1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

scanners (leds)

Discussion in 'Interior' started by bucrolla, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Offline

bucrolla Guest

Message Count:
    scanners (led's)

Just got a scanner/led that I figured I would try to use until I got an alarm system (I know, it won't fool everyone) and I was wondering if any of you have any experience installing one? It has 3 wires, 1 ground/1hot/1 to go to something like a light in the fuse box or something like that so that it is activated when grounded fully. Kind of confused about that last (yellow) wire and wanted to see if you have any opinions.

The damn thing doesn't come with much slack in the wires, so I even thought about incorporating it into my new custom junction box, but I still don't know much about that third power connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go Bucs!
  2. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    I checked out their website and found the manual for the scanners...

Try this... touch the black wire to the negative terminal of your battery and bot the yellow and red wires to the positive terminal. They keep using the term "ground" for the yellow wire, which to me indicatives the negative ground of the battery.. but typically a yellow wire would be for a positive connection and their instructions to connect it to the fuse box support this thought. If touching those wires works, let me know...

Do you have an aftermarket stereo?