1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Schumacher stripped of pole..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IS-Rolla, May 28, 2006.

1. Offline

IS-Rolla Toyota Forever

Message Count:
    Schumacher stripped of pole..

http://www.formula1.com/race/news/4430/757.html
    I've been a fan of Ferrari (and Toyota, of course) for as long as I can remember. Became a Schumacher "supporter" because he drives a Ferrari. But this just blows my mind. I know he's done other stuff in the past but I've usually downplayed it and considered it a genuine error on his part. But this....OMG. When I saw qualifying, the first thing that came out of my mouth was "....no you didn't just pull that stunt.."
    Anybody else have a different opinion?
  2. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Nope. Ive never liked Schumacher, which shows in all of the other F1 threads on this board.

http://TRDforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2730&highlight=Schumacher
  3. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Schumacher is a great driver don't get me wrong but he just can't expect to win them all, he's just mad cause things are changing and Ferrari didn't show to be the great team and engineering everyone thought they were gonna show after the rules changed last season.
  4. Offline

Atmosk New Member

Message Count:
    Schumacher is and always has been unique. He's been great since a young age and while he's still great, I feel like he might be past his prime and he's fighting to stay on top. Also, I dont feel liek Ferrari has gone downhill so much as everyone else has caught up. In the old days a lot of stuff wasn't common knowledge, so the cream really rose to the top, but nowadays there just isnt that much that makes a team unique, especially in a very restricted series like F1
  5. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Schumacher wasnt so great in the past....it was more that there wasnt anyone talented enough to beat him. I think his skills have stayed the same, and everyone else has caught up and is owning him, like you said :)
  6. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Yes sir, all he needed was competition. Alonso came in with the redesigned renault and made him and ferrari look completely inferior last season, yes ferrari had the old car still but not even with the new and redesigned one they just keep struggling to find their way to the top.
  7. Offline

Atmosk New Member

Message Count:
    I think its funny that both Alonso and Schumacher both made it big with what is basically the same team.
  8. Offline

IS-Rolla Toyota Forever

Message Count:
    As much as I'm starting to dislike Schumacher, you can't ignore the fact that he had skill and talent.
    Fact:
    - he was dominant prior to his F1 career.
    - first time on an F1 machine, he started 7th on the grid. On an inferior machine (Jordan-Ford). At a technical circuit, Spa nonetheless.
    - first win was one year later at the same track.
    - he did compete with the best. 91-94 Ayrton Senna was still alive.
    - although after Senna's passing noone was as great, but he managed to beat other drivers with superior machinery, Hill (Williams), Villeneuve (Williams), Hakkinen (Mclaren).
    - he managed to revive 2 teams (Bennotton and Ferrari) and gave them World Championship (drivers and contsructors)
    - he continoulsly proved that he can set a certain lap time on command. Example: the pit would let Schumacher know before a pit stop that they needed him to post a certain lap time and gain XX secs in order to get him in and out of the pit ahead of competition. Which he did.
    - he IS 37 yrs old...his greatest competitor to date is only 24 (age does make a difference you know...)
    - and many others...

Not that I'm defending Schumacher (well, I probably am), but to say the guy was not a great "driver" (not so much a great person) is just not right....
    I do agree he is slipping. He has spurts of greatness now and then but not as consistent as during his dominant run. It's time for the young guns to shine.
    Just my 2 cents....
  9. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Hes getting old....his days are numbered