1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

rear disc conversion. plz help. vote.

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by sean2sean, May 30, 2004.

1. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    THIS THREAD IS FOR 93-02 COROLLAS ONLY.... any other models... will not be able to use the kit...
  2. Offline

burbod01 New Member

Message Count:
    Lekz Burns, your company's Corolla guy!

You're Welcome!!
  3. Offline

RP_11_IV Guest

Message Count:
    re:

Any definate prices yet ? i emailed the guy and put up a request on the site, jus wondering if anybody else heard anything...
  4. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    ill contact him either friday or monday.... it needs to fit on my car before he can sell it...
  5. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    if your ever too busy to test fit the rears...ill donate my rolla to the cause....
  6. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    um i still hvae to pay full price... i just get the first set... thats all...

feel free to test it out... cuz on the front i had to tell him wut was wrong with wut... like brake lines... bolts... etc...
  7. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah...the guy emailed me from Fastbrakes.com, his name is Brian...he said the partial kit was going to be like $500-$600, which wouldn't include calipers and parking brake cables....then he said once the price gets close to $1K, that he drops parts out and let's the customer pick them up when they can. and thatz all folkz.
  8. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    i have no idea wut the hell u just said... :confused: :confused:

"he said the full kit was going to be like 500-600 for the partial kit..."

so the full kit is 5-600 or is that for the partial...?? :confused:

ne ways... i was told that the partial kit would be around 200-300... full kit dependin wut u want will cost up to 1 g...

this is the partial kit...

http://www.fastbrakes.com/products/...artnum=B14-DRUM

this is the full kit....

http://www.fastbrakes.com/products/...rtnum=FB-EKrear

so something like that...
  9. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    *edited*...sorry
  10. Offline

supaloop Guest

Message Count:
    So what's the word on this rear disk conversion. Is it going to be made or what? If it is I hope it's the full kit.
  11. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    its in the works... just make sure u email him... and ask about it...
  12. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    they are busy and got other kits in the works as well... they dont just work on corollas ya know?

um.. give em a few days to respond... ill give em a call by the end of the month... and see wuts up...
  13. Offline

POBI Guest

Message Count:
    oh man i need and am ready to buy this kit now. my rear drums are shot and would rather swap instead of waste money on new drums. i emailed them yesterday and haven't heard anything yet.
  14. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    look on vpower.net you can get the rear disc conversion which will fit on 16's and he has stock size front rotors you can buy.
  15. Offline

POBI Guest

Message Count:
    yes i do know. i have no rear brakes now so i need to do the brakes, but they contacted me and he said he will start after he finishes a few projects., hopefully in the next couple months.
  16. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    I just sent in my third request. I have yet to receive a response from any one at FastBrakes. Does anyone have any update on this or has this issue just died? It looks like the last post was almost 3 weeks ago. :(
  17. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    nope... i spoke with brian last week... ill be speakin with him again this week... ill say give him another month or two... it took him a few months to work on my front brakes... and the rear is more complicated...
  18. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    yea buggin him would be the best way to go... that way he will know at least some ppl are interested in his work.
  19. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Well I guess I need to eat my words. I stated before I had contact them 3 times with no response and then today, bam!, I get the following reply from Brian Hasty:

I'm still trying to get to that one, hopefully in the next couple of months, other kits keep running into design changes that I have to iron out first...

A few months still sounds like a long time since I know you have been working on this for over a year now but at least I can see some rays of hope! Let me know when/if you want me to keep bugging him or if I should just give it a few months and check back. Thanks for all your work on this!
  20. Offline

Concordmk1 Guest

Message Count:
    I wanted to get this myself but then I realised I won't be dropping enough money into my car to make it fast enough to make a difference in braking. I just can't justify it now. Or anything else for the car performance wise now. :(
  21. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
    17" wheels are for slow cars and show cars.

you show me a FWD unibody four-banger that needs anything bigger than a 15x6 for anything other than brake clearance.
  22. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Notice he said "looks like s*** with anything smaller" not "performs like s*** with anything smaller". I gotta agree, the new body style of Rolla looks like a big dookie bubble on roller skates unless you put some larger wheels on it, but there really isn't much point to having a taller wheel unless you are able to maintain the circumference of your stock wheel/tire set up while going to a tire with a smaller profile in an effort to increase sidewall rigidity and improve cornering. Other than that the rotational inertia if larger wheels usually decreases a car's acceleration which is not a goal of most tuners, but I can tell you a 17" wheel tire combo using say a 255/40/R17 tire has the same circumference of a 15" wheel with a 255/60/R17 (stock) setup. As long as you keep the weight at or below that of the 15" wheel tire combo, there should be no difference in straight like performance and a gain in cornering ability by going to the larger wheel/lower profile tire combo.
  23. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Can we get some people to go another round on this. I just emailed Brian again the other day and he said he may be able to start working on it soon. Let's let him know we mean business!!!
  24. Offline

TRD93LE Guest

Message Count:
    REAR DISC BRAKES from a AE111 to a AE102 93-97

I bought a REAR disc brakes setup from a friend of mine and put it on my AE102. From a Japanese TOYOTA Corolla AE111. All I paid was $350.00 and I did my own labor.
  25. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    Have more sets you can get ahold of? If so, that would be a nice liitle niche market.
  26. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    i rather get larger 2 piece rotors and forged alum. calpers over the used ae111 brake setup...
  27. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    got a call from fastbrakes... he got the parts and things needed... will prob be ready in a week or two... just in time for xmas... hehe
  28. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:

Sweet! I am dying over here...I have been emailing Brian for months about this...Keep us posted...
  29. Offline

KingKuei Guest

Message Count:
    SSBC (www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com) makes upgrades for 03-04 Corollas (although it's listed under the Matrix section). The upgrades have already been tested, so they work.

SSBC currently offeres a rear-disc brake conversion (single-piston) for the rear. And they have up to 4-piston upgrade for the front with a choice of 12" or 13" rotors depending on your wheel size (12" rotors require at least 17" wheels, and 13" rotors require at least 18" wheels).

So far, SSBC is the only company I know of that does the rear disc brake conversion. But there are plenty of options for the front.

Rotora 4-piston calipers with 12" slotted and cross-drilled rotors

SSBC 4-piston calipers with 12" or 13" slotted rotors

TRD Big Brake Kit with 4-piston calipers and 13" slotted rotors
  30. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    um... kingkuei... if u read up on the thread.... the kit is for 02 and under... not 03 and up...