1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Selling Rolla to get this >>>>

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whitekorolla02, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    My dream car would be the Lexus GS430 sport sedan ( or the Rod Millen Lexus IS430). :p
  2. Offline

sting Guest

Message Count:
    question, do you really want to change cars just because you're parked next to supposedly luxury sedans of your officemates? or thru influence by peers or friends? if you're gonna change your ride for those reasons, that's kinda sad, why let em bother you?... why be bothered by people around you... have you asked yourself if you really wanted to upgrade because you want to? if you really want to, then go for it... other than that, if you really like to mod like most of the members here, then stick with your rolla... but then again, you still have your personal choice, just my two cents... only an opinion... i could be wrong...
  3. Offline

rjy87 Guest

Message Count:
    what about a bmw 330 with sport package? I drove my aunts friends automatic 330xi and that thing is sick. I was in such awe driving the thing. Its handling is simply unreal. And its is very quick. And you could buy it new for about the same price range and get free matience.
  4. Offline

ShinmaTsunami T-elos Rider

Message Count:
    If I had that sort of money, I think I'd go with a Caddie CTS.
  5. Offline

whitekorolla02 Guest

Message Count:
    Put it this way> would you wear shorts and a t-shirt like if u'r going to the beach when u work at a law firm office??
    what i'm saying is that my car is way too sporty for me that i dress formal ( Tie, dressing pants, and Lng sleeve shirt) almost every single day. mncrlln knows it. on a saturday, before going to a car show, a was wearing a long sleeve shirt, dressing shoes and pants... i had to go back home to change.
    I never said i didn't like my car but sometimes u have decide between looks or professionalism.
  6. Offline

whitekorolla02 Guest

Message Count:
  7. Offline

kickarse Guest

Message Count:
    M3 SMG is the sickest car around.... seriously...
  8. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    wow, that's a huge price range!

LS430 is around 70k i believe, and TL is like 32, 37 fully loaded.
  9. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    i never said mine was fast.... i am an 18 year old college kid who pays his own insurance. i wouldn't spend 40 grand on a lincoln. buy a damn sti or z. and for the record my insurance is high just becuase the avg age of the civic buyer is 24. how many grandmas are 24 years old????
  10. Offline

midniterains Guest

Message Count:
    well, not meaning to offend, but if i had still had my corolla, and i had the money and whatever to upgrade to a better car, i would, even if there was outside influence. dont tell me anyone here hasn't had any influence on their cars, otherwise there would have only been one modified car evArr because no one else saw it and wanted to be like it. :confused:
  11. Offline

corolla_man_j Guest

Message Count:
    don't listen to all the haters, the lincoln ls is hot. I saw one with a modest kit, not one that looks like it is going to bite you, and it had 18 rims on it, and it was hot.. I think that is a nice step up from the rolla, you don't want to go to far up, or you won't have anywhere else to go. With this car, instead of going performance, like with the corolla, maybe you can go audio/video with the ls. I think it's nice, I was actually thinking about that or the is400
  12. Offline

whitekorolla02 Guest

Message Count:
    well i have already sold my car and still cant decide between the ls or the Z ... i'm going for another test drive on the ls to make my mind up... i wanna to get it before the sept...
    and about to answer sting's questions>>> i said that one of the reasons why i wanted to sell my car is because people evrywhere they see my car parked, they always try to scratch my paint, or just mess with the car. and also my car doesn't fit in the environment at work.
  13. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Did you test drive an M3?
  14. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Thats a wacky reason to buy a new car
  15. Offline

Laz Z Kay "n00B, be kind"

Message Count:
    I personally like the lincoln LS too. I always wanted to get one. But looking at the gas mileage. Even the V6 5spd manual, the gas mileage is so damn low, compare to a corolla that you had, you need to think about this too. But Im not gonna say anything to stop you from buying that car, if I have the dough, i would get it too. Anyways, do whatever you like, make yourself happy.
  16. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    i understand what ur saying i just can't picture anyone under the age of 50 driving. don't buy a lincoln just because it has a v8. i think 90% of lincolns have v8s. it might be more refined. but i don't think that lincolns are practical for daily use. they get shit for gas milliage and they just come off as being a sports car. true is fast. but i wouldn't want to race anyone in a 4500lb car.

what about a 35 coupe. they are bad ass.
  17. Offline

kickarse Guest

Message Count:
    Don't compare a 330xi to a M3... totally in a different league...
  18. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, just from personal experience I feel a little silly when I have a suit on and am rolling in my Corolla. Plus when I invite people over to my apartment, people see all the nice things I own and then ask me what I drive, since I obviously have money. It is always a little awkward saying, "I drive a 2000 Corolla," and then trying to explain to them that I put like $19,000 into it and it is a hobby and that is why I don't own an M3 or something like that. I can honestly say that, while I like your Corolla a lot, you and your girl just seemed a bit out of place in it. I think the Lincoln or a BMW or something would just fit you better. It is kind of like owning a car that fits your lifestyle ya know. I still want you to get an M3 though lol. I would be so happy for you and so jealous of you if you did, but I have to admit, I do like those V8 Lincolns a lot and you and your girl would look good riding in one. So what does Quincy want you to get? I am guessing the Lincoln since you have never said, "Sure, I will check out an M3!" lol
  19. Offline

Chris Corolla S Member

Message Count:
    Just to let you know, getting a new car is not going to help your low self esteem.
  20. Offline

whitekorolla02 Guest

Message Count:
    Dude i never said i have a low self esteem. and like mn_crlln said i need a car that will fit more into my lifestyle.
  21. Offline

whitekorolla02 Guest

Message Count:
  22. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    I cannot compare my 05 Corolla XRS to my previous 04 Corolla S auto because of different engine, but here is a comparable example ( taken from acura.com:(

Acura TSX:

EPA Estimated Fuel Mileage (city/highway)

Manual: 22/29* mpg

Automatic: 23/32* mpg

They both have exactly the same engine and everything. The auto weighs 100 lbs more than the manual, yet the auto gives better gas mileage than the 6 speed manual. The reason is the gear ratios, 6 vs 5 speed manual and the close spacing makes the 6 speed manual rev higher than the auto so the auto has the best mileage.
  23. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Ooopppss! wrong thread. Sorry my mistake 8 0

24. Offline

teddyeloso87 Guest

Message Count:
  25. Offline

dodolaje New Member

Message Count:
    ck ck ck peer presure.. so what if they drive BMW and Merc. maybe they have the money to burn. But you still young better think of the future save more money get some USED japanese car lux. GS300, GS400 SC300, SC400 TL-S those cars have great resale value and they look quiet lux but didnt blow your wallet. remember european car may looks feels good but after few years the maintaince goin to be HELL and if you sell it again u really can FEEL losing more money.

If i am in yer shoes. i still keep my sporty car coz i am still young. once u are old the old sport cars that suit you is the Porsche *mid life crisis sport cars* its just great to be young. heck what ppl said about you.

Why lincon why not caddy or buick.. they all have big engine and lux can also DARN SLOW. unless u are that old and u also runs LIMO CAR SERVICE, never ever touch domestic lux car. its BAD for yer IMAGE. and remember from corola to lincon u gotta be prepare to face new insurance cost new fuel cost new maintance cost and also lower resale value.trust me i felt it when i change from my lude to my legend. more for oil change 4cyl vs 6cyl more on the tune up too aka more spark plugs. visit the gas station more often yeah and the high fuel price doesnt help me at all. more expensive spare parts eventhough is just diff name. HONDA vs ACURA.
  26. Offline

whitekorolla02 Guest

Message Count:
    I feel ya... well i hope u know that i din't get the lincoln.. instead i got a 350z and it was a big change , before i tanked with $21- $25 , now $37 - $42. insurance from $96 a month to $172 and i can only carry one person with me... but i still love my car ... i'm planing to get another car for the winter, and park the Z for the whole winter.
  27. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    Oh noooooz! Run! Its zombie post! Back from teh dead!!11oneone