1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Saw a scion Tc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RawkinDa4Door, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Offline

sciontctrav Guest

Message Count:
    Whoa Crappy Mileage? Naw It gets 27MPG City and 30MPG Highway.

Thanks I didnt know VVTi.net was a Toyota Corolla Forum..But I mean Scions do have a VVT-i 2.4L Toyota Engine so I hope ya'll dont mind..

How do you post images on a thread?
  2. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    It isn't a Toyota Corolla forum. It's just that most of the members own Corollas. There's some Celica owners here as well.<br />
    <br />
    Edit: Grab the link to the image and add [IMG] to the end of the link.
  3. Offline

xnevergiveinx New Member

Message Count:
    why does the brochure scion sent me say that it only gets 24mpg city?

i can't check it on fueleconomy.gov they haven't listed 2005s yet
  4. Offline

dw1986 New Member

Message Count:
    xnevergiveinx, i know what xb your talking about, its at hellraizing audio. i was actually in there when they first got it and it actually belongs to some black guy. i remember him trying every possible way to fit 20s on it lol.
  5. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    it would be a toss up but between the tc and the xrs i think i would still take the xrs. since i have now driven both i can make my desicion based on my preference. The Tc is way too small. The performance was basically the same. But the clutch in the xrs is like whoa.
  6. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Scion TC has a supercharger so it is a huge advantage over the XRS. Nevertheless, It is not correct to compare the performance of the two stock on stock because of the radically different approach Toyota took to build the two cars. XRS weighs 2670 lbs and Scion TC weighs between 2990 - 3100 lbs and has a much softer suspension and more body roll. The XRS can be thrown into the corners and tossed around on the race track. You can never do that with the TC. Not to mention XRS has more top end by 10 HP power than the TC, which makes it faster while TC has more low end torque. XRS is like a wild beast above 6000 rpm and a normal mildy sporty everyday driver below whereas, TC is a sublime and peppy linear performer right across the rev range. They are meant for people with different taste.

7. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    i agree but then i dont i drove both cars also.. the xrs may have a 10hp advantage but it doesnt seem like it when ur in the tc.. you can beat the hell out of a tc around the twisites and it handles very well..
  8. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    They both are very good cars and you cannot go wrong with either. There is no doubt TC is very agile. It has massive stabilizer bars to provide really good cornering. Although, handling can be improved with a little modifications. The reason why I say XRS has an advantage in handling is because Toyota designed so many special things for the car such as, a very stiff chasis ( solid rear bench to provide chasis rigidity with a strut bar in the back as well, no 60/40 split), a specially developed steering column that gives you the precise feeling of where the front wheels are going, high coil rate springs and bushings and a connecting rod damper at the front etc. The skid pad handling numbers on a 300 foot skid pad are fairly close 0.81 lateral g for the TC and 0.83 g for the XRS.
  9. Offline

sting Guest

Message Count:
    nice car w/ d excemption of a bit bloated hood...
  10. Offline

xnevergiveinx New Member

Message Count:
    ha, cool. i used to goto hellrazing all the time with my friend. but we found out about ebay later on and saved so much money. i ihaven't been there for a while, my friend jared used to work there. oh yeah, the owner, al, doesn't he look like the former lead singer of journey, steve perry?

awesome to hear that someone on this board is local
  11. Offline

dw1986 New Member

Message Count:
    yeah ive seen your car up at giant eagle alot. you wouldnt happen to live back in prince charles developments? i saw you pull in there a few weeks ago. if so i actually live right down the street in hunters creek.
  12. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
    As far as those saying it gets really good gas mileage, my mom has an 02 Solara (same engine) and I think it gets pretty crappy mileage. In the low 20's, probably slighty worse if I was driving it.

It is pretty cool though that you can get one for $20K fully loaded. Thats great for the price! My mom's solara was like $24K new in 02, and I think the TC is nicer.

I just realized today what car the TC looks like though, at least from the rear.....a Saturn Lego (i think thats what its called) Tailights are almost identical.
  13. Offline

GUANACOROLLA Guest

Message Count:
    this may sound crazy but..the tC resembles the newer volvos...s40 ? :confused: well from the friont anyways
  14. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    i like the tC. i went to the local toyota dealership where I bought both my corollas to test one, but all they had was auto (boo...) so i left lol. but not till 3 separate salesman complimented my rolla haha - made me feel good.
  15. Offline

sciontctrav Guest

Message Count:
    Heres some pics for the eye!!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Lemme know what ya'll think?!!?!
  16. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    I like it Travis.... of course.. I'm a little biased... One thing that would make it better... is this!

[IMG]
  17. Offline

sciontctrav Guest

Message Count:
    HAHA Racing Solution..THATS my Backround right now..Im just a lil skeptical cause I want a Carbon Hood w/ Vents or Cut outs and Im waiting for one of those..Any Plans?!
  18. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    No plans from us.. next up is our lip kit and some little extra goodies here and there :)