1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Silverstar vs other xenon headlights

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Silver_Nitrate, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    Im tellin ya dude.....invest in some Nokya's......theyre the bluish bulb...theyre the only bulbs ill buy now....i use to have silverstar and they are nothing compared to nokya's.....silverstars are white but there is still a hint of yellow.....nokyas are blue and white....I use to have 9006 lows and 9005 highs....but i changed the harness when i got new headlights so now i have H3 lows and 9005 highs....Nokya's are only $25 and Silverstars are like $40.....this is what they look like...

Projector lens and since its an H3, they change colors at different angles...
    [IMG]

Low beams...
    [IMG]

High Beams....every time i took this picture, it made it blurry and im guessin its cuz of the lights intensity...
    [IMG]

Once again, lows...w/ projectors, it makes a line like that instead of a 9006 that makes light go everywhere....
    [IMG]

And highs.....
    [IMG]

The highs are ridiculously bright....i cant use them unless im on a deserted country road cuz i always get flashed at.....
  2. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    I think when my silverstars burn out (which will take forever in my car, since I rarely drive at night). I will buy upgraded socket/harness and the Nokya high wattage. My last bulbs were high wattage and lasted a long time without the heavy duty harness/socket. I was always very pleased with my KOBA bulbs (that they don't make anymore).

I'd say about 10-20% of all cars I see now (souther california) have either HID or blue colored bulbs. I've stopped worrying about getting a ticket for headlamp color.
  3. Offline

toyotaboy New Member

Message Count:
    Ok, so you're saying if I go with 9005/9006 nokya, I won't burn anything out without changing out the wiring harness? If that's the case, can't beat $54 for pairs of both hi-beam and low-beam:
    http://www.eautoworks.com/html/bulbSearch-1-TOYOTA.htm

Now it says 100W for hi-beam, and choice between 55W and 80W for lowbeam. I'm ok using any of these?
  4. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    Both me AND FastRolla96 have Stage II 100W Nokya Arctic White headlights, both lows and highs and there is no problem powering them......the only difference between me and FastRolla is that i have a different low beam (H3) than him....trust me, they will be the best headlights that you've bought.......i recommend that you have headlights with a clear lens, unlike the stock opaque POS lens and you will be even more satisfied w/ them, otherwise i wouldntve made the "will" bold, hehe....
  5. Offline

fastrolla96 speedbumps..yum

Message Count:
    You'll be fine. I already changed my harnesses with a stronger one. You can get them at autozone. I love my Nokyas and been satified with it since and I've been also using their high wattage ones.
    [IMG]
  6. Offline

toyotaboy New Member

Message Count:
    I can't seem to find clear lenses for 01-02? do they not exist, or is my year clear already (I know the 93-97 models were pretty foggy)
  7. Offline

fastrolla96 speedbumps..yum

Message Count:
    they are clear already.