1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Replacing CD changer

Discussion in 'Interior' started by GSE21tuner, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I say change out the stock headunit and get an Alpine. Then get the iPod integration adapter matched with an iPod. Think of that as a cd changer that can support 3000+ songs. :D
  2. Offline

TYLIN Guest

Message Count:
    Replacing CD changer

I am not doing it yet, but I am curiose what you guys change up to when replacing the stock CD changer. Do you guys get another changer that can pump out more juice, or slap in a fancy video system?

Sorry for the crazy question. These kinda options are all new to me. My freinds patted me on the back when I got a CD player in my '76 Nova, so I kinda drag my knuckles a bit.
  3. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    cd changers are rarely used now. in fact, those are getting hard to find these days. Most people are going the mp3 route since you can fit a lot more music or other audio files making it much more convenient in organizing.
  4. Offline

TYLIN Guest

Message Count:
    Now for the iPod thing....I..would have..to get an iPod....I am stuck in the 90's. I just bought my first digital camera (it's actually the wifes) about a year ago, I still shoot mainley with my trusty Minolta X370 35 mm. I still have...are ya ready for this...dial up internet. When I get on the internet, I use my work computer which isnt much better. They have myspace, photobucket, etc. blocked, so I cant see many pictures of your cool rides or download music.

I have actually been wanting to get an mp3 player to put all of my CD's on and to have music to listen to while I am fishing. For now..I will use the ever unpopular discman!!!!

I was just curiose as to what you guys would fill that big spot on the dash with if you swap out decks. The stock changer will be fine for me for now. The only thing I wish was that they formated it different. Rather than start each cd after you load it, or switch the radio off when you start loading, just let it load and then hit the 'disc' button.

Thanks for the thoughts,
    Ty
  5. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Indash 6 disc CD changers should be really cheap now. Look on ebay.
  6. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    you can get mp3 players for real cheap too. bought a 2gb Sansa mp3 player for $20 new on sale during the holidays