship on my fiberglass hood (which yes, I agree needs a lot of work and don't have time)... but I am questioning him because he obviously doesn't have his own level of workmanship -- since he tends to just discard what he doesn't know and buy others' work.... So how can one question anothers workmanship when he doesn't actually have any understanding of what it takes do do what's been done.

I learned from one of the best Toyota people I've ever met -- his expertise is in RWD stuff since he's been playing with them since first gen Celicas were new. Even he stated when you use 4afe pistons in a 7afe you'll bump compression 1 point -- meaning just having the 7a pistons in a 7age means you're already losing the compression game because you're using the combustion chamber for a 1.6 head(not to mention the valve angle isn't accurate on those pistons, and by cutting the head to raise compression I'm guessing if the belt breaks for any reason that motor is toast).

My build was successful -- it ran and pulled hard. Too bad there isn't a shop in town that can cut a crank, which is why I took a risk and used a 200k mile 7a crank which spun a bearing and I pulled the motor before it got bad (and is awaiting a new crank on the engine stand).

The most successful 7age, unfortunately, hasn't been dyno'd, and it belongs to an aw11 owner in Oregon (for the life of me his screen name and actual name are at a loss), who works for Lithia Toyota (he and the person I learned from are friends as well and have talked 7age theories).... IIRC he believes he's around 140-150hp, but the gain was more on the torque over the stock 4a.

I understand the build was 6 years ago, but why can't you understand that physically it doesn't make sense?

I have a 4agze in my aw11 where I was the first to megasquirt a supercharged 4agze... I think I know how to make power when I want to.

PM sent to TE31Rolla.

In short (besides technical stuff).... I make a point to point out outliers to the norm and question them so that others can see many things.... My thinking and way of doing this is very forward and has purpose.

I have respect for those that come online and help others out. However, when a post is put up on a car that is out of the norm (looks, power, etc) I question it for more than just me being an ass -- it shows any other readers that this build may not be the norm (IE expect different results if you attempt) and also that there's a lot of work and thought behind a huge amount of what's been done.

I hope that anyone reading this who wants a 170whp 7age stops to think about the work it may take to get to that point and that their build will probably differ.
  8. Offline

TE31Rolla The Monster

Message Count:
    toyotaspeed90, I thank you for returning my pm.....I just did the same, and lets keep Joshs thread clean of bull. Thanks.

And thanks again for responding to my pm in a grown up way unlike turbo4age;)
  9. Offline

TE31Rolla The Monster

Message Count:
    Time to bring this thread back up, found something while cleaning my shop today..............

Here you go toyotaspeed90 and turbo4age, you will also notice I put my screen name from club4ag on and todays date which is April 30th, 2009. ;)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. Offline

FolkenStrategos Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ouu, i want to see their response after that, :lol
  11. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    WTH 0HP until 4000 RPM?
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    That IS a bit fishy. Microsoft Excel anyone? :nyaah:
  13. Offline

pnyk33 300whp 4afte

Message Count:
    ya us 35 and 37 year old MEN just like to make things up to impress the kids .:rolleyes:
  14. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    lol
    [IMG]

beat tat!!!!
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeah, the people that supposedly claim to be adults are the ones that drive irresponsibly on the street every day and speed like they are f..king blind and can't see the speed limit, completely oblivious to the fact that a young child could jump into the street at any time and better yet a deer. I would LOVE the latter though, so it completely wrecks their car and then they understand.

So yes i do agree, you 35 - 37 year old "men", notice the quotes, do stupid things to impress God knows who, because I know this 24 year old "boy" isn't impressed one bit.
  16. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    ^ dude where did that come from , neither pedro or danny drive like idiots.

and to add to that , the man has no reason at all to lie , with numurous satisfied customers , and very quicj cars of his own.
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    I know, wasn't talking about him, haha. Just something that annoys me in general.
  18. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
  19. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
  20. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count: