1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

S-tech on a 01 corolla

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by MstwntdFlip, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Offline

MstwntdFlip Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    S-tech on a 01 corolla

Well.. sorry guys but im a super noob at this. Im starting my first project car so yep. just deal with my stupid questions.

Im planning to buy an S-tech tein suspensions for my corolla 01
    all bone stock exept the new cat. it has 115 000 km
    will i need anything new? Will i need to replace anything
    and BTW i getting 17 inch rims
    will it be to much for my car just for OEM parts and s tech springs?

I heard Stech springs brng your car real low, so im worried about getting these rims and worrying about rubbing:confused::confused:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/17-wheels-tires-...14&_trkparms=72:1215|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318
  2. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    17 inch rims would probably rub depending on the offset. You will most likely have to roll your fenders. As for the s-techs im not sure if they would work with your oe suspension. I think you will have to go aftermarket struts like KYB or something.
  3. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    17's rub on s'techs. there was a post about this before. jsut roll the fender and you should be ok though
  4. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The S-Tech's would work with your OEM struts, but the concensus is that it will wear them out much quicker... you are much better off getting a set of aftermarket struts such as KYB's or Tokico's... I personally had Tokico HP's on mine with the H-Tech springs and I loved it.
  5. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    Like most already said, lowering springs will wear out the struts quicker. I have a set of Eibach springs that I may sell and it is not as much of a drop, so the struts may last longer
  6. Offline

93geoprizm Active Member

Message Count:
    yea guys have had s-techs, they look badass, but id say max rim size would be 16 with 205/45/16 tires, and yea u need some struts, stock ones wont help
  7. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    idk 17's is alittle too big if you dont have a bodykit or a 4pcs lip kit.why not get 16's,it would looks better and you probally save $100 and s-tech shouldnt give you rubbing issue.

As for the rims its pretty nice and im assuming your car is either red or black to match the rims.
  8. Offline

MstwntdFlip Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    thnxx for the info guys.
    i frgot about the other specs i was adding in..

i was also adding a lip kit into it, if that changes anyones answers?

would it still be ok if i buy the 17 inch rims without changing the suspension?
    and will it be ok to get the techs or its still gonna rub on the fenders?
    and oh yeh changed my mind about the black and reds
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/17-wheels-tires-...14&_trkparms=72:1215|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

where the heck can i buy struts, i look for it in ebay and struts doesn't match anything at all?